EC Blends Dragons Delight Problems

Okay so I ordered this as a sampler and liked it so much I got the 30ml bottle. I've been vaping it in my Proton with a 1.8ohm coil on high voltage. It tastes very bad by about the 3rd hit. On medium I'll get a couple more before it tastes bad. It's not necessarily burnt like you get with a coil that is just gone bad but a very bad taste-borderline burnt. What should I do? I don't remember what coil I was using with the sampler. Should I bump it up to a 2.2ohm coil?

Also, has anyone noticed a lack in vapor and throat hit in the dragon series or dragons delight more specifically? I ordered the rest from them in 60/40 just like Dragons Delight and it seems to have less of both than the other ones. Or could this be a side effect of using the wrong coil?

I'd say it's a side effect of a bad coil. What kind of battery are you using on this?

All of my Dragon series juices are at either 50/50 or 60 PG/40 VG and I get huge clouds of vapor in my drip atomizers and/or mini Davides with either a 2.2 ohm or 1.8 ohm coils. Oh, and I'm using Vision Spinners at around 4.0 - 4.3 volts.

Edited by Tameiki

Well I tried a different coil, same ohm and got the same results. I guess I'll have to try 2.2 or 2.5. Unfortunately I don't have an exact answer what I'm vaping at other than its an ego styled battery with 3 voltage levels. I need to order the kick for my k100...

What voltage level are you using with these coils?

With a 1.8 ohm coil I'd be using the lowest voltage (3.3 - 3.8 volts) for the Dragon series/fruit. When I vape fruit flavors it wants a cooler hit. Anything higher and I get a burnt taste. Of course, your experience could be different.

Edited by Tameiki

Vaping Dragons Tear right now 1.8ohm at 7 watts in 50-50 and huge vapor. I have never tried Dragons Breath so not sure if it's all they different.

Nope, not all that different other than a mint flavor added to the Dragon series. Dragon's Tear, Blood, Crown, Breath, Brew, Delight, Dream... all vape the same with me. HUGE clouds of vapor and flavor. The next one I want to try is Dragon's Magic. That's Dragon's Cream with ambrosia. It sounds heavenly. :)

i have been able to use my K100 without a kick using just a silver metal type carto, and driping. I do not take large hits though. I have experimented with it and know when to let off the power button. I have vaped the dragon blood this way from Ec Blends. Not sure if the carto is 1.8 or 2.5 as I ordered a couple of these months ago ! of the cartridges is very long barreled. I do not have any dragon delight though or I would try it to see if it taste burned, I have dragon apple and couple others. I think Vaportekusa has a kick on sale right now

Okay so I ordered this as a sampler and liked it so much I got the 30ml bottle. I've been vaping it in my Proton with a 1.8ohm coil on high voltage. It tastes very bad by about the 3rd hit. On medium I'll get a couple more before it tastes bad. It's not necessarily burnt like you get with a coil that is just gone bad but a very bad taste-borderline burnt. What should I do? I don't remember what coil I was using with the sampler. Should I bump it up to a 2.2ohm coil?

Man I totally agree.. what a waste..

Man I totally agree.. what a waste..

Huh? Same thing happen to your or something? Thanks for the replies. I'll try a different ohm coil later. What are the chances of it being a bad batch?

Edited by Grant951

Huh? Same thing happen to your or something? Thanks for the replies. I'll try a different ohm coil later. What are the chances of it being a bad batch?

I wouldn't think there would be a bad batch from ECblends they are always so consistent, but I guess anything is possible. I was told by, Rixter, I believe that if a juice tastes burned at a certain voltage level at 1.8ohms changing to a 2.2ohm coil will not change the burned taste at all. I had the same problem with a flavor and it turned out I was just at too high a voltage for that liquid, not the coil.

I now vape about everything with 1.8ohm coils (that almost always read 2.0-2.1 on my Vamo) at 7 watts and outside the very rare dry hit it is very satisfying and I believe it converts to about 3.5-3.6v.

After reading everything I would investigate the voltage output of your battery. I have never seen a battery that has 3 voltage levels, low, medium, and high I assume?

Because EC Blends only mixes a juice after it's ordered there is no such thing as a "bad batch". The burned taste wouldn't be coming from a juice in any case, it's got to be the voltage level like B said.

Well guys I think I found the problem. I bought 5 coils from a B&M and upon close examination they are knock off coils. They all made all my juice taste bad. I remembered I had an extra coil I got with my Protank 2 the other day and tried it (1.8) like the other ones supposedly are (he said he thought that's what they were so who knows) and it tasted amazing! I literally went through and tried every coil with it and they all tasted the same. I also tried 2 of them with my raspberry and I was getting the same taste. So disappointed in him...

Well guys I think I found the problem. I bought 5 coils from a B&M and upon close examination they are knock off coils. They all made all my juice taste bad. I remembered I had an extra coil I got with my Protank 2 the other day and tried it (1.8) like the other ones supposedly are (he said he thought that's what they were so who knows) and it tasted amazing! I literally went through and tried every coil with it and they all tasted the same. I also tried 2 of them with my raspberry and I was getting the same taste. So disappointed in him...

Another reason the only thing I will buy from the local B&M, even the one I like a lot, is liquid. The hardware is overpriced and usually knockoffs when they can get away with it. At least that has been my experience. I order a bunch at a time. Right now I have (8) 5packs of 1.8s, (5) 5 packs of 2.2s and (2) 5 packs of 2.5s including the great deal I got in Classifieds last night (5 pack for $4).

Another reason the only thing I will buy from the local B&M, even the one I like a lot, is liquid. The hardware is overpriced and usually knockoffs when they can get away with it. At least that has been my experience. I order a bunch at a time. Right now I have (8) 5packs of 1.8s, (5) 5 packs of 2.2s and (2) 5 packs of 2.5s including the great deal I got in Classifieds last night (5 pack for $4).

Luckily for me, my local B&M is a licensed Joytech supplier and can only sell the brand names, no knock offs, and his prices are pretty comparable with online stores if you add in the s&h charges. It's nice not to have to wait for it in the mail as well as supporting the local stores. I won't buy his juices, though, with the exception of one flavor. A 10 ml bottle costs $11.99 and is at a fixed 70 VG/30 PG. Ugh.

At my B&M that I like (out of the 5 that have "sprung up") their liquids are good and quite reasonable. $10 for 15ml and $14 for 30. My only problems are they only offer 65pg-35vg and not customizable. Also it only comes in 0-6-12-24mg nic and I use 18 lol, but they say they are going to start getting 18s and until then they sell me a 15ml of 12 and a 15ml of 24 and give me a fresh empty 30ml bottle to mix them together in so I make it 18mg. Not too bad, and the guys know their stuff.

Nope, not all that different other than a mint flavor added to the Dragon series. Dragon's Tear, Blood, Crown, Breath, Brew, Delight, Dream... all vape the same with me. HUGE clouds of vapor and flavor. The next one I want to try is Dragon's Magic. That's Dragon's Cream with ambrosia. It sounds heavenly. :)

Yes it does. Please let me know how it is when you try it. Sounds like a flavor I would love.

Yeah I am moving strictly to online sales now with the exception of a couple flavors of juice I enjoy from the other b&m that sells legit stuff. I enjoy talking to the lady there, she doesn't know too much about e cogs but she's really nice lol.