Most Recommended RDA

Posted this another thread but it got buried...

ATM I use the old school 401s for my flavor testing and have 1 atty for each flavor. Now that I'm running low on them and find the flavor is definitely sub par to a RBA SS mesh wick tank, I'm looking for a good RDA that I can use a SS mesh wick.

Looking at:

Smokteck 510 RDA (not showing wick type)

IGO-L 510 RDA (shows Fiberglass or Silica Rope wick type)

IGO-W RDA (shows Fiberglass, Silica Rope or SS Mesh wick type)

Phoenix V2 RDA (not showing wick type)

The IGO-L or IGO-W is what I'm leanig toward but, I'm just not knowlagable enough in RDAs to make up my mind. I don't want a replaceable atomizer/cartomizer as I'm moving away from any thing I can't grab some wire, wick and rebiuld it. I'm finding that the SS mesh don't hold the previous flavor of juice like silica and cotton wick can so, mesh is a must. Any advice from you long time drippers would be a great help, Cost is not so much an issue for this?

Out of the ones you listed, the Smoktech is the only one I do not have in my collection. My recommendation for a first RBA would be the Igo-L. The dual coils on the W can be a pain, and the Phoenix is small. Neither of which are appropriate for a starter atty.

Don't get too hung up on wick types either. Honestly, you could use any wick type you want. Personally, I use organic cotton balls as a wicking material in all my RDAs.

Thanks CE

If it wasn't for the quick flavor cleaning of the ss mesh I wouldn't worry about the wick type at all. But for the price of Igo's I would go with 3 or 4 of them if they would work well for flavor testing... So you are saying it would be possible to do a mesh on the IGO L?

I'm not set on these models either I would put out the cash if suits my needs but why spend $65 if it don't need to.

RDAs are designed to use Silica/Fiber/Cotton wick since there is no juice reservoir. SS mesh can not hold much juice. Personally, I have never used only SS mesh for RDAs.

I have both IGO-L (single coil) and IGO-W (dual/single coil). They work pretty well. Some people want the larger air holes, but I like the original size. I have 5 RDAs, but currently only use the Nimbus and the Trident clone with cotton ball. Just replace the cotton for new flavor. Don't need to build new coil.

Thanks for the input pdoan2006

Being that it will be used primarily for taste testing I won't need cotton in the atomizer to hold juice. When you taste test you only need a few drops 2-3 to get the flavor. If the flavor is not right you add more flavor to your test batch and try again. Having cotton in it, you would need to saturate the cotton so it don't burn.This would throw off the amounts in the small test batch mix to a point of ending up with a unreliable and a unrepeatable recipe.

If I were to use it for my main atomizer then yes I would agree, cotton would be the way to go. There will be times I do want just that (cotton) to test the flavor once I have it down. This would allow me to see if it would be good over time. This is why I would want a few attys so I could test it as dripper would taste it and not just as a tank user.

Edited by Compenstine

I have the IGO-W, and it suits my needs for dripping. I'm not a big dripper, as I only use it to test juices. I can get great flavor and clouds from my RSST.

Thanks for the input 3Rutez

I have seen a lot of good reviews for the IGO-L and W. Of course the Nimbus as well. If I decide i like dripping better than my tank I may just grab one if see it on sale. I become good at building coils so I'm not afraid of the IGO-W being a dual coil. I want to do some mini coils too just because. ;)

Thanks IMEDICx90

I have been looking at the Trident after pdoan2006 mentioned it as well, not priced to bad. I found a 24k Gold plated one for $16.85. It's only a few dollors more than the IGO-L at $12.95. I like looks of the Nimbus, little pricey, but not unexpected. I would get one more for an everyday take with me RDA. :)

You probably want it to get to you within the years end also. They don't call it SlowTech for nothing. Plus, why not support US distributors? I will always order from US suppliers. Just how I feel. :D

You probably want it to get to you within the years end also. They don't call it SlowTech for nothing. Plus, why not support US distributors? I will always order from US suppliers. Just how I feel. :D

I hear yea, but, when it is a matter of saving over 50% on the bulk items that i don't need asap, I'm not against waiting a couple three weeks. I am ordering the 2 I want now from a US company that probly gets their stock from China anyway. Igo-L is $12.85 from US company + $5.00 SH from fast tech 5 or more $6.00ea out the door free shipping. What I won't buy is E-Liquid, Flavoring, or Base from China. Now if it is made in the US and I see a clone from China... I would by the US version every time.

I have bought both and the only reason I like the clones over a real deal mod is simply this. I can buy all the clones I want and only have spent enough to purchase 2 real deal mods. That to me is ridiculous. I'm not saying that there is no value to craftsmanship, but really $250 for a mod that isn't exclusive to 100 pieces or less? Nah I'm good. The clones recently have been outperforming the real deal mods anyway... So why would I spend more money for subpar performance if the $20 copy does the same thing? And I agree that the logo's should NOT be used on the clones. That is just plain out stealing. But seriously if I had a lathe I would just "clone" the mods I want. It's not hard to find the specs for them online, and with some time and patience I don't see why you couldn't make a nemesis or a diablo or a I hybrid mod.

I have bought both and the only reason I like the clones over a real deal mod is simply this. I can buy all the clones I want and only have spent enough to purchase 2 real deal mods. That to me is ridiculous. I'm not saying that there is no value to craftsmanship, but really $250 for a mod that isn't exclusive to 100 pieces or less? Nah I'm good. The clones recently have been outperforming the real deal mods anyway... So why would I spend more money for subpar performance if the $20 copy does the same thing? And I agree that the logo's should NOT be used on the clones. That is just plain out stealing. But seriously if I had a lathe I would just "clone" the mods I want. It's not hard to find the specs for them online, and with some time and patience I don't see why you couldn't make a nemesis or a diablo or a I hybrid mod.

I agree with Medic about getting the clones when they are about 1/10th the price of the original. Hubby got a Nemisis clone. Except he didn't tell me it was a clone. Medic did, when I said he got it off DV, and how much he paid for it, as opposed to what I see now runs for $189 USD. Yeah, um, no, hubby wouldn't be getting a mod for $189 when Better Vapes in Jerseyville said they'd discount a Natural for him down to $50 (yeah, I know you can get from DV for $42, but most other places online it's at least over $50, and at Better Vapes it's listed at $65, he was going to give hubby a "good customer" discount because we are always in there).

I definitely see where you guys are coming from. I agree as well, but for me myself, I would rather pay the middle man. We all need to eat. I'm not saying don't buy clones. Clones are kicking serious butt. Anyways, back to the original topic of the thread. I have only purchased one RDA, and don't think I will need another. I have heard great things about the Nimbus and Trident. If I were a big dripper, I would most certainly purchase the Trident.

Then I see stuff like this, and I cannot blame you for wanting to order it direct from China. Such a shame.

http://www.vipervaporla.com/collections/mod/products/chi-you-clone

"Performance is arguably better than the original!" ........ smh. Like that is a reason to charge such a price. Crooks.

Then I see stuff like this, and I cannot blame you for wanting to order it direct from China. Such a shame.

http://www.vipervaporla.com/collections/mod/products/chi-you-clone

"Performance is arguably better than the original!" ........ smh. Like that is a reason to charge such a price. Crooks.

On Fast Tech the Chi-you clone is $27.00 that is big difference from $138 they show. That is $111.00 mark up

Edited by Compenstine

Here's the newest RDA from Youde. It looks like someone finally got smart and decided to make an RDA with a contoured cap that should be easier to remove.It's dual-coil, too.

It seems they're a little hard to come by now (out of stock most places), but I found one on eBay for $24.99 shipped.

766888.jpg

Click here for the skinny.

Edited by Rixter

Here's the newest RDA from Youde. It looks like someone finally got smart and decided to make an RDA with a contoured cap that should be easier to remove.It's dual-coil, too.

766888.jpg

Click here for the skinny.

I like the looks of that. Wonder when it will be available...?