Burnt out?

How do you "clean" your coils?

...I thought about just keeping a cup of alcohol in my "tank maintenance area" and tossing the coils directly in there once they get a burned taste then when I get 7-8 in there rinsing them several times with hot water, adding more alcohol, letting them soak for a day or two then lay them out to dry. Is that a decent plan?

Alcohol won't cut the coil gunk.

Use a cup of PG for long soaks. It works slow, but heating (set on the hot plate of a coffee maker) and agitation speeds up the process..

I bet some of you guys could make a decent side money rebuilding coils for people lol. I am not at all technically inclined. I did replace a garbage disposal last year in just under 2 days so that was good.

In all seriousness I cannot see myself ever doing it unless for some reason I cannot get coils like lack of availability or something.

IMedic check your PMs lol.

Alcohol won't cut the coil gunk.

Use a cup of PG for long soaks. It works slow, but heating (set on the hot plate of a coffee maker) and agitation speeds up the process..

This is probably a dumb question but what is PG? I cannot figure out the initials and I'm getting a headache trying.