Checking in from MO!

WickedAngel

Hello! I just wanted to take a minute and give a short intro. I'm Michelle, from Missouri (St. Louis Area). I started vaping on October 1st and have been smoke free!

I started with a Kanger Mini Pro and eGo 1100mAh. Been doing good, although I seem to be having some difficulty with coils burning out quickly. After 3 days on a new coil, my juice changes color after just a few pulls (kind of burnt looking). Still getting vapor from it, but can barely taste the original flavor. Any tips?

Welcome. :)

Do you have original Kangor coils or are they knock offs? What ohms are they? What kind of juice are you using (nic level, PG/VG percentage)? With this extra information it'll be easier to figure things out. :)

This first Kanger coil lasted about 2 1/2 weeks or so. I wasn't sure the coil was burnt, other than the fact it wasn't working as well as it had been. Changed to the second Kanger coil, and it was great for maybe 5 days. Again I wasn't sure what was going on, so I took it in to a local shop and they said the coil was burnt. So I got a new coil, 2.5 ohms. I'm not sure what percentage the juice is, but its 18 on the nic. I also just got a bunch of new 1.8 Kanger coils that I haven't tried yet.

I'm still new to this and don't know much, which is why I came here to learn more from others! I don't even know the difference between atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers. I just know that the manager from the local shop told me the bottom feed tank was better, so I got it!

Recently we've been hearing about Pro Tank coils not working, producing burnt flavor, burning out quickly...when we check further it's because the coils aren't genuine but knock offs. That's why I was asking.

A week or more on a coil is pretty good if you're using it all the time.

Kangor Pro Tanks are good bottom feeders. The Pro Tank 2 is even better than that. Looks like you've got a pretty good set up for your first time out. :)

Edited by Tameiki

The juice is 60pg 40vg. I think part of my problem may be that due the flavor I'm using it way too much. The first week or more I was on a tobacco flavor, with the sweet flavors I notice I'm using it more, causing the coil to heat up. (Its getting warm to the touch from the outside) I'm going to pop in a new coil and try to not use it non-stop for long periods of time, see where that gets me!

Your best bet is to get another battery or two as well as more tanks/clearomizers, etc. and rotate throughout the day. This will also allow you to continue to keep tasting your juice. If you vape one juice for too long you'll no longer be able to taste it after awhile. If you switch from several very different tasting juices you won't have this problem. :)

Hi WickedAngel

Dont forget to clean the top of your battery and the connecting threads often too.

Dirty connections, dried juice on the battery and so forth can diminish the clean contact and one of the by-products of that can be overheated coil and excessive heat in the tank.

Keep 'em clean