around three weeks, need info, I got the basics, but I'm a bit frustrated.

rhannert

First off, my name is Ryan, I do live in Utah, I hope thats not an issue, only sixty two percent of people are..... anyhoo, the other percentage does thing like smoke, have a drink, and lately the vapor thing.

theres two stores, and alot of smoke shops with, what appears to be subpar imitations.

k, to the point, I tried the other ecigs a few times, the lake of body and satisfaction lead me to abandon, recently a friend showed me his kanger evod bcc apparently the kit was the best value, the legitamite places sold parts like coils, etc.

So, while its exponentially better than the previous I didn't realize how many different web sites, and venders of products that fit, but aren't rebuildable, even the works a the stix place seem to go blank when I ask a question, while quitting smoking would be real cost saving, among other things, I can see how the various companys make money, theres not enough unbias info available tothe mainstream people and with the many factors, I cant find a happy medium, ive got probably ten flavors that are nasty, several cheap knock offs that smell like a burnt turd.. and when I ask, its all about just buying a voltage adjusting cartomizer and or to little air, or the five hundred dollar platinum edition, which i've almosted invested half trying to find something tolerable, youtube is either to complicated for average joe, or plan stupid. I smoked the .hard red cigs, because of the feel, i guess.

any info on the next step to find a satisfying experience, with repeated good experiences, or maybe its not my bag, k to the point.

-juice, is there anything thats compatible to tobacco, in strength and flavor

-I got the basic volts/coil/air suction bit, but sometimes I get a mouthful of sweet nastiness

-products, rather than buying sever cheap things, whats popular to the average person without financial interest

-mods, smart or stupid?

-I will spend the money if it works, but no more non interchangeable, gas station look alike, shtuff.

-at first i loved the evod, but as with any umm.. addiction, there's always the feeling it could be done better, I want a good strong and dry hit, without burnt coils, pooping leakage or an hour of daily cleaning.

-if im nuts, I can accept that. If something works for u, or im not doing itwrite, just tell me.

Thanks,

-r

Ok, this works for me. I have dabbled with variable voltage but what I am enjoying right now is a standard ego T battery. I've lowered the ohms in my coils to around 1.8 which has increased my vapor and flavor considerably. I am currently using bottom feed clearomizers, I like the Davide mini the best, but have the t3s as well. They do have replaceable coils/wicks. Also had allot of luck with the T2, but it is a top coil. Liquid is going to be a little trial and error for you, since you need to find something good for your taste . The tobacco flavor that worked for me was Mr. E liquids Rough Neck.

Hang in there, read alot of opinions so you can try and make an educated purchase.

welcome to vapor talk ryan!! were glad to have you !!

I think the easiest combination that works well for a beginner and advanced user as well would be an ego twist or vision spinner battery, both work the same but are made by different companies . they are an ego type battery that had a variable voltage option , you want to play with it to find your best vapor and flavor production . and by playing with it I mean simply ,turning a dial and vaping till youre where you are happy with the results . and to go with that a bottom changeable coil or (bcc) tank . you dont have to fool around with wicks and swirling tanks around to make sure your wick is wet enough to pull and not have a dry hit . Now , if you like cinnamon or mint favors sometimes those will damage plastic tanks SO I wold go with a glass tank .

to start

1 battery

1 tank

1 charger see if you like them enough to buy doubles of . if you do ,dont waste any time getting your doubles because anything could happen and you dont want to do with out .

The flavors =tobacco flavor are not my cup of tea as I hate the taste of tobacco ,And only put up with it to get the nicotine when I smoked ,I much prefer candy and coffee flavors myself ,so maybe someone else can post an opinion on that topic .

Good luck and If you need any clarification please ask -

^^what Wizard and Christie said

Changing coils periodically is part of the deal for flavor and performance

Buy back ups of coils and batteries

Most good vendors have been recommebnded here so search around

I used to live in UT....miss the mountains. Welcome to VT. Lots of good advice on here, but like you said, there's a ton of stuff and it's all so subjective.

One thing I can tell you is consistent....the advice you got above is consistent for newbies (like me).

As for tobacco flavored juice it's funny...I was looking for something to replace my Camels when I switch....got a couple different "turkish tobacco" flavors...I quickly ditched those for some of the other stuff that's really good.

One other thing to consider is nic level. I started at 18mg and quickly jumped to 24mg, but I smoked AND chewed all day long...

Anyway, best change I've made in a long time. Welcome & give a nod to the Wasatch Front for me.

- R

I'm new as well from Indpls IN, I got a ego starter kit online from Www.fasttech.com for 22.00 came with 2 tanks and batteries but there not the adjustable voltage ones but they have been working great so far I got the 1100 mah batteries, unable to offer and advise on the tobacco flavored juices though, you my do some searching on the web for Vape shops in the surrounding cities around you and see if any of them allow sampling of their juices, luckily there are a couple shops close to me and one of them has a juice bar, you can sample as many flavored as you want before you buy , hope this helps

BTW - Gourmet Vapor just opened in Utah

I dont know where you are but they list their address as

Gourmet Vapor

1167 W 12th

Ogden , UT

They make a good juice. Give them a shot if you're near.

Ive ordered from them on line and liked them.

Edited by Bebop12

Everything everyone else has told you is spot on. I started out with the regular ego double starter kit (always want to have two batteries so you can have one charging while you are using the other one), and just now upgraded. The Evod is a great tank, I essentially started out with all Evods until upgraded to glass tanks. Your best bet will be to stick with bottom coil clearomizers, like the Evod, or things like it, that have the replaceable coil, for right now. Since you seem to be trying out several flavors, I suggest keeping several Evods on hand.

I started out with tobacco flavors, and have been gradually moving away from them. I started out with 618, but from some of the vendors out there, they will model a flavor of juice after a certain brand of analogs, and add flavor to them as well. It won't taste exactly like an analog - vapor isn't going to taste like burning leaves - but it may be close enough to flavor you want.

This is a good place to be welcome. I started out small 1 battery 1 tank and left the analogs behind. Then I went to 3 tanks ( vivi nova ) 3 batteries and replacement wicks. I plan on stepping up the game battery and tank wise. Once my kids final tuition check clears.

welcome to the beginning of a really fun journey!

Most of us were where you are right now!

I started with two Variable Voltage (VV) and ce4 clearomizers.

I am now using those same spinners plus some evic (JOYTECH MODS) and for home use have swapped to the Kangar Protank II.

Still low end compared to some of the really pricey stuff out there but they work great for me.

Couple tips i've learned.

Tobacco flavors you might want to check out a vendors RY4 and 555 blends.

Steeping (look around in the liquid forum for how to steep) can turn a nasty fluid into nirvana in 1 to 3 weeks.

Your batteries always always need to be clean and free of fuild before charging.

Don't give up on flavors! were all in search of our everyday nirvana (ALL DAY VAPE (ADV)). one thing i have noticed throughout the forums is that everyones tastes constantly evolve sometimes on a daily basis so that a fluid they were in love with last week is only meh this week and vice versa.

Because of this i tend to revisit my meh fluids after a few weeks of aging.