AW IMR vs E-Fest 18650s

I sort of did a non scientific study over the last 30 days switching between my these two batteries in my Vamo and the AW lasted on average around 3 hours longer than the E-fest. There are variables that make it imperfect as far as exact times like changing wattage, times I vape more vs vape less, weekends vs weekdays, activities I am doing like driving and chain vaping vs being at a school function for hours where I hardly vape if at all etc...

All that considered I definitely feel the AW is a better battery than e-fest with regards to how long they last.

Just sharing.

Edited by bcartervol98

Did you vape both batteries the same volts/watts and at the same with both batteries? Was the batteries under the same conditions? Without doing a "same situation" test to each battery, then I think this thread is pointless and bias. Both my efast and AW IMR batteries both run the same (more or less) the same depending on what ohms I'm running. I can run both batteries at a rest @ 2.0ohms and it will for sure last longer then running the batteries @ .3 ohms.

Did you vape both batteries the same volts/watts and at the same with both batteries? Was the batteries under the same conditions? Without doing a "same situation" test to each battery, then I think this thread is pointless and bias. Both my efast and AW IMR batteries both run the same (more or less) the same depending on what ohms I'm running. I can run both batteries at a rest @ 2.0ohms and it will for sure last longer then running the batteries @ .3 ohms.

Did you read my post or just the first sentence?

Pointless and Bias....good morning to you too.

I myself prefer the AW (and some brands recommend AW over E-fest), but as both of my children did science fair projects on battery life in two different brands, the only way to REALLY know if your assumptions are correct is to run the conditions identically for both types of batteries, ie same vape time, same wattage/power/resistance, etc. What we did with our science experiment was take a regular battery controlled remote controlled car, and simply set it up with the child in question running the car around in a tight circle until the battery died. The first time we attempted the experiment, it was how you would normally use an RC car, but we got WILDLY different results, so we did the more reliable identical circumstance instead, and got more consistent results between the battery types.

Also, did both types of batteries have the same mah rating? I know at least 18650's, you can get with a couple different mah ratings.

Did you read my post or just the first sentence?

Pointless and Bias....good morning to you too.

Read the whole thing twice to make sure I was reading it right. If it wasn't a "non scientific study" then why even post your " non scientific study" of both batteries and calling one battery better then the other with out any other facts? Bias.....Yes. Morning to you to kind sir.

Edited by haynchinook334

I myself prefer the AW (and some brands recommend AW over E-fest), but as both of my children did science fair projects on battery life in two different brands, the only way to REALLY know if your assumptions are correct is to run the conditions identically for both types of batteries, ie same vape time, same wattage/power/resistance, etc. What we did with our science experiment was take a regular battery controlled remote controlled car, and simply set it up with the child in question running the car around in a tight circle until the battery died. The first time we attempted the experiment, it was how you would normally use an RC car, but we got WILDLY different results, so we did the more reliable identical circumstance instead, and got more consistent results between the battery types.

Also, did both types of batteries have the same mah rating? I know at least 18650's, you can get with a couple different mah ratings.

Yes both are 2000mah and, as i said in the post apparently no one read beyond the first sentence, it is under imperfect circumstances and not exact in nature, but cycling through 4 batteries, 2 E-Fest and 2 AW IMR and recording the times they are put in and the times read "Low V" at 3.3v in my Vamo, there is definitely a difference. There is variance like anything given circumstances but at a little over 3 hours one can deduce the AW lasted longer because the average life was around 29 hours for the AW and around 25.5 for the E-Fest. That is too much variance to not be a true statement, the only question would be in a completely controlled study with a sufficient sample size what would the actual average time difference be?

Thanks for your info, always from the nice side of the street. Better response than I would have. And always a pleasure to have you onboard. Must be really hArd to live in Hawaii and still be a .........

Edited by Aquatroy

Read the whole thing twice to make sure I was reading it right. Bias.....Yes. Morning to you to kind sir.

Welcome to the forum. Just not used to that sort of judgmental type post here as to call someones admittedly non scientific study and thread "Pointless and Biased" as most people here you will find are more kind and tactful in the way they say things. Especially for a 20th post in a forum with a fairly tight group that are respectful of one another.

If you like to be judgmental and , well, just plain rude ECF is --------------------------> that way

Thanks for your info, always from the nice side of the street. Better response than I would have. And always a pleasure to have you onboard. Must be really hArd to live in Hawaii and still be a .........

I deal with assholes in person all day at work, makes being nice on an internet forum quite easy.

As they would say from my area, "He ain't from around here is he?"

LOL

Welcome to the forum. Just not used to that sort of judgmental type post here as to call someones admittedly non scientific study and thread "Pointless and Biased" as most people here you will find are more kind and tactful in the way they say things. Especially for a 20th post in a forum with a fairly tight group that are respectful of one another.

If you like to be judgmental and , well, just plain rude ECF is --------------------------> that way

Love this kinda of thing. Just because I have 20 post and stuff. "I'm a noob" haha!!!!

Let put all that to the side right quick. I'm new to the forum, but not to vaping. You can have your tight group of people here, that's how it is and it will always be like that. Just because I called you out on one thing doesn't mean your input isn't heard on my end. Maybe you are right, BUT, without any other proof of your "so called study", it gives me the impression that you are bias to a certain batterty.

AW batteries are sourced from A cells, which give consistent performance. Andrew Wan ensures only the best. His batteries are rated #1 in the flashlight industry.

It's really not that hard to be a.............

Just stupid people make it so easy.

I deal with assholes in person all day at work, makes being nice on an internet forum quite easy.

As they would say from my area, "He ain't from around here is he?"

LOL

Of course I'm not "from round here". 1000+ post and still posting dumbass "studies"? Right on.

AW batteries are sourced from A cells, which give consistent performance. Andrew Wan ensures only the best. His batteries are rated #1 in the flashlight industry.

Not a battery expert nor do I know what "A Cells" are vs what is in the E-Fest. I just thought I was noticing since I got my first APV after months of using Vision Spinners that the AWs were lasting longer so I did my little test. It was controlled as I can get running the business I run, being a Scout leader, and having a very busy life lol.

Love this kinda of thing. Just because I have 20 post and stuff. "I'm a noob" haha!!!!

Let put all that to the side right quick. I'm new to the forum, but not to vaping. You can have your tight group of people here, that's how it is and it will always be like that. Just because I called you out on one thing doesn't mean your input isn't heard on my end. Maybe you are right, BUT, without any other proof of your "so called study", it gives me the impression that you are bias to a certain batterty.

If you love this kinda thing, go back to ECF, we dont.... If you had been around, you would know the car dealer has only started using APV batteries for a couple months, and wasn't stating that he's the expert..like you....yes we're "tight" here, and we have each others back(usually, sometimes you all leave me hanging to fight my own battles) and yes ain't nobody going to trust what you say till you've been here for awhile, so...just point that browser back where you came from......

The cells range from top quality A cells to lower quality and is some cases unusable B and C cells. B and C cells are usually sold in bulk to whoever will buy them, then they slap a label on them.

I'll show you to the children's table haynchinook. Here is a juice box, crayons, and a coloring placemat. Just clean up when you are through.

Now back to our original programming. :D

Wow... this is certainly an 'entertaining' thread to say the least !

I have been using 'AW' batteries in all of my mods for the last couple of years as well. And, I have been very pleased with them... and their performance has been great the entire time. However, I recently picked up 2 of the black 'Orbtronic/10 Amp/High Drain' batteries to try out. All I can say is... WOW! They really last a lot longer than the AW/2000 mAh batts I've been using ! And I don't just mean a 'little bit longer'... I mean they last me a LOT LONGER. (sorry, I don't have the actual numbers for you... but it was certainly a noticeable difference. ) I now only need a single Orbtronic 18650 battery to last me all day long and then some... whereas before I would go thru 2+ AW/2000 mAh batts per day.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Carter, I for one DID read your whole post, I was just relaying my experiences (granted, we were comparing wholly different batteries....the energizer extended life batteries vs. duracell regular coppertops, because they no longer made regular energizers). The thing is, I know you are a pretty consistent vaper, especially since you don't have go to a smoking area to vape at work, so the only really difference would be if you were using different voltage/power settings. That would account for that much difference in time, but if you were using roughly the same settings, then I completely agree with your findings. I think I said in my last post, some manufacturers recommend AW batteries over e-fest in their devices, and they have a reason for that. I know that I've had no reason to question my 2000 mah 18650s, and I vape a lot heavier than you - go through at least 1 1/2 battery charges per day, if not more, when I can actually taste what I'm vaping.

In other words Carter, I trust your results!

Dayvape, where do you get those?

Edited by spydre

For the most part I use efest daily. I have 2 orbtronic's that I use one in awhile in my provari. My main reason is price. I get efest thru coop's for $1.50-3.00 18350/18500/18650. So when I can get 3 for the price of one, an hour or two difference doesn't matter to me. I take 3 devices to work w/ me so run time isn't an issue. I always have extra batteries w/ me anyway.