My 16 day old evod battery will no longer switch on:(

SO ....

Monday night I vapped my evod till it died plugged it in ,went to bed .got up made coffee (my last real vice lol ) grabbed my trusty evod -nothing. so I checked my charger to make sure it was indeed plugged in right .yup its fine . grabbed my husbands evod it worked fine ( he doesnt vape yet but swears He will just not ...now ) ANyhow I was very sad yesterday I emailed my local vender where I bought it . didnt get a reply. I thought yeah it figures one day outside of the 2 week warranty. Meanwhile thank god I ordered a back up set online to tide me by because I really want my husband to use his e cig and he wont if he thinks ive claimed it lol . So this morning , I get an email from my vender saying they would make an exception for me because it is really only one day (it actually failed within the 2 weeks ) and I went in and exchanged it no questions no hassles no problems at all . Im really happy they have such great customer service , they are always great when I go in there and I can be really annoying about picking flavors ,I try 10 and always get cherry or blueberry lol (cant commit ) ç

ANyways - should I be worried about this happening again? I dont know what caused it -I know there was just a recall of these and my guys checked it and said theirs were not affected in the recall But now Im a little concerned .I think the recalled batteries have the "potential for exploding" now im just nervous .not enough to stop vaping mind you I just put a crab pot over them while they charge ( I have pets that I dont want hit with something should it explode -hey ya never know )

what are everyones thoughts ?

I think it is super cool you care enough about your pets to cover it with a crab pot to keep them from getting hurt. :). But if you are that worried about it exploding why don't you give another type of battery a try, at least until you do not have that fear anymore. You know I had a problem with the connection head of one of my first eGos. When I was disconnecting it from my charger the whole thing came off. I somehow lost the button but I put the rest of it in a spare parts compartment. I bet these pros around here could have it back together in 60 seconds, but it was a cheap, probably knock off, that I bought in my first kit.