My wife and I are new to vaping.

WadeD

Hi all! As the title says my wife and I are new to vaping! We bought our first e-cigs (yes I know that isn't the proper term, but we were nooby noob then now we're just noobs) on June 31. We are both long time (37 years for me and longer for her) smokers trying to become tobacco free. I have been more successful and am down to about 3 to 4 analogs from a pack(or more) a day. I have made the decision that on August 1 I will be tobacco free (WOOT!).My wife however has not been as successful. She has cut down, but not as much she has went from near 2 packs a day to around 1 a day! Which brings me to my first question. She smokes full flavor Pall Mall Menthol and is having issues finding the right menthol and having headaches. Can someone please help with some suggestions there.

We have seen all the write ups about VG and can see where it could be better for you. We have read where some people have reactions to PG juice and they don't with VG, but have read where we shouldn't use VG with a carto system. Again suggestions please.

I have no idea on what batteries we have or any of that all I do know is we are using a cartomizer system. We bought 2 starter sets from lizardjuice.com (actually from a local smoke shop) and then bought an e-smart set from VaporKings.com. We would like to build off these if possible. There really isn't anywhere locally to buy any vaping products.

Please help!

Welcome and congrats! First of all I will attest that I smoke 100% VG all the time everyday in every clearomizer, tank, rba, dripping atomizers,etc. that I own. I have not noticed a significant decrease in life or performance to make me reconsider it either. Just my opinion and as far as a good menthol you might wanna try a spearmint or peppermint type flavor so it's not a harsh menthol. I really like vape dudes spearmint and so do a lot of others here. One really strong menthol I have found is called arctic wolf from Johnson's creek. They are a bit pricey but hey if it helps her quit it would be worth it. :)

Dont worry so much about terminology. It is all about the Nic. If you are getting your nic you arent smoking tobacco. That means you are saving your life and health. Anything else like breathing a full deep breath and getting stronger is gravy. (not to mention not stinking or the fires or burns or or or!)

Once you get your nic coming in good you can learn terms and options to play with. I still use boge carts a lot. (the little black tubes) I like them as they are easy and convenient. The tanks or clearomizers or whatever you decide to call them is just toys. I sometimes call them things I cant publish for polite company!

Welcome and congrats on one of the smartest decisions you and your gal could make! Enjoy this place and vape on!

Welcome to the forum. First things first, if we can help you build off of your kit could you please post a link as to what exactly you have purchased? That would help us point you in the right direction as to what you have and what you can add.

Your wifes headaches, could be a combination of her still smoking a pack a day and vaping combined. What nicotine content is the juice you two use? She could just be getting way too much nicotine in her system, though that might be doubtful considering she was a 2 pack a day smoker. A lot of people can be very hesitant at first as to whether or not this will actually work for them. There's so many options that go along with vaping that it can be frustrating finding out what works best for you.

As far as finding the right juice (one of the hardest things to do with vaping), you should find a well recommended site for e liquids that sells sampler packs of juices that way she can try several different menthols without having to buy a large amount of one juice. Usually places will sell 3-6ml sampler bottles in 5 packs or something. You should be able to try 5 or so juices for under $20 or so.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask as we are here to help. And there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site that have all been through the trials of starting out. :)

Ok we have purchased this set

http://www.vaporkings.com/Kanger-e-Smart-e-Cigarette-kit-p/esmart-kit.htm

after each of us buying these

http://www.lizardjuice.com/e-cigarette-e-liquid-juice/hardware/e-cigarette-starter-kit

We started out at 18 mg and are now both using 12 mg juice. I am still using a regular tobacco flavor, but am finding I like the brandy flavor a lot. I am planning on trying some other flavors soon. (As in placing an order this week somewhere.) We have also decided that we are going to switch to VG based juice. She likes a strong menthol without the mint and she has been getting headaches with what she has found so far. She is complaining that her sinuses and throat are drying out and her allergies have kicked up. She says she read somewhere that if you have those symptoms then you need to switch from PG to VG...(not sure if this is fact or not).

Ok your kit is basically an 808 eGo knockoff from the looks of it, with t4 clearomizers. There's nothing wrong with this kit but there are betters out there (as there always are). How are you liking the performance of it? Good vapor production, throat hit and flavor? If so there's really no reason to leave it and have to buy more hardware. You should be able to use pretty much anything 808 threaded so keep that in mind when shopping for other clearomizers/cartomizers/tanks etc.

The first kit you bought looks to be a standard eGo with a ce4 clearomizer which is what i prefer. Whichever battery/clearo you like best is honestly what you should stick with.

As far as vaping drying out your sinuses, pg and vg are both dehumectants (think that's how it's spelled), so they will both dry out your mouth, throat, etc.... just get used to drinking more water because that's simply one of the side effects of vaping.

I'm going to recommend a few sites for good juices/good starter kits that are very easy to build off of. The thing that bothers me about the first kit you posted is it says that it's backwards compatible 808 threading which means it may not actually be compatible with other 808 delivery devices/chargers etc. Which means it may not be very easy to build off of, and since the other site you linked to won't tell you exactly what kind of battery you got i'm just basing off looks what it might be. A good site will tell you exactly what brand/product you are purchasing, so you know what will and what will not work with it.

http://www.thevaporroom.net/starter-kits.html

That site has great juice flavors and you can order them in whatever ratio pg or vg you want. Look up their "free/sale" stuff and you'll see first time customers get some great deals. Also they have some pretty good eGo starter kits which is honestly what i'd recommend for you. They're simple, reliable, and give a great vape.

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/

The vaportalk marketplace has a bunch of good vendors with a ton of different products to check out.

http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/

Nashvillevapor has always been a favorite vendor of mine, great juices, tons of good products, and great customer service. If you'd like i could give some links to good beginner starter kits, but for now check those vendors out. Also sweetvapes is a vendor on here that is very well respected among the members for great juice, trial kits, and good starter kits/products as well.

theveteranvaper.com is also a member of the marketplace and brian is a kick *** stand up guy with superior customer service.

vapedudes.com has a vast selection of juices and they are delicious, well the ones i have tried were.