Did I do TOO much?

A few days ago, I was down to about a third of one of my 3.7 sample bottles of juice. It was the USA Tobacco flavor, which had a nicotine stength of 18mg. As I wasn't getting the TH that I sought for (after the first 2-3 draws) I opened up the 24mg bottle, and filled clearomizer to the specified amount. I didn't notice much of a difference, at all - until the day before yesterday (and the difference wasn't about TH's).

On the morning of that day I woke up with, what appeared to be, a sore throat. Unlike the sore throats that I was used to getting, this discomfort was not brought on by swallowing. Anytime I inhaled (not just vaping) I could feel a dull pain, seemingly, in the back of my throat. It began to be coupled with a headache (which I very seldom get), and then began to descend into the upper regions of my chest. I am still going through it, but (right now) it is not as bad as it had been.

I have read, on this forum, how some vapers had experienced headaches and/or chest pains due to starting to vape, and I would like to know if what they underwent bore any striking resemblance to what it is that I am going through.

One other thing: Before this discomforting condition set in, I poured the balance of my 18mg bottle into my 24mg bottle. I am wondering if I should just toss that bottle out, altogether, because of the possibility that I might have done a bit too much by doing that.

Nathan

Well, I'm not a medical professional so this is just my opinion gauging from what I've experienced. YMMV.

When I chain vaped and/or vaped too much of a high level of nicotine I've gotten headaches, a sore tongue, some chest pains, etc. Pretty similar to what you described. As a matter of fact I'm going through the headache, tight chest, and a little dizziness right now because I've been mixing and vaping (tasting) and mixing and vaping a 24 mg juice for over an hour now. This tells me that I need to drink more water (vaping dehydrates you), and I need to stop vaping for a bit as I've gotten too much nicotine in my system. My body's telling me to knock it off and let the nic levels go down.

By mixing your 18 mg with the 24 mg, I don't think that's the problem and, in my opinion, I wouldn't throw it out. You might want to get some juices in a lower mg, though, if you're going to be vaping a lot. The 24 mg I save for when I can't vape as often. I can take a few hits and I'm good for some time. When I'm at home and chain vaping I go down anywhere from 12 to 0 mg of nic. And drink lots of water.

Put your vaping gear down for a bit and see if that helps?

Well, I'm not a medical professional so this is just my opinion gauging from what I've experienced. YMMV.

When I chain vaped and/or vaped too much of a high level of nicotine I've gotten headaches, a sore tongue, some chest pains, etc. Pretty similar to what you described. As a matter of fact I'm going through the headache, tight chest, and a little dizziness right now because I've been mixing and vaping (tasting) and mixing and vaping a 24 mg juice for over an hour now. This tells me that I need to drink more water (vaping dehydrates you), and I need to stop vaping for a bit as I've gotten too much nicotine in my system. My body's telling me to knock it off and let the nic levels go down.

By mixing your 18 mg with the 24 mg, I don't think that's the problem and, in my opinion, I wouldn't throw it out. You might want to get some juices in a lower mg, though, if you're going to be vaping a lot. The 24 mg I save for when I can't vape as often. I can take a few hits and I'm good for some time. When I'm at home and chain vaping I go down anywhere from 12 to 0 mg of nic. And drink lots of water.

Put your vaping gear down for a bit and see if that helps?

I whole heartedly agree with tam here I mix a lot of my juices and found that I do need a lower level of nic because I chain vape and like it ;) so id rather just go lower . i use a 6 at night when im home mindlessly vaping if I dont ill wake up with a dry throat .