The down side of properly steeped juice...

Havamal

Being a noobie one of the first things I came across on here, that I was not doing was steeping my juice.

Now that I have steeped some juice all I can say is... WOW what a difference!

The down side is that I am going to run out of juice before my batch that is steeping is done! :crybaby:

lol... I guess I need to take a closer look at the procedure for "Speed Steeping"!

Place bottle of juice into a ziplock baggie (this is so the label doesn't get wet, if you don't care about that, skip the baggie), get as much air out and seal. Place into a bowl of hot water (not boiling). Let sit until water cools. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary until your juice is where you want it to be. Check the juice periodically to see if it's the flavor you want/expect -- this is where direct dripping comes in handy. :)

Thanks Tam!

I have some of Medics coming next week... but I am going to have to p/u some from my local B&M to hold me over, it is hit and miss with them, some times it is good straight away, sometimes it needs to steep for a while. Going to have to try the speed steep tomorrow. :yes

I'm seeing a lot of talk on these forums about steeping juice. There must be something that many get out of it. We've never had to steep any of our juice, and personally i've found it tastes best when it's fresh!

We do steeping when we want something special out of the juice. For example. We are releasing a limited number of viles of a new blend called "Heisenberg" It is supposed to mimmick the "Blue Stuff" from the show Breaking Bad.

It is UV reactive when sunlight hits it through a glass tank or dripper! In order for us to get the color and taste out of the juice, steeping was indeed necessary. A work of art TBH being that no coloring is ever added to the juice made at this shop.

Otherwise i've never had to let my juice steep. Vape On!

I am experimenting with steeping again with my ECblends "Dragons Tear" for Vape Night", but as I have said many times, I have never noticed any improvement or difference between steeping and not steeping in anything but one tobacco flavor that I havent used in months and donated to a military vaping group that ships unwanted vaping supplies to those stationed around the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Silly questions from a new guy but is steeping mean letting it sit? How long do you guys let it sit? What are some of the pros of letting it steep?

There is no such thing as a silly question. There are, however, lots of silly answers. :D

Yes, steeping means letting it sit. You'll want a dark, cool place for this. I usually take the cap off so it can "breathe" while it's steeping. That's just a personal choice. If you do leave the cap off make sure it's somewhere a child or pet can't get to it. I usually let most of my juices steep for a few days, vape, let it sit a few days more, vape to test the flavor. Some juices/flavors never get better no matter how much time you give them. Others only continue to improve the longer you let it sit. One flavor I have, I make sure to order more about three weeks before I need it. One week for shipping and such and the rest for steeping. YMMV. :)

I can attest that steeping works. When I first tried Bobo's bounty from avejuice I thought it was horrid and I almost gave away 100ml. But now after a month I'm chain vaping it and I can get enough. If I could eat it I would, that's how great it tastes to me now. :yes

I'm seeing a lot of talk on these forums about steeping juice. There must be something that many get out of it. We've never had to steep any of our juice, and personally i've found it tastes best when it's fresh!

We do steeping when we want something special out of the juice. For example. We are releasing a limited number of viles of a new blend called "Heisenberg" It is supposed to mimmick the "Blue Stuff" from the show Breaking Bad.

It is UV reactive when sunlight hits it through a glass tank or dripper! In order for us to get the color and taste out of the juice, steeping was indeed necessary. A work of art TBH being that no coloring is ever added to the juice made at this shop.

Otherwise i've never had to let my juice steep. Vape On!

Some of my juice is best steeped, some I like less after steeping. It doesn't always changed the juice for the best.

Depends on the juice for me. Some of it is great right after it's made - just about anything I've gotten from better vapes has been that way. Some of it definitely has to steep. Most of the stuff I get at Better Vapes can be vaped fresh, but of course, gets better with a little steeping, and some of it definitely has to steep. At least, that's the way it was with, I think, the sweet tobacco, it may have been a different flavor, I'm not sure. But I know when I've asked them to mix up samples of flavors they have, they just didn't have samples out, they definitely needed to steep a bit. That's why I'm sort of unsure about asking them to mix up a sample of mudslide. I mean, I don't want to buy it untasted (which they would have to mix up fresh anyway, they don't keep bottles pre-made because it's not a big seller), but if they make it up, and I don't want to think, well, it should steep some more and come back in a week, and then still decide I'm not going to get it - well, I wouldn't want to try it right now anyway, because it supposedly has irish cream flavoring in it, and the one irish cream that was actually tasting like Irish Cream, I can't taste right now. But then again, I don't remember vodka and Bailey's in the Mudslides I used to have - okay, well looking it up, I can see all recipes have Bailey's, not all recipes have Vodka....all I remember was the Kahlua and chocolate. But that explains why the mudslides at Applebees were stronger than at at the bar, and different. They used Vodka (the bar didn't), and they also used ice cream (the bar also didn't, but this was also um, 12 years ago, lol).

Yes it means letting it sit. Sometimes it can help the flavors mix better. Normally a week is good, try it, I'd you don't like it let it steep some more. It won't always fix a bad juice though. Some are good right out of the mailbox though. Just depends.

There is no such thing as a silly question. There are, however, lots of silly answers. :D

Yes, steeping means letting it sit. You'll want a dark, cool place for this. I usually take the cap off so it can "breathe" while it's steeping. That's just a personal choice. If you do leave the cap off make sure it's somewhere a child or pet can't get to it. I usually let most of my juices steep for a few days, vape, let it sit a few days more, vape to test the flavor. Some juices/flavors never get better no matter how much time you give them. Others only continue to improve the longer you let it sit. One flavor I have, I make sure to order more about three weeks before I need it. One week for shipping and such and the rest for steeping. YMMV. :)

Just make sure that as you let it steep, you give it a good shaking up about every day (with the lid on). I've noticed that when my liquids steep, without the mixing every day, things like the 618 seems to darken from the bottom up, so shaking it up helps to keep it blended.

I have found that i prefer all of my liquids steeped if i have the time. I keep them all in my desk cabinet. The first week or two i leave the lid off and shake them daily (with lid on of course). I have a sign off posted on my cabinet to make sure i don't miss a day of shaking.

95% of my liquids i find terrible when i receive them but quite good after a minimum of 4 or 5 days of steeping.

I have come across the rare few that were pretty awesome straight out of the mail box.