I need some help....

rcoe

My apologies if this doesn't belong here, but I put here intentionally as I need some help and wanted it to be in a high traffic area.

I need some help...

I've been vaping for about 80ish days. Went straight from smoking and dipping to vaping in one fail swoop. No slips.

Over the past week I've had a progressive discomfort in my chest. It started at the end of the day I would notice a sharpness/harshness in my chest when I'd vape and has grown to a constant discomort (sometimes it's almost like an itch). Even to the point that I cannot vape. Even the slightest draw inhaled results in sharpness and a gaspy (involuntary) exhale.

I was on the road (fri - today) when it got at it's worst so I just limped along...I swapped coils, vw, vv, juices that I had, you name it I tried it. I was using Fuzion juices. I contacted Jared who confirmed that all of their juices are max VG (except the little that nic/flavor might be suspended in) (classic PG allergy, right?)

Finally today my plane landed and I drove straight to my local B&M and had the owner mix 100%VG and 18mg nic (no flavor). The result after a couple of hours are slightly better maybe. Why would the Fuzion juices result in this if they are max VG?

Does this sound like a PG allergy? Why after 75 days (when I started vaping it was 70PG/30VG).

I love vaping...everything about it, the people, the hobby, all of it, but right now the thrill is gone...and it SUCKS ROYAL.

thanks for any advice you can offer. It's much appreciated.

details on my gear (if interested)

Vamo V2 & Ego C Twist

Protank 2

Mini Davide

Stock coils and rebuilds (cotton(sterile from CVS) and silica) 1.8 - 2.5 ohms

3.0 v - 4.1v

5w - 8w

Juices - Fuzion Unicorn Blood, Fruit Blend, Endless Summer, all 18mg nic.

I had a friend that was using PG juice from a certain supplier and had nothing but chest complaints and a harsh cough, since he has gone 100% VG he is much better.

Probably better to get it checked out though I'm no doctor :)

Even some that claim they are 100% VG turn out to be 80 / 20.

I mainly use Fuzion liquids and it is explained on their site that all their liquids are made with a 65vg 35pg base. And no, I do not believe in PG allergies unless it had happened before with toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo or any of the other daily use items that contain propylene glycol. Based on your explanation I would see a doctor. Your symptoms are more consistent with a respiratory infection or other ailment more than anything to do with pg imo.

Sounds like your on the right track, maybe a slight allergy, that took time to show itself? I could even be a bug, it's that time of year, kids in school etc. give it a couple days and let us know how your doing! At worst, I'll buy some of your gear!

You can however contact Jared at Fuzion and request 100% VG but I do not think that is your issue.

I did contact Jared. "We no longer add any PG to our juice. We use 65% VG and 35% Flavoring".

That's their max vg.

http://www.fuzionvapor.com/aboutus.asp

Not sure about the 35% flavoring thing unless they just changed it. I do have a new bottle of Endless Summer and it is clear when usually has a yellow hue that gets darker over time.

Their liquids showed me my favorite blend % is 65vg 35pg. I was all 70 or 80pg until I ordered from them now I am 50-50 max and have grown to not want a throat hit.

http://www.fuzionvapor.com/aboutus.asp

Not sure about the 35% flavoring thing unless they just changed it. I do have a new bottle of Endless Summer and it is clear when usually has a yellow hue that gets darker over time.

Their liquids showed me my favorite blend % is 65vg 35pg. I was all 70 or 80pg until I ordered from them now I am 50-50 max and have grown to not want a throat hit.

Just quoting the email Jared sent this morning.

Sounds like your on the right track, maybe a slight allergy, that took time to show itself? I could even be a bug, it's that time of year, kids in school etc. give it a couple days and let us know how your doing! At worst, I'll buy some of your gear!

Thanks Troy. If I have to quit it won't be for sale. I'll donate it to someone in need.

Just quoting the email Jared sent this morning.

Definitely not saying you are wrong just that what he emailed you is contradictory to what it says on their site. It made me think about the bottle of Endless Summer that just came in being completely clear. I mean it always darkens over time but has always had a yellow hue to it upon arrival. Hope they did not mess with my favorite flavor.

I bet he meant they no longer add PG in the sense of requesting more. I thought all liquids were mixed with PG and VG percentages equalling 100. I have never seen otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken I believe Fuzion may add a little food coloring to their juices or the coloring could be in their flavoring they use. Maybe that's the culprit? All the juices I get from EC Blends, Vape Dudes, etc. do not have this.

Another thing you might consider, how much more and often do you vape vs. what you smoked? Could it be that you're getting too much nicotine? When I was playing mad scientist with one of my juices I direct dripped to taste. The juice started out at 24 mg of nic. After a while I noticed a little chest pain, dizziness, headache... It was from getting too much nicotine in my system. Once I stopped for a bit the symptoms cleared up.

Still, I would be making an appointment with your doctor to rule out anything else. I hope it's an easy fix.

No discomfort first thing in the am. First vape stings the lungs and continues from there. (Progressively has gotten worse over the last week). Seems to lessen slightly if I continue to vape, but never free and clear like before.

18mg. Been there the whole time (short stint at 24 to start)

Do you have any juices lower in nicotine? I'd give 11 or 12 mg a shot, 6 mg would be even better to try. Sounds very much like it might be the nic level and you need to step it down a bit. Of course I'm no medical professional but that's my guess. I hope it's something as simple as this...

Do you have any juices lower in nicotine? I'd give 11 or 12 mg a shot, 6 mg would be even better to try. Sounds very much like it might be the nic level and you need to step it down a bit. Of course I'm no medical professional but that's my guess. I hope it's something as simple as this...

Me too Tam. This sucks. I'm about one more hack from going and grabbin a can of dip.

Here's a long shot but it might be worth a try. Do you have any premade coils straight out of a package that wasn't built by you? If you do, try putting that into one of your tanks. Take a little bit of whatever juice, put it into a new bottle and dilute with some distilled water (I've used bottled or filtered water in a pinch). I'd go 2/3 juice to 1/3 water and vape. See if that might make a difference?