SVD/Vamo 5/KMax/iTaste MVP

spydre

Okay, so from my previous thread, my Zmax is having problems. It is getting shipped back to Discount Vapors on Friday.

Discount Vapors is no longer carrying any Sigelei Zmax's, and possibly no Sigelei mods, as well. Other online stores, however, still carry the Sigelei's, so I don't know why DV isn't.

So what I have left is this.

Soooo, I started looking around at what they DO have. I KNOW a couple of you are recommending the iTaste, but with no replaceable battery, that leaves me chained to a usb port if I want to vape while it's charging (can it charge off the USB port in my cell phone or Nook charger?).

I don't get a refund, I only get DV credit, so I need to buy from there.

So, I start looking around. There is also the Innokin SVD Express Kit (which isn't actually a kit, but I don't need a kit) - currently out of stock, but I am assured by Christine they are expecting more in stock.

There is the Tesla, which...okay, it wasn't ringing my bells. I don't if it's the fact that it's only an eGo connection (ideally, I want one with both connections as my tanks currently are half and half, and hubby is having trouble with his adapter with his Provari).

Then I get to the Vamo 5. Now, previously, I had rejected Vamo before I bought my Sigelei because the versions I saw didn't have both fittings on it - but this Vamo has both fittings on it, but hubby says there is an issue when you are using a 510 tank - that in order to unscrew your 510 tank, you have to take the collar OFF so that you can grasp the base of your tank and keep from unscrewing the tank from the base. Also, there is Eric's note at the bottom:

Also, this Vamo will have the aame issue with some protanks that the other mods do, the ProTank is sketchy at best with some 510 connections on mods, if you run into any issues either take off the top cap, use an adpater or an airflow controller. This is not warrantied for working specifically with a ProTank.

Um, huh? I've never heard of problems with using the KPT2 with APV's before, other than the issue with the Provari, not being able to tighten it all the way down. As a matter of fact, I SAW that happen in one of Phil Busardi's reviews of the KPT2 - when he compared that, the Davide, and the KPT mini.

But does anyone know what Eric @DV is referring to when he says this, and how do you get around it? Hubby said something about the connector pin not always connecting, but I don't think that's what Eric was referring to, so I'm hoping you guys will know.

The next candidate, I've never even heard of before, but I never scrolled down that far on the page before, either. It is the KSD KMax? Looks to be a more expensive, prettier VMax clone? Granted, it's pretty.....and the prettier ones are even a couple dollars more, and even the cheapest ones are $10 more than the Vamo 5's.

Not even touching the Innoken light saber. Double my budget.

And finally, the iTaste MVP. It's not that I don't like it. I PREFER removable rechargeable batteries, because I don't want to have to have a secondary device to vape from while the iTaste is charging (and I vape like a chimney), or be chained to a USB device while it's charging (speaking of which, in addition to my PC, can I plug it in to say my phone charger's USB port to charge, or my Nook charger's USB port to charge? Except the Nook charger is my husband's, as mine got caught in the reclining sofa and it ate (chewed through) the charging cable, and I ended up pitching the whole thing, and never bothered replacing it, and I'm sure he won't let me use it to charge the APV and vape at the same time, I would imagine it could be dangerous). As for using it to charge other things, I don't think I'd be doing that. Yes, my cell phone charge is important to me, but so is my APV charge.

I wish there were others on the list, but I can't afford to go to other online stores and not take advantage of the $75 + tax credit I would have there.

So I am looking for everyone's experiences with these devices, sturdiness, ease of using tanks, and whether you would recommend them. I would probably get the Sigelei again, if they still had it.

Also, ultimately, it would probably be best if I could find one that would fit a lanyard. Also, any button problems, please tell me.

I would recommend the MVP 2 to anyone. In saying that I will say I had the same questions as you when I bought it. I used to carry an extra ego twist with me. But honestly this lasts; I have started treating it like a cell phone, plugging it in every night. But I can easily go 2-3 days of heavy vaping.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I use the Vamo 3 exclusively. Not sure what others can offer I do not get with it. Works great with either connection, is sturdy and well built, and is super easy to use. If I buy another, it will be another one of these. I checked out a lot at the local stores and other than a few bells and whistles on more expensive units like the Evic, I cannot see what the big difference is other than aesthetic preferences.

Both the Vamo 3 and the SVD are VV/VW and both perform well.

But I still prefer my SVD because it is a little heavier weight making it feel sturdier in my hand. As well there have a few of my tanks that will not attach to my vamo for some unknown reason. For example 2 on my iclear 30's will attach to the vamo but my 3rd one won't

Both the Vamo 3 and the SVD are VV/VW and both perform well.

But I still prefer my SVD because it is a little heavier weight making it feel sturdier in my hand. As well there have a few of my tanks that will not attach to my vamo for some unknown reason. For example 2 on my iclear 30's will attach to the vamo but my 3rd one won't

This cannot be a problem with the Vamo but instead a problem with the Iclear imo. If two connect and one doesn't, it really cannot be the APV, at least I wouldnt think. I carry mine around 24-7, and wouldn't want anything any heavier (Vamo is borderline too heavy). My wife will not even let me get her an APV because of the weight so she still cycles her 650mah bedazzled Ego style batteries with several chargers. All that got old for me, I could make it a week on 4 charged 18650s. Its all a personal choice though.

I've been having issues with my mvp.. I have to raise the post so my tanks fire,been getting burnt taste every single tank.. won't even fire when it's on 3.3 and 6 watts, so turn it to 3.5 v and it's just a small mist of vape.. even my fav all day vape unicorn taste like a wet tire. I got it at vaporleaf I may just return it and exchange it for something else.. hell my vision spinner is putting the mvp to shame.

The biggest problem with any atomizer not being able to fire on a mod is overtightening. New vapers have a tendency to crank down atty's onto their devices. It doesn't even have to be snug, just screw down until you get a little resistance and it's down. The Vamo was very susceptible to pushing the center pin down causing no connectivity, i can imagine most any mod can have this problem.

My opinions regarding the vamo. It is a good starting mod. It's heavy. If you can deal with the 33mhz chipset (rattlesnake sound) great! Personally, i can't stand it. To me it gave an inconsistent vape, due to the pulsing, no matter how fast it happens. I noticed a humongous difference when i went past the Vamo.

If i was purchasing one of the mods you have listed it would be the MVP, it can go all day on a charge, has 510 and ego threads, can vape while charging if needed. MVP 2 has variable wattage and an ohm checking ability as well. All around a solid device.

However if you really want to go with replaceable batteries i would go with the SVD. I progressed from my vamo to the svd. It is capable of all 3 types of batteries as it is telescoping. variable voltage/wattage etc all the same bells and whistles. It is lighter then the vamo as well. It also has the cool distinction of looking like a lightsaber! Can't lose with that!

Enjoy your choice whichever it is.

I think the problem wasn't the cartos or attys I think it's the juice!.. usually I get unicorn blood from fuzion but this local b&m has it .. it really doesnt even taste the same ... Wow

It had the Fuzion label, but the local B&M was selling it? Was it a sealed bottled? Hmmm, maybe the b&m split the contents, watered it down, some. Is it a reputable shop?

My opinions regarding the vamo. It is a good starting mod. It's heavy. If you can deal with the 33mhz chipset (rattlesnake sound) great! Personally, i can't stand it. To me it gave an inconsistent vape, due to the pulsing, no matter how fast it happens. I noticed a humongous difference when i went past the Vamo.

If i was purchasing one of the mods you have listed it would be the MVP, it can go all day on a charge, has 510 and ego threads, can vape while charging if needed. MVP 2 has variable wattage and an ohm checking ability as well. All around a solid device.

GrimmGreen MVP2 Review

Pbusardo MVP2 Review

However if you really want to go with replaceable batteries i would go with the SVD. I progressed from my vamo to the svd. It is capable of all 3 types of batteries as it is telescoping. variable voltage/wattage etc all the same bells and whistles. It is lighter then the vamo as well. It also has the cool distinction of looking like a lightsaber! Can't lose with that!

GriimGreen SVD revisited

Enjoy your choice whichever it is.

Okay, you bring up a couple of questions, Prot. The chipset that the Vamo uses - since I've seen the KMax referred to as essentially a more expensive clone of the Vamo (and you pay for the pretty), I'm assuming the Kmax uses the same thing. But isn't that the same chipset that the Zmaxes use? Could the chipset itself be what is causing the problems?

Does anyone who have a Vamo here use a Pro Tank (original or two) or a full sized Davide? Because there was a notation about the Vamo 5 (as all Vamo models and some other APVs) have with KPTs, but it didn't go into detail, or provide a workaround, and I have, well, FIVE KPT2s.

Frankly, what I would LOVE to do is actually HOLD the prospective models in my hand. While hubby is gone tomorrow, I'll call up the two local stores that I'm not SURE of what they have in stock - Cloud 9 and the new one I haven't visited yet - and see what they have in stock other than the MVP 2 (although I THINK Cloud 9 may only have the MVP 1 in stock, but it will feel the same) and the other, but I think they have the Smoketek SID in stock (which I almost ended up getting instead of the Sigelei) and the MVP2, but I don't THINK they have the Innoken SVD in stock.

Frankly, I'm pretty split between the SVD and the MVP, but I will need to know how the MVP feels in my hand, frankly, because sometimes I have issues in my hands. That and, well, since the batteries can't be replaced, the MVP's basically die when the batteries reach the end of their life, which I've heard can be as short as a year and half. With the MVP, even though it's better for a battery to be completely discharged (or discharged to the point where it can no longer be used) frequently, what I believe I'm going to have to do is set it up to charge every night, and use one of my original eGo 900 mah stick batteries when I go upstairs before I go to sleep, and when I get up in the middle of the night, and when I get up before I get downstairs, if I went the MVP route.

If I go with the SVD, is there a lanyard that would fit with that? I know NOW that a Provari lanyard would have fit my Sigelei, but what about the SVD?

Oh, and I'm sure I'll still be researching all weekend. It will take until at least Monday or Tuesday for DV to get my package, and she didn't say how long it would be before Eric would be able to test it (and it would require consistent use for a bit, just firing it up for five minutes won't necessarily bring out the problems).

Edited by spydre

I'm sad now. I shipped my Zmax back Saturday, and going back to the plain eGo stick batteries BITES after vaping everthing at 7 watts. At this point, unless they can't reproduce my problem with the Zmax - since I don't know how long Eric is going to recreate the problem - I'll end up going with what they have in stock. In other words, if they don't have the SVD in stock yet, I'll go with the MVP. The last shop owher, with a wealth of knowledge, gave them both about equal marks, I was just leaningn toward the SVD because of the non built ij batteries -the fact that I have three fully chaged 18650s leaned in that favor, too - plus, when the MPVs batteries go, you hage to chuck the whole unit.

But I've definitely learned one lesson in this. Always have at least a VV back up device. Once Deceember is over, I'm sure I'll be picking up some spinners or twists, just in case.

Okay, you bring up a couple of questions, Prot. The chipset that the Vamo uses - since I've seen the KMax referred to as essentially a more expensive clone of the Vamo (and you pay for the pretty), I'm assuming the Kmax uses the same thing. But isn't that the same chipset that the Zmaxes use? Could the chipset itself be what is causing the problems?

Does anyone who have a Vamo here use a Pro Tank (original or two) or a full sized Davide? Because there was a notation about the Vamo 5 (as all Vamo models and some other APVs) have with KPTs, but it didn't go into detail, or provide a workaround, and I have, well, FIVE KPT2s.

Frankly, what I would LOVE to do is actually HOLD the prospective models in my hand. While hubby is gone tomorrow, I'll call up the two local stores that I'm not SURE of what they have in stock - Cloud 9 and the new one I haven't visited yet - and see what they have in stock other than the MVP 2 (although I THINK Cloud 9 may only have the MVP 1 in stock, but it will feel the same) and the other, but I think they have the Smoketek SID in stock (which I almost ended up getting instead of the Sigelei) and the MVP2, but I don't THINK they have the Innoken SVD in stock.

Frankly, I'm pretty split between the SVD and the MVP, but I will need to know how the MVP feels in my hand, frankly, because sometimes I have issues in my hands. That and, well, since the batteries can't be replaced, the MVP's basically die when the batteries reach the end of their life, which I've heard can be as short as a year and half. With the MVP, even though it's better for a battery to be completely discharged (or discharged to the point where it can no longer be used) frequently, what I believe I'm going to have to do is set it up to charge every night, and use one of my original eGo 900 mah stick batteries when I go upstairs before I go to sleep, and when I get up in the middle of the night, and when I get up before I get downstairs, if I went the MVP route.

If I go with the SVD, is there a lanyard that would fit with that? I know NOW that a Provari lanyard would have fit my Sigelei, but what about the SVD?

Oh, and I'm sure I'll still be researching all weekend. It will take until at least Monday or Tuesday for DV to get my package, and she didn't say how long it would be before Eric would be able to test it (and it would require consistent use for a bit, just firing it up for five minutes won't necessarily bring out the problems).

The chipset is essentially the brain of the PV. It is the regulation for the entire system, the menu etc etc. The chipset that is used in all those mods you mentioned is the 33mhz chip. Called that because that is the frequency that the chipset regulates its voltage on. It is also the cause of the rattle snake sound when you hit the fire button. That is the power pulsing on/off to regulate itself to the power you selected.

As far as KPT's they should fit any device as they are a standard 510 connection. The key with any device not just ones mentioned here is how you attach devices to it. Screw down until you just barely get some resistance and stop, it does not need to be snug. Some devices have a deeper 510 then others. What will sit flush on one mod probably will not do so on another. If you overtighten a device it has the possibility of pushing your 510 connection pin down and causing what some will call a problem with their atomoizers not working on one mod or another. Common occurence with people new to vaping.

As far as the MVP goes. It depends if having an ohms checking is important to you as to whether you need MVP 2 or can suffice with 1.5. Only difference between 1-1.5 is the ego cone threading, 1.0 does not have that. MVP 2 has variable wattage and an ohm checking capability. MVP2 fire button takes a little bit of oomph to push, just shy of 2lbs of pressure.

I agree with you that you should try to hold the mods in your hands before purchase just to see what works for you and is comfortable.

Proteus, what about the whole "life cycle" of the MVP models? I mean, I GET that there will be newer and better APV models out there by the time 2015 hits, which is when I've been told that is the typical battery life for an MVP - about a year and a half before you have to pitch the whole thing, rather than just being able to replace your battery supply.

And the whole mutli-button thing, I think on both of them, how does that work? My Zmax was one button, and I'm pretty sure hubby's Provari is as well, but infinitely more complicated.

Truthfully, I just wish they were giving a refund to my credit card. Then I go could go to another vendor if I wanted, and not be limited by what they have. But they won't. I've asked.

If I had to get an MPV, I would prefer the newest one....I can't remember the name of it, but it doesn't have a built in battery, it takes 18650s.

Okay, don't laugh, this is stupid, but for me, for right now? The one advantage to the MPV 2? (total geek here).

It cut my post off!

Dangit, it did it again, I tried to link a tardis mvp holder.

Edited by spydre

Which brings me to my next question, ADMINS, I know we are allowed to put links in our posts, so why would it cut this link out? Or rather, but the post off AT the link for vegasbindery.com?

Proteus, what about the whole "life cycle" of the MVP models? I mean, I GET that there will be newer and better APV models out there by the time 2015 hits, which is when I've been told that is the typical battery life for an MVP - about a year and a half before you have to pitch the whole thing, rather than just being able to replace your battery supply.

And the whole mutli-button thing, I think on both of them, how does that work? My Zmax was one button, and I'm pretty sure hubby's Provari is as well, but infinitely more complicated.

Truthfully, I just wish they were giving a refund to my credit card. Then I go could go to another vendor if I wanted, and not be limited by what they have. But they won't. I've asked.

If I had to get an MPV, I would prefer the newest one....I can't remember the name of it, but it doesn't have a built in battery, it takes 18650s.

Okay, don't laugh, this is stupid, but for me, for right now? The one advantage to the MPV 2? (total geek here).

It cut my post off!

Dangit, it did it again, I tried to link a tardis mvp holder.

your talking about the innoken VTR that takes 18650 batteries but still provides the feel of the MVP, while looking more like a billet box without the atty actually being inside the mod.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin_iTaste_VTR_p/ink-vtr.htm

the billet box looks like this:

http://billetboxvapor.mybigcommerce.com/billetbox/

The VTR is odd in that only certain tanks will fit inside the hole. iClear's, i'm pretty sure KPT2's fit also. I also don't care for the rheostat that they use to change voltage/wattage. Just looks like a poor implementation from my point of view. And really no electronics?

Edited by Proetus

I do agree that the VTR is kinda odd, and I thought it odd that they went back to dials.

Hubby wants me to get the MVP. He thinks the button issue may be related to flat buttons on rounded surfaces, so flat buttons on flat surfaces shouldn't be a problem. I contend that the button issue, from what I've seen, is based on how it interacts with the circuit board, at least I know that was the issue with both ZMaxes from what I read

Another question I have - for charging - that's what the USB port is for right? You are supposed to plug it into your PC's USB port to charge? But I thought doing that was dangerous because there is no over-charge protection that way? Hubby thinks I should just plug it in to charge overnight, that the little bit I vape upstairs would be "no big deal" on the eGo. But that means plugging in the MVP to charge on a USB port overnight, unattended, when it's not even run down all the way, and I'm not sure I like the thought of that.

Anyway, I THINK that's the last of my questions on the subject, but I'll let you know if I have more....I'm just still not convinced - I guess I need to feel the thing in my hand....which is why I'm going to have my dad take me Cloud 9 some day this week (plus, I will sneakily get him into a vape shop, maybe he'll be interested enough).

Oh, okay, yeah, one last question - other than Discount Vapers and Fasttech, what websites do you guys look at for hardware? Specifically like APVs? I tried looking around Fasttech, and really did not get anywhere.

I purchase my mods through coops or classifieds i don't do retail :)

The mvp charges with a micro usb cable. The usb port you see on the bottom is for charging something else like a cell phone. Silly Innoken.

Edited by Proetus