FDA wants to correct inaccuracies in WALL STREET Journal

tzymroz2013

Here is an update fda says they were misquoted by WSJ

The FDA wants to correct inaccuracies in an August 22, 2013 article in the Wall Street Journal, titled “FDA Discusses Banning Online Sales of E-Cigarettes.”

The FDA frequently meets with members of the tobacco industry, as well as with public health groups and other stakeholders, to better understand any concerns or questions they may have. As part of this effort, “listening sessions” with e-cigarette companies have been held at their request and have given the FDA an opportunity to listen to their concerns or views.

“The FDA did not raise or weigh in on potential regulatory options—including any potential restrictions on e-cigarettes or any other particular product category—during these listening sessions,” said Mitch Zeller, director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products. “Any details about the agency’s intent to regulate additional categories of tobacco products will be made publicly available to all interested parties at the same time, through the issuance of a proposed rule.”

The FDA currently regulates cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco and smokeless tobacco. The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (TCA) permits the FDA to deem other “tobacco products” to be subject to the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act by regulation. The agency has announced its intent to issue a proposed rule deeming products meeting the definition of a “tobacco product” to be subject to FDA regulation. :detective:

someone in forum group may have posted the correction if so sorry for repeat, just jumping in forum for 5 minutes as I am working.

the FDA can kiss my ***, bunch of money hungry **** heads with no clue

people abuse alcohol and cigs more than us vapors. so we sit at home and vape chocolate and vanilla and spearmint, they are just mad cigs taste like donkey balls and we have the sense to know better. **** them and their stupid ***'s as jay and silent bob said

sorry im drunk and just spoke part of what is on my mind

Edited by Love2VapeDaily

hey Tameiki I signed up sometime back with the subscription service for the fda, try going to their web page and sign up for email alerts, I even get alerts for recalls on food products, drugs, etc through this site. i find it is good to know some of these things being I work with lots of people, visit lots of homes etc.

I signed up with the FDA GovDelivery Email Subscription Management system, It is the world's leading email subscription management system designed specifically for the public sector. It empowers organizations to provide citizens with better service and access to relevant information by proactively delivering new information through email and wireless alerts. If you have a specific question or suggestion for this site or service, you may email us at support.

Q: Will it cost me anything to sign up/subscribe? No.

so the above post was copied directly from the email the fda tobacco group sent out. it was in my inbox last night. I read in another group that the Fda is meeting with CASAA on Monday so hope the fda reads some stuff before they go make sweeping changes.

I think we should all start some plans for how to get our stuff underground just in case Fda does something stupid.

Tam, I'm signed up with the CASAA facebook group, and I got the info from there, I posted it in the linked thread at the top of the page - both the link to the post and the text of the post - it's an open group, so you don't have to be a member to view it. I think CASAA also mentions it on their regular facebook page.

IMO, I think people automatically panic when they hear that the FDA doing anything, like these listening sessions, with regards to e-cigs. They don't even have the approval yet to regulate them, although I believe that it's just a technicality, and that will be changed soon from what I've seen.