Marketplace: Tax and shipping...?

VaPOOrizer

So, I always get my liquid from VT and have enjoyed the free shipping for many years.... Anyways, I get my normal VT juice in my cart and decide that I want to try a flavor from a different vendor and I toss that one in the cart as well and go to check out. Well, for some reason, I'm getting hit with tax (never had that happen before) and after that, I have 2 shipping charges of $5.99, one for each vendor! $12 total? No bueno at all.... Is there nothing that can be done to mitigate these costs? I gotta tell you, I was excited when The Marketplace was getting put together but now, it seems as if it will hamper sales since I, for one, am not going to pay two seperate shipping costs when I 'm checking out in the same transaction and they're going to the same address.

So, I always get my liquid from VT and have enjoyed the free shipping for many years.... Anyways, I get my normal VT juice in my cart and decide that I want to try a flavor from a different vendor and I toss that one in the cart as well and go to check out. Well, for some reason, I'm getting hit with tax (never had that happen before) and after that, I have 2 shipping charges of $5.99, one for each vendor! $12 total? No bueno at all.... Is there nothing that can be done to mitigate these costs? I gotta tell you, I was excited when The Marketplace was getting put together but now, it seems as if it will hamper sales since I, for one, am not going to pay two seperate shipping costs when I 'm checking out in the same transaction and they're going to the same address.

Each vendor will have their own rates. The Marketplace is just a collection of the stores. Think of it as going to the mall. All different stores under a single roof. What the marketplace did was bring in a bunch of vendors to one site, rather than going to each vendor site seperately.

If you order from different stores in different areas of the country, each store will have its own shipping. No way around it. If you went to Site 1 and ordered something, you would get a shipping charge. Now, you want something from Site 2 - who also has a shipping charge. You have to pay for shipping. It doesnt matter that it is going to the same place, it is coming from two different vendors.

Also it is required by law for a vendor to collect tax if you live int he same state where they have a physical presence. I talked to Chris about it and when I had something in my cart from 3 different vendors I was only charged tax on the items from a business located in Tennessee where I live. If you order from out of state vendors it should not collect tax.

You'd get the same thing if you order from Amazon and you order from different Marketplace vendors. Each vendor has to charge its own shipping as there's no way to pack everything up in one package to send out to you.

Oh, ok... Thought it was supposed to be basically an all inclusive type of thing... Well did Chris stop free shipping?

Well it is all inclusive in the terms that there arent a lot of places to search 10-12 vendors products simultaneously but the vendors still handle their own shipping. Its not like VaporTalk buys all the stuff and it ships from one central location.

Sorry to taking so long to get back to this, today was a busy day :)

The Marketplace is a multi vendor store. So if you purchase items from more than one vendor, you will be charge multiple shipping rates the same as you would on Amazon for example. Items ship from multiple locations.

We do still offer free shipping (and have no plans to change that) You can find Vapor Talk's products by visiting the Marketplace home page, looking to the left and selecting "Vapor Talk" from the vendor list. Then "View vendor products." That will show you all products currently sold by Vapor Talk. Any of those products purchased will result in free shipping.

Also, when shopping in the Marketplace you'll notice a "product filter" on the left hand side. There is an option to select "free shipping." Doing so will remove any products that do not offer free shipping making it easier for you to keep costs down.

Alternatively the Vapor Talk store should be back up and running by the end of this weekend. Given the fact we're now handling transactions for multiple vendors and hundreds of orders we needed to upgrade out payment system to something a little more advanced than we were using before. :)

If you ever have questions or concerns please don't hesitate to open a ticket and we will always address your concerns. You're also welcome to vent on us if we do something wrong :D

No prob Chris, I just wasn't in tune with the concept... Anyways, I ordered 3 30ml Dulcis juices and got hit with $5.99 shipping today... I decided to eat the cost since it is my favorite vape 👍

I have opened a few support tickets and christopher went above and beyond to figure out the problem, he even offered to call me personally so we could track down the issue and we did without the phone consult.

No prob Chris, I just wasn't in tune with the concept... Anyways, I ordered 3 30ml Dulcis juices and got hit with $5.99 shipping today... I decided to eat the cost since it is my favorite vape

As soon as we saw your email I know who you where :D (I know people by their first names better than their forum names sometimes) You're correct you were charged $5.99 for shipping which was my mistake (I got a phone call this evening telling me to fix the mistake ha ha)

I added the 30ML bottles in the system and forgot to select "free shipping" in the admin panel. I'm sure I'm due a write up ;)

Anyway Roger is opening a ticket for you and refunding the $5.99 back to your account. You should get a notification shortly :)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines