A thought on public image

This is just my two cents. It's not meant to be dictating terminology or anything, just to get people thinking and talking. That said...

All these bans popping up on "e-cigarettes", maybe we should use the term "personal vaporizer" or "vape" instead. People's anti-smoking ears perk up with anger at the word "cigarette" like my cat's ears at the sound of the vacuum. Whenever somebody questions what I'm doing out in public, I just say "It's my vape. It's just water vapor. Let's me feel like I'm smoking without smoking", and they let it go.

It's just a thought. It's a tactic I use when explaining a lot of things.

They're called eCigs, to attract smokers. If they're called E-anything else, smokers won't give a second listen.

The powers that be, the ANTZ, would try to ban them if they were called miracles. They want money, smoke tax money, grants from BP, probably money from Maurice Strong, etc... They want global taxing, people get rich off global taxing. Those who can't she'll out anymore will no doubt be herded off to FEMA camps ... Oops, that's a bit tinfoil hatted, but, sheesh...

Anyway, back on track. The ANTZ want global control, they don't care about health...

While picking up my bags at the baggage claim at LHR and someone came up to me and started giving me a verbal licking for stinking up the room with my "cigarette" (they used a British slang term that I don't want to repeat here due to it being offensive in the states.) Instead of getting defensive I said respectfully "It's actually a personal vaporizer." After that they started to get more belligerent and a PO came over and asked what the shouting was about. They replied with "This brazen Yankee moron is stinking up the baggage claim with his tobacco." The officer looked at me and I showed him my eGo-cc and he rolled his eyes and laughed a little. Asked them to take in a deep breath and said "Do you smell any tobacco?" They shook their head and said I was hiding it (how that's possible I wouldn't know). He then told them to move along and came up to me, shook my hand and said he was happy to see someone taking a step towards a healthier life style.

While picking up my bags at the baggage claim at LHR and someone came up to me and started giving me a verbal licking for stinking up the room with my "cigarette" (they used a British slang term that I don't want to repeat here due to it being offensive in the states.)

That word for cigarette cracks me right up, always has.

And the idea of people quitting them just makes it even funnier. "I can't seem to quit you. Don't tell my wife."

Not to mention us LGBTs traveling in packs, like wolves.

(My apologies if anyone is offended by my humor. My childish imagination takes a silly sounding word and runs with it till it trips and puts it's eye out.)

My question for the idiot is...

If you are hiding it, how the bloody hell are you "stinking up the room"?

Antis are so whiny.

I had heard this person whining about every little thing on the flight over. The seats were too uncomfortable, the engines were too noisy, the flight attendants were annoying, the in flight movies were inappropriate for children. On and on and on. I wasn't entirely surprised when I became the target for this person.

I had heard this person whining about every little thing on the flight over. The seats were too uncomfortable, the engines were too noisy, the flight attendants were annoying, the in flight movies were inappropriate for children. On and on and on. I wasn't entirely surprised when I became the target for this person.

I can't stand people like that! For god sake, man... Sit back and be amazed humans can ******* FLY!

There is one positive to having a paralyzing fear of planes. I don't have to put up with that.

I can't stand people like that! For god sake, man... Sit back and be amazed humans can ******* FLY!

There is one positive to having a paralyzing fear of planes. I don't have to put up with that.

Flying isn't bad with a 5th of whiskey before boarding ;)

My fear of planes is bad enough that I have crashed a car when a plane came in low over the car. Right off the road and in to a ditch.

I have no idea why I'm so terrified of planes.

For me flying isn't a big issue. I flew from Florida back to Texas the weekend after 9/11 happened. That was a white knuckle flight.

Ran into a pub that doesn't like vaping. Waterman's Arms in Eton. Friendly staff, they just kindly requested that i stop because some of the analog smokers will get fussy.

I'd leave the pub. I'm not going to be out in the cold cause some one else is jealous my activities dont hurt other people.

I'd leave the pub. I'm not going to be out in the cold cause some one else is jealous my activities dont hurt other people.

It wasn't a huge issue with the staff. A chap that came in right behind me who had been smoking outside. I suspect he saw me take a drag of my e cig and went to the pubs owner and whined about it.

It wasn't a huge issue with the staff. A chap that came in right behind me who had been smoking outside. I suspect he saw me take a drag of my e cig and went to the pubs owner and whined about it.

I whine pretty loud. I suspect I could out whine him. Especially if I've been at a pub drinking.

Another pub said no on the e cig before I even got through the door. I was taking a drag as I was walking up and a chap was outside smoking. Turned out to be the owner. I did an about face and walked to the pub across the street where they gladly let me vape indoors.

Before I quit analogs, and was still smoking cigars, my wife and I went to pick up pizza. As I was standing outside waiting for her, I thought I'd light up a cigar. When I realized I wouldn't have time to smoke it, I just put it in my mouth between my teeth. A lady drove up and parked about 50 ft. away from where I was standing, and when she got out of her car, she saw me and started coughing, gaging and waving her hands in front of her face like she was fanning away smoke. She yelled at me to move away from the door and said the smoke was choking her. When I held up my unlit cigar and said "lady it isn't lit," she in disgust, stopped coughing, gaging and waving her hands, and replied "Well, I don't care, it stinks anyway."

This is simply stated, an example of how unreasonable and crazy people are about the issue of smoking. This person was suffering physical symptoms of trauma from something that didn't exist.

I have a friend who quit smoking cigars several years ago, but will occasionally take one and put it in his mouth unlit for a while, to I guess enjoy some of the flavor. He says he runs into this type of situation all the time. Interesting

Before I quit analogs, and was still smoking cigars, my wife and I went to pick up pizza. As I was standing outside waiting for her, I thought I'd light up a cigar. When I realized I wouldn't have time to smoke it, I just put it in my mouth between my teeth. A lady drove up and parked about 50 ft. away from where I was standing, and when she got out of her car, she saw me and started coughing, gaging and waving her hands in front of her face like she was fanning away smoke. She yelled at me to move away from the door and said the smoke was choking her. When I held up my unlit cigar and said "lady it isn't lit," she in disgust, stopped coughing, gaging and waving her hands, and replied "Well, I don't care, it stinks anyway."

This is simply stated, an example of how unreasonable and crazy people are about the issue of smoking. This person was suffering physical symptoms of trauma from something that didn't exist.

LOL