My objective look at the dangers of e-cigarettes...

VapingJay

Hey guys. I've gotten a few messages from vaping newbies about how safe e-cigarettes actually are so I thought I would put together a short video to try to answer this by taking a look at some of the vaping studies and information that's out there.

And no I'm not a Doctor or anything like that I'm just a vaper that did some research :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1jVFtnr6E

• 2 weeks later...

Great video. Short and to the point.
"The ideal option would be to not smoke or vape..." That depends on the person. Likewise, I'm sure I'd be "healthier" not consuming caffeine and not eating some of the junk food I eat, but I wouldn't be happier. For me, if the boost in my enjoyment of life far exceeds the risk to my health, I'll take that risk. Being multiple, I also discuss those risks with my headmates.

Great video. Short and to the point.

"The ideal option would be to not smoke or vape..." That depends on the person. Likewise, I'm sure I'd be "healthier" not consuming caffeine and not eating some of the junk food I eat, but I wouldn't be happier. For me, if the boost in my enjoyment of life far exceeds the risk to my health, I'll take that risk. Being multiple, I also discuss those risks with my headmates.

True ;)

I just wanna say... It's not about making sure there's absolutely no risk. The lower the risk, the better, for sure... But whether or not vaping is 100% safe is completely irrelevant because we KNOW cigarettes are absolutely, 100% NOT safe, and people are still allowed to smoke.

Also, I wanna point out that I think people should have the freedom to do whatever the hell they want to their own bodies and lives.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

• 2 weeks later...

Great Video with one minor exception. It's the number of chemicals added to tobacco to make cigarettes. I am an American living in the Philippines.... I have been vaping for 1 1/2 years. I had a 2 pack a

day habit. I am a retired electronics engineer, 68 years old and have a lot of time on my hands. I

have done much research on the pro's and con's of vaping. I have read much research done by so called

scientists that have no idea what vaping is all about. They have no idea about the equipment or the

liquid that is used. The statement that really makes me angry is "They haven't been proven safe".

Dah.......Cigarettes ARE proven killers and they still sell them. There are 10000 to 1000000 chemicals

in cigarettes. 4000+ of these are know toxins, 70+ of these are know to cause cancer. The only thing

E Cigaretted and analog Cigarettes have in common is nicotine. Yes if believe there should be

some sort of regulation. There should be regulation with E-Liquid because that is what has the

nicotine in it. Then they argue about the nicotine health risks. Yes it does and that is one of

the reasons people use this to quick smoking. "They" say there is not evidence that vaping helps

you quick smoking. All they have to do is to read the many vaper forums and they can get an idea

of how many people have quit smoking because of E Cigarettes. The 2009 FDA study showed that E Liquid

contained poison(1 sample of 16 contained diethylene glycol). Maybe it did but many tests since then

have found no toxins. They should do another study now because these issues have been addressed by the

companies that produce E liquid. Another thing that angers me is that with all of the talk that

children will stand a greater chance of being exposed to nicotine because of all the different flavors.

Not one of the anti E Cigarettes groups or organizations has mentioned anything about the tobacco

companies latest product at getting people hooked on nicotine. They are little “flavored cigars”.

They are made of tobacco. They have all the chemicals and toxins that regular cigarettes have.

Their marketing is directed towards teenagers. Nicotine is a stimulant and found in eggplant,

tomatoes, potatoes, peppers. tea etc........ Nicotine is being researched as a means of fighting

off Parkinson's decease. the PG and VG are in most of the foods we ingest everyday. PG is used in

many medical applications and in the ventilation system in many hospitals and clinics to decrease

the spread of infection. PG is a germacide........ but PG is in antifreeze and that's poison. PG is

in antifreeze, the toxic kind and the non-toxic kind.......The puffers used by people with lung

disorders contain Pg. Ice cream contains both PG and VG, and on and on.... I have much much more

information on the plus side than the negative side. This fact leads me to believe that the people

and government agencies against E-Cigarettes are either just plain ignorant or in the tobacco

companies pocket. What I am sure of is that vaping saved my life and I feel better than I have in years.

IMHO what it truly boils down to is revenue. Pure Simple Economics. The governments are losing tax dollars every time a person quits smoking. Not just a small amount but real dollars. Here in Michigan over 70% of what is paid on a pack of analogs goes to taxes, split between State and Federal governments. Now take a person who was a say a 2 pack a day smoker quits and goes to an e-cig. In Michigan on average we pay $6.95 per pack. At 70% this puts $4.61 of tax money to the government per pack, Take this number and double it $9.22 per day. Now lets take it one step further $276.60 per 30 days, one month. Lets see what it would be per year, $3365.30 per smoker per year. That is the per year loss per every 2 pack a day smoker that picks up an e-cigarette in just the State of Michigan. This is why the Feds are POed. It has nothing to do with your health and the safety of the public, it has everything to do with Profit and the case of E-Cigarettes Loss Of Revenue.