Weird leaking/gurgling/flooding (?)

spydre

Okay, I've not noticed this with my other KPT's, but I've noticed this two nights in a row on this one because I've been vaping my honey wood/turkish honey two evenings in a row when the tank level got low. Both times, it started gurgling - to the point that juice splashed up through the vape tube on my lip, I unscrewed the tank, and there was juice in the drip well, and when I would blow down from the drip tip, holding the tank over a paper towel, juice would come out for a short time. Don't know what the deal is.....but when I fill the tank, the problems go away. Anyone have any info/experience with this?

Okay, lotsa people looked at this, no one replied. Really? No one has any thoughts, any questions?

This is the only KPT2 that this is happening with. I've gotten all of them down that low (just below half a tank), and this is the only one doing it, and it just started the other day.

I'm wondering if it isn't an 0-ring issue. My assumption is that while there is plenty of pressure from the liquid in the tank prior to the halfway point, at that point, there's more air pressure (and yes, now it's happening at about the halfway point). Up until the halfway point, I have no problems with it at all.

I don't have down the date of my last coil change, but it was sometime since the 11th....it was a Tuesday, I think, the following week, because it was when we took my son to the ER. I took this tank with me, but when I grabbed juice to refill it, I grabbed the wrong flavor, so I ended up having to empty the tank, and when I rinsed the coil, it still didn't taste right, so I pitched the coil and put a fresh one in.

I didnt reply because I have never had or heard of this happening with the KPT2. It sounds like its possible you lost the Oring when you cleaned it. I use my KPT2 on weekends on the lake and keep it filled with my "drinking flavor" but it has been just as reliable as the Davide Minis as far as never flooding or gurgling. The only exception was when I tried to use the coils that came with the units.

Well, okay, I finally got tired of dealing with this leaking when it's halfway down thing, and opened it up to transfer to another tank, because I got another smaller tank I could put the flavor in the other tank into. Cleaned it out, double checked all the o-rings and they are still there. I was thinking of slightly filling the tank and letting it sit to see if it would leak, but it only seems to gurgle/flood/leak when I'm using it.

I don't have down the date of my last coil change, but it was sometime since the 11th....it was a Tuesday, I think, the following week, because it was when we took my son to the ER. I took this tank with me, but when I grabbed juice to refill it, I grabbed the wrong flavor, so I ended up having to empty the tank, and when I rinsed the coil, it still didn't taste right, so I pitched the coil and put a fresh one in.

So you haven't tried a different coil since the 11th? If you have changed it and it is still leaking, there is only one answer. The tank is possessed! Light some candles, say a small prayer and bury it in a shallow grave. This is the best answer I can come up with.

You need to change the coil.that should be the fir st thing you check lol

Becha its fried.

But if it was fried, why was it operating fine on the first half of the tank....multiple times, but only get flooding and leaking when the tank level dropped below a certain point?

Shoot, Christie, I thought I posted this before you posted, but I never hit the post button. Well, the other day, I emptied the tank out, switched the coil just in case, and put some Papa Smurf in it. Below the level that it usually starts gurgling and spitting and leaking. So far, none of that, even though I only vaped it for about 15 minutes. I guess it was the coil after all (this was, I guess Saturday night?), even though it did none of those things when the tank was above half full.