Steeping question

Ok I know to properly steep a liquid you take off the lid and shake it every day or two, at least I think. Do you also remove the dropper tip or does enough air get in there with it on?

The reason I ask is I have yet to steep a liquid and have it get better or really all that different with one exception which is a tobacco flavor. I want to experiment with steeping some other flavors and see if that helps since everywhere I order from the liquids (supposedly) are mixed to order. I got some 10ml bottles with needle tips to fill my mini Davides and I got enough to experiment with some steeping. I just want to see how it changes the flavor profile even of liquids I love without doing it to the whole 100ml bottles.

Edited by bcartervol98

For me I just take the cap off and leave the dripper part on, put it in a dark place, shake once or twice a day and let sit. I try the juice about once every other day to see if it's any better. Some juices I just let steep with the cap on, these are the ones that taste okay now but I know will get better with a little time. The ones I don't like or are perfumy, I take the cap off. It can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks depending on the juice. That's been my experience anyway. :)

But how long should you let them steep? I saw one reviewer let his steep for three weeks, for every flavor he got in to review. I'd heard a week, but our first sample pack came after about a week in shipping (screw up at our local post office and it was lost IN THE BUILDING), and we still had to let them steep several days. Couple of weeks ago I purchased Sweet Tobacco at the shop, and the girl checked with the owner, and he said it had been out long enough to steep, but I brought it home and it still had to steep for several more days.

But how long should you let them steep? I saw one reviewer let his steep for three weeks, for every flavor he got in to review. I'd heard a week, but our first sample pack came after about a week in shipping (screw up at our local post office and it was lost IN THE BUILDING), and we still had to let them steep several days. Couple of weeks ago I purchased Sweet Tobacco at the shop, and the girl checked with the owner, and he said it had been out long enough to steep, but I brought it home and it still had to steep for several more days.

Each juice and vendor are different. That's where direct dripping comes in handy so you can try it every few days to check to see if it's ready yet. I've had some that were great right out of the mailbox while others had to steep up to a month -- all from the same vendor.

some of the juices I have bought could steep for a decade and still be caca. Some are good from the mailbox and get great over time. Some are great and never change after time. Figuring out the last two from the many available is the key to vaping happiness.

I now have seven (7) juices in my stable. My cup runneth over!