Recommend a "pocket" vaporizer?

Medic7158

Hello guys. I'm obviously new to the vape lifestyle, but I am diggin it so far! I recently purchased a ProVari with the Kangertech Protank II and it's been awesome. I'm still fiddling with the nuances of this device (voltage setting vs ohms) but I've got confidence I'll get it dialed in. The thing is though, it's huge! I get some sideways glances when I walk around with this thing in a pocket. ;-). Would someone recommend a smaller device that might come close to the provari performance, without the likelihood of getting me slapped or raped at a bar? I've done some reading around in the newbie section, but not coming up with anything to fit the bill. Thanks in advance!

There is no compact e-cig that comes close to a ProVari. Not to be insensitive, Just saying... It's like saying I have a Ferrari and looking for a Prius that matches it performance. ;) Having said that, HelloMiakoda is correct, the Ego Twist is a good pocket unit or to hang it on a lanyard.

Hello guys. I'm obviously new to the vape lifestyle, but I am diggin it so far! I recently purchased a ProVari with the Kangertech Protank II and it's been awesome. I'm still fiddling with the nuances of this device (voltage setting vs ohms) but I've got confidence I'll get it dialed in. The thing is though, it's huge! I get some sideways glances when I walk around with this thing in a pocket. ;-). Would someone recommend a smaller device that might come close to the provari performance, without the likelihood of getting me slapped or raped at a bar? I've done some reading around in the newbie section, but not coming up with anything to fit the bill. Thanks in advance!

Have you thought about the mini Provari? I don't really know how they compare in terms of size.

I would go with the 2300 mah spinner, but I would take the tank off before you put it in your pocket. You can set the voltage, which you can with the Provari, you just don't get all the bells and whistles (or the complicated menu).

Not to be nosy, but did you didn't jump right in with the Provari, did you? Then again, hubby got the Provari two weeks into our vaping, and I got my first APV a month in.....but I jumped in slower.

BTW, just saying....your screen name is REALLY close to one of our long time members here.....so I had to do a double take.

Edited by spydre

Lol! Thanks for the advice wizard! Maybe provari should make a wrap that's a middle finger. That would be awesome!

Spydre, I considered the mini provari but it really doesn't seem that much smaller than the regular size. I was thinking something about half as big. Like maybe the spinner ( it seems pretty highly recommended). I did jump right in with the provari I guess, never been one to half step though. It takes some tinkering to get the voltage where you like and to keep it from leaking juice in your mouth, but I enjoy findling with stuff so that's not a problem for me.

I think I'll give the spinner a ...spin? Lol! Thanks everyone for the replies. This forum is already turning out very helpful and no one gave me the usual point to the search feature.

• 4 weeks later...

I, basically, did the same thing Medic: Provari (mini) right from the get-go* . I got the Zen atti and use the Kanger II for my walkabout. I have the same problem, it's too big to lug around in my pocket. (I quickly learned that the Zen spilled after spending the night smelling like ejuice...that's when I got the Kanger...I am not a smart man). I'm curious about a 'non-spill', 'pocket friendly' option (money is not an issue).

I'm looking at the Microstick, but am having difficulties finding the right tank to go with it. I'm going to post to the main forum, as well.

*I got an eGo from MadVapes and used for a few weeks before buying the Provari. btw, Provari rocks....it's an incredible piece. I just feel that it's best left for home.

PS - I can't wear a lanyard or anything, as I'm a businessman; this is also why the Provari is difficult, my slacks easily accomodate the Provari sitting sideways in the pocket (unlike blue jeans) :)

Wait - you said the Provari is DIFFICULT because it fits in your slacks pocket?

Lol, it fits 'sideways' in my slacks pocket (it starts to slide down and before I know it I have a 'duckbill' on either side of my legs). A square-shaped object would be less prone to conforming to such a shape, and if it did, it would be square, so would matter little.

What about an MVP? I don't know about guy's pockets, but it fits in my jeans pockets fine, generally, though the top of my evod sticks out a little bit. Haven't tried it with dress pants. It's a box mod, so no funny looking shapes, IMO. Depending on what battery you have, you want to be careful about leaving a tank on it when you put it in a pocket.

MVP. This is exactly why I'm looking at the Microstick. I am new to vaping, and there is quite a learning curve (not difficult with the scientific or technical concepts for me, but with the vast array of products on the market). Something like this would be keen.

I have had not troubles with the Provari mini in jeans, they are tight enough to keep it in place (despite the fact I look like I'm walking around with a raging....nevermind).

As for batteries, I have: 2 3.7V(2.6 WH)...mini and a long 3.7V(4.1 WH) <---the Provari battery choices

MVP. This is exactly why I'm looking at the Microstick. I am new to vaping, and there is quite a learning curve (not difficult with the scientific or technical concepts for me, but with the vast array of products on the market). Something like this would be keen.

I have had not troubles with the Provari mini in jeans, they are tight enough to keep it in place (despite the fact I look like I'm walking around with a raging....nevermind).

As for batteries, I have: 2 3.7V(2.6 WH)...mini and a long 3.7V(4.1 WH) <---the Provari battery choices

Okay, the Microstick is essentially the same measurements as the MVP, but 1/2 the height. As for as a tank - basically, you would have to either use a 510 to ego threaded adapter, or use, as far as I can tell, only a mini vivi nova with a 510 thread on it. I wasn't really able to find any other 510 threaded tank that would fit with the Microstick measurements, and I'm not sure that you can use the adapter with the microstick the way it's set up, so it would be that or rebuildables, it looks like. Genesis style?

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feeback; and Spydre, a big thank you taking your time with my inquiry. I'm going to keep looking into it. I'm not a machinist (just a mathematician), but I'll let you know what I find out.

No problem. I enjoy looking this stuff up when I have the time, 'cause I learn stuff, too. And yeah, I'm not mechanically inclined, either, so I won't be going with with an RBA any time in the near future, since I was a legal secretary in another life. I know how to use a soldering iron well enough to um, let's see, melt solder and collect it in a cut out portion of a kid's Boy Scout, what was it, Pinewood Derby car, so it would be heavy enough? Because if it was too light, it wouldn't go fast enough, if the weight was in the wrong place, it wouldn't go fast enough, yada yada yada, so I soldered lead into that empty rectangle in the wood, lol. And that was um, I think eight years ago? We were in this house, but the boys weren't in Scouts much longer after we moved here. And it was when we had the old desk, and only one computer.

Haha...man that brought me back. I knew for a fact I was going to win the pinewood derby and get accepted to NASA when I was in 2nd grade....I f'n knew it. <sigh> My path ran different treads.

Sad thing is, but my oldest's last year in Webelos, his brother (not a Tiger, one grade up from Tiger, I guess Wolf) had a faster car. But oldest was one of only four in his den (and winners were awarded not only for over all placement, but den placement as well), so oldest got either first or second for his den, but youngest got third because there were 12 kids in his den, even though his car was faster than his brother's.

Sad thing is, but my oldest's last year in Webelos, his brother (not a Tiger, one grade up from Tiger, I guess Wolf) had a faster car. But oldest was one of only four in his den (and winners were awarded not only for over all placement, but den placement as well), so oldest got either first or second for his den, but youngest got third because there were 12 kids in his den, even though his car was faster than his brother's.

If he felt crushed by it, don't buy him anything. Give him something else to succeed in. I won the state championship in chess a few years later (grade 3/4/5..my grades kinda blended where they could find a place for me). The point is not a physical thing, but a mental thing; the feeling of success is and should be hard-won. Overcoming challenges is what gives us the drive to find new ones.

He was pretty much happy that he got a trophy - and he knew his car was faster than his brother's. Like I said, this was YEARS ago - my oldest's last year in Webelos, and he's 1/2 way through his freshman year of college.

Youngest's interest in scouting didn't last out the year, and oldest's only lasted a year more - 1/2 through his first year as a Boy Scout.

They've always had different interests, except video games, lol. But the youngest really started to shine a lot more in other areas when oldest moved to college, even though his brother always comes home 1 night every weekend to do laundry for free, and, of course, breaks. Everything has improved since August. And as typical, they get along better when they aren't in each other's pockets all the time. I was that way with my sister. Didn't like her much when I lived with her, lol. Or I went through phases of not liking her much. But by the time I was about a senior in high school, when she had been in and out of the house a few times already, we were getting along better. Then even better right before I got married. She was living in our parents' basement, I was still living at home, but it was more of an apartment for her and her son - well, sons right before I got married. If she was home, she took meals with us, and of course, there was time upstairs to let the kids spend time with our family, but most of her time with her boys was down in her area. I was more of an equal. Only one bump in the relationship after that, and that was something deeply personal. I know most sibs are that way.