Mixing flavors

Ok so, at the shop I go to DFW Vapors, one of the sales guy was telling me he mixed flavors. Since then I've been think of doing the same. My questions is

Is it safe to do?

Do you double up the nicotine if you mix lets say two flavors of 8ml of nicotine? Does it go to 16ml of nicotine?

Last question, any recommendations on what flavors to mix?

Sorry if the questions seem very dumb, I've only been vaping for two weeks.

Never a dumb question, just dummies that don't ask questions....lol

Mixing is fun, no you won't double, if you add 8mg to 8mg, but you can even add a zero nic to a high nic to lower nic levels....

Tobacco and caramel, strawberry and banana, fruits and creams, it's all what tastes good to you....

Just mix in small amounts cuz some mixes don't work out, and don't want to waste a bunch of juice

Propylene Glycol & Vegetable Glycerin

Palm Beach Vapors (Main St. in The Colony, TX) is the only place locally I've found 50/50.

Search the forum though too, there are quite a few online vendors that have really good stuff and there's a ton of info and good folks on here to help you out.

A few that are getting really good reviews right now are:

fuzionvapers.com

vapedudes.com

IMedic (look for his thread in the classifieds.

My first mix was adding french vanilla tobacco to the local 618 blend. Then I started adding my honey wood to the Turkish honey tobacco that I got and then found too harsh. They meshed together perfectly. I hadn't been doing that for about the last month, but the honey wood lately has been a bit too, um almost acidic for me, so I'm blending them again and it's just about perfect. But now, the last day and half, the only other thing that's tasted right has been French Vanilla Tobacco.

My advice would be to see if you like making your own liquid first.

Start by going to Walmart and pick up a bottle of VG and an eye-dropper (both sold in the pharmacy section). Next, go to the local crafts store, and pick up a couple LorAnn's flavors (found in the bakery section...watermelon and strawberry seem to be the best starter ones).

Hopefully, you have a couple 10ml bottles laying around. Because, when you get home from your shopping trip, find a juice calculator (either online, or find an app), and mix up a couple bottles of 0 nic liquid. Flavor should be 15% of the total mix.

In all honesty, this route is much cheaper and more convenient than going to some online vendor for a custom blend, only to pay close to full market price plus shipping, and waiting a week to see if your blend even tastes ok, or needs adjustment.

If you like DIY, then you can get a good starter kit that contains everything you need to get up and running at One Stop DIY Shop online for around $30 shipped. Add $10 for the nicer kit, and a few more bucks for an extra bottle of PG or VG. At that point, you'll have enough supplies to keep you going for a couple months.

Propylene Glycol & Vegetable Glycerin

Palm Beach Vapors (Main St. in The Colony, TX) is the only place locally I've found 50/50.

Search the forum though too, there are quite a few online vendors that have really good stuff and there's a ton of info and good folks on here to help you out.

A few that are getting really good reviews right now are:

fuzionvapers.com

vapedudes.com

IMedic (look for his thread in the classifieds.

Funny thing. Better Vapes, the online shop that opened a storefront in Jerseyville, stocks their juices normally at 50/50, unless you request a different ratio, and then they will mix it up for you. But 3D, which orders MOST of their juice from Better Vapes, custom orders it for 60/40.

My advice would be to see if you like making your own liquid first.

Start by going to Walmart and pick up a bottle of VG and an eye-dropper (both sold in the pharmacy section). Next, go to the local crafts store, and pick up a couple LorAnn's flavors (found in the bakery section...watermelon and strawberry seem to be the best starter ones).

I believe you can pick up LorAnn's in the WalMart craft section, but like Aqua said, the OP is still REALLY new to this to start thinking about DIY.

Yeah I found that most online shops let you mix and as far as the local store I go to don't. There's still two stores I have to try and I know one for sure does the 50/50 mix. Might also try purchasing some online. I've heard unicorns blood is great.

Steve, are you sure about that advice? A little premature I think, Kfer still has a lot to learn before they take that step (no offense meant OP) but until he learns ratios and nic % and basic knowledge of ingredients, that's a big step..

Go slow and learn well grasshopper.......

Well, I am not exactly condoning he start mixing nic ratios right away, lol!!! Yes, he may have a lot to learn. True that he probably needs to find his nic strength before mixing nic.

However, there is no harm in showing someone how to save $$$ and avoid what I've experienced and seen people go through when ordering from a custom-mix vendor. And, there most certainly isn't any harm in doing a 0mg nic experiment.

Maybe giving advice on where to get a full-blown DIY setup could be considered a tad extreme. If the OP feels ready to do so, is confident in experimenting, and has backup juice to vape in the event of a failed experiment, then he's just been handed the keys to the kingdom.

Put simply, if someone had told me about DIY when I started vaping, I'd not have wasted so much money on single-flavor juices. Nor would I have wasted a bunch of time AND money on custom-mix blends that turned out like @$$.

Just my .02