Proetus's DiY Musing...

Proetus

So I finally got all my supplies and decided i would keep all my musings here in one spot. Hopefully get some feedback from people and hopefully help others out. I mix all my juice 50/50 and 6mg.

Below is what i started with and What i thought of it using them tonight.

Supplies

50ml Bomex Glass Beaker (Great for 30ml!)
10ml Bomex Glass Graduated Cylinder (Need more, perfect for small tasters)
10-1ml Pipettes (worthless imo)
Blunt needles (Get the bigger gauge!)
20ml-10ml-5ml-3ml-1ml Syringes (I'll be getting more of the smaller capacity. Washing between different jucie sucks, buy more!)

All flavors TFA

Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Swirl
Tobacco Type
Sweetener
Bavarian Cream
Cantaloupe
Caramel Candy
Coconut Extra
Ethyl Malto
Granny Smith Apple
Graham Cracker
Honey Dew
Juicy Peach
Ripe Banana
RY4 Double
Smooth Flavor
Sweet Cream
Banana Nut Bread

Flavour Art

7 Leaves Tobacco
Desert Ship
Mellow Tobacco
Citrus Mix
115ml 60mg 50/50 nic

8/28/13 First attempts - all flavors TFA unless otherwise noted.

RWhy4 By tc1 Mixed up exactly as he posted it.
6mg 50/50

10% Double RY4
5% Caramel Candy
5% Bavarian Cream

Smells Great in the bottle. Steeping for the next two days.

Apple Tobacco
6mg 50/50

Granny Smith Apple 5%
Tobacco Type 10%

Can smell the apple nicely, unsure on the tobacco flavor. Steeping for the next two days.

Banana Tobacco
6mg 50/50

Ripe Banana 5%
Tobacco Type 10%
Smooth 1%

Holy Banana batman! Same as the Apple bacco, we'll see on that flavor. Steeping for the next two days.

Melon Balls
6mg 50/50

Honeydew 8%
Canteloupe 8%

Both of these smell unmistakably like their respective fruits. Steeping for the next two days.

Peaches N Cream
6mg 50/50

Juicy peach 12%
Sweet Cream 5%

Great peach smell cream smelled so good i could almiost taste it. Steeping for the next two days.

Edited by Proetus

Update on the previous recipes and a few new ones.

Peaches n Cream - Peach flavor is a little light. Few more days to let it round out, Probably play with ratios in next batch.

Melon Balls - Fairly tasty overall, mixed a new batch upping flavor percentages by 1% , 9% per flavoring. (steeping)

Bananacco - I don't think it has enough Banana, and i'm im not sure i like the tobacco flavor. Work in Progress

AppleBacco- Same as Banana above. Work in Progress.

RWhy4 by tc1 - Make it and Vape it. Period. It's great! (link in original post)

Did more mixing today! Again all mixes are 6mg 50/50 and mostly TFA flavoring with a few FA (Flavour Art) thrown in.

10% 555 Type DK Tobacco (TFA)

AppleBacco II

8% Granny Smith Apple (TFA)

10% Mellow Tobacco (FA)

Melon Balls II

9% Honeydew (TFA)
9% Canteloupe (TFA)

CitroNut

10% Citrus Mix (FA)

2% Coconut Extra (TFA)

.65% Sweetener (TFA)

Cabana Bread (recipe by sturat5150 ecf)

7% Caramel Candy (TFA)
7% Banana Nut Bread (TFA)
3% Ripe Banana (TFA)
3% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
2% Eythl Malto (TFA)

Edited by Proetus

AppleBacoo II - Work in progress, aka not that great!

Melonballs II - On the money! Good stuff!

555 - haven't tried it yet, just shaking it!

Cabana Bread - Fabulous! Reminds me of Deadly Sin from GLV.

CitroNut -

So that R Why 4, is the tobacco taste stronger or the fruit taste? All the purchased RY4 I've found the tobacco was stronger.

No fruit in this one! However, it is a sweeter vape, rather then a tobacco'y vape. The caramel candy and Bavarian Cream come thru more then the tobacco. If you like the sweet vape, the Cabana Bread is sweeter then the RY4.

Priests, I'm interested in getting into DIY, and was wondering if you wouldn't mind explaining a few things for me?

What's does TFA mean?

The percentages you have, what is that in relation to? For example.... Melon Balls... 8% Honeydew, and 8% cantaloupe, what makes up the remaining 84%?

No fruit in this one! However, it is a sweeter vape, rather then a tobacco'y vape. The caramel candy and Bavarian Cream come thru more then the tobacco. If you like the sweet vape, the Cabana Bread is sweeter then the RY4.

Proteus, now that sounds like something I MIGHT be interested in trying. I guess it's a DIY only thing, no vendors sell anything like it?

Soooo i have decided i don't care for Hype anymore after vaping My Melon Balls recipe for 2 weeks. I like the Cabana Bread and Rwhy4 recipes above, I make them in 30ml batches now. Mixed up a new one tonight, simple Vanilla custard 5% Vanilla Custard and .5% Ethyl Malto (same as cotton candy?)

Citronut - letting it steep a little while longer before more testing

Melonballs - Still tinkering mostly happy tho. Might up the %'s a touch. Maybe a touch of cream.

555 - Might have to fill up a PT2 or Mini, now that i have em. Should make tasting easier. Dripper otw soon.

Two new ones tonight...

AppleBacco III
Desert Ship (FA) 10%
Granny Smith Apple (TFA) 8%
Sweetener (TFA) 1%

Banana Cream Pie
Ripe Banana (TFA) 8%
Vanilla Custard (TFA) 4%
Graham Cracker Dark (TFA) 2%
Coconut Extra (TFA) 1%

Also restocked some flavors from Wizard Labs and grabbed some new ones.

Peachy Glee and Orange Dreamsicle on the way !

• 1 month later...

Apple Bacco III worked out well and is a tasty Juice, banana Cream pie is tasty as well. Peachy Glee is great as is the Orange Dreamsicle.

Mixed up some Peachy Glee and Another Peach variant from Uno Mas, RWhy4 by tc1, Carmel Apple(test batch)

• 5 weeks later...

Just whipped up some more juicy juice!

30 ML of Peachy Glee, AppleBacco, a Variant of my 555 (recipe below)

15ml of Dragonfruit, BananaBacco and Strawberry Cheescake.

All recipes are 50/50 6mg Nic and TFA unless otherwise noted.

555-1
555 10%
Toffee 3%

Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry (ripe) 8%
Cheesecake 10%

Dragonfruit
Dragonfruit 10%

Just whipped up some more juicy juice!30 ML of Peachy Glee, AppleBacco, a Variant of my 555 (recipe below)15ml of Dragonfruit, BananaBacco and Strawberry Cheescake.All recipes are 50/50 6mg Nic and TFA unless otherwise noted.555-1555 10%Toffee 3%Strawberry CheesecakeStrawberry (ripe) 8%Cheesecake 10%DragonfruitDragonfruit 10%

Wow, I just glanced, ad read that as strawberry tripe! I was thiinking, "Eewwweew."

You, and others, have put the bug in my head about trying my hand at DIY, but with my taste issues, who knows how long I would fiddle aroud with a recipe before pronoucing it "right" (at least for me, on that particular day and time).

• 1 month later...

Wow been awhile since i was in here! Just whipped up some of my daily drivers, Cabana Bread and RY4. Peachy Glee and Orange creamsicle are in that rotation also as they are tasty! Got some interesting stuff coming i'll post about later once i get the flavorings....

Deadly Sin from GLV is similar.

Well, I've found a good RY4 that I'm going through 50 ml in about a month's time - one of my ADV.

Stay away from the cheesecake one for now...just saying...

Why?