Need help with Kanger Pro Tank

I recently got a Kanger Pro Tank after reading all the good and some not so good reviews. I've been using it on a Vamo. As far as I know they should be "compatible" as is since they are both 510 threaded.

If I screw the tank all the way in (but not overly tight) the tank won't work. If I hold the right button of the Vamo it shows the resistance of the atomizer as 9.9 ohms which basically means it doesn't think one is there. I have to screw the tank only about half way into the Vamo for it to connect with the atomizer. I have to constantly press the right button until I get close to the resistance of the atomizer. As I get close it could show up anywhere between 2.2 (the actual rating) and 6.0. And then only a slight twist either way could dislodge the connection completely (which isn't hard to do since it's not screwed in tight).

I usually run the Vamo in VW mode at around 6.5w. I burned out the first atomizer in the pro tank in only a few hours. I'm guessing this happened because too much power was being sent to the atomizer when the resistance reading shifted from 2.2 to something significantly higher before it became disconnected. I've since started using it on VV mode only to prevent this from reoccurring. I've also noticed the base of the pro tank gets very warm after a few draws. So far I've only used the two atomizer coils that it shipped with for testing.

I don't have any of these problems with any other of my three different brand tanks on the Vamo so it seems to be isolated to the pro tank. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? Any fix or just try returning it? Thanks for any advice.

I thought the center pin was adjustable on the vamo, try the protank on another device if it works flawlessly you know it's your vamo. My wife and I both use protanks and have had no such issue with it unless I drop it on concrete again and I have to replace it again.

I've a Vamo V2 and the Protank V1. Not had any real problems. The center pin on the Vamo V2 I don't think is adjustable.I have heard of issues with the thread/base which have apparently been fixed with the version 2.

Out of the six protanks I own, I have one that acts up similar to what you stated above, I thinks it's a manufacturing flaw, seems threads aren't milled correctly, and gives same wacky readouts or NO Atomizer flash on my evic, buts works on egobatts or my Tesla fine. I plan on returning it! But the other if five work stellar....

One of two problems is occuring, #1 was more then likely caused by #2. #1The positive pin on the KPT has been pushed in to far causing intermittent connection with the vamo pin. You can try to gently pull the pin on the KPT out with some needlenose pliers or tweezers. Note i said gently, if not careful you will pull the whole coil assembly out. #2 the center pin on the vamo has been pushed down by over tightening devices into the 510/ego connection.

Edited by Proetus

One of two problems is occuring, #1 was more then likely caused by #2. #1The positive pin on the KPT has been pushed in to far causing intermittent connection with the vamo pin. You can try to gently pull the pin on the KPT out with some needlenose pliers or tweezers. Note i said gently, if not careful you will pull the whole coil assembly out. #2 the center pin on the vamo has been pushed down by over tightening devices into the 510/ego connection.

Proteus:

You were correct. The center pin was pushed in too far. I found several threads on that other forum as to how to fix the center pin problem. I've never thought I was over tightening any of my tanks but I guess it doesn't take much pressure to depress the center pin.

So now I know the Kanger wasn't the problem. Now I just need to work on getting some of the air of its draw. Has anyone tried one of the tank air flow controllers with the pro tank?http://www.madvapes.com/tank-airflow-controller.html

Try using the collar that came with the KPT , you can screw in up flush to tighten draw, or screw down and get more air...

This is a fact. I found that out just playing around with it.