Diminished returns?

Nlalston

I asked about pg/vg because I was taking a different tack with it. If the juice has higher vg or is all vg then it will be thicker and not wick very fast. That meaning you could be drawing faster than the wick is capable of wicking. That would lead to less vapor, less flavor, and more "dry hits". From your description of being able to take a few hits and then it changes it sounds like your getting dry hits and tasting more coil and wick instead of juice.

The other possibility is that it's leaking thru the center hole but you would get gurgling and the top of your battery would have juice on it which shorts out the connection between your battery and coil.

Just a couple of things to look for....

I asked about pg/vg because I was taking a different tack with it. If the juice has higher vg or is all vg then it will be thicker and not wick very fast. That meaning you could be drawing faster than the wick is capable of wicking. That would lead to less vapor, less flavor, and more "dry hits". From your description of being able to take a few hits and then it changes it sounds like your getting dry hits and tasting more coil and wick instead of juice.

The other possibility is that it's leaking thru the center hole but you would get gurgling and the top of your battery would have juice on it which shorts out the connection between your battery and coil.

Just a couple of things to look for....

You know what? Your mention of 'gurgling' brought something to mind; something that I'd thought was normal. Each time that I depress/hold the button - in preparation for a drag - I do get a gurgling sound. In fact, on each successive action I will get that same sound, though not quite as pronounced as on the precedding time. Again, I thought that this was characteristic of proper performance.

When filling this unit (I am still working on my first fill) I made sure (or, at least, thought I did) that I got no juice down that center, tubular opening, and I always do my best to keep my device in a near upright position. Maybe I have done something wrong, and that the error might indeed be with me - not the vaping unit. I am also going to try slower pulls/drags on my next vape cycle. Maybe that, in itself, might make a difference in the TH strength received.

But the good thing behind all of this? When I look at myself in the mirror, now, I honestly believe that I am looking at a permanently smoke-free man. This eGo Twist is twisting me totally away from those terrible analogs. And I am SO thankful (my family is, too).

You know what? Your mention of 'gurgling' brought something to mind; something that I'd thought was normal. Each time that I depress/hold the button - in preparation for a drag - I do get a gurgling sound. In fact, on each successive action I will get that same sound, though not quite as pronounced as on the precedding time. Again, I thought that this was characteristic of proper performance.

When filling this unit (I am still working on my first fill) I made sure (or, at least, thought I did) that I got no juice down that center, tubular opening, and I always do my best to keep my device in a near upright position. Maybe I have done something wrong, and that the error might indeed be with me - not the vaping unit. I am also going to try slower pulls/drags on my next vape cycle. Maybe that, in itself, might make a difference in the TH strength received.

But the good thing behind all of this? When I look at myself in the mirror, now, I honestly believe that I am looking at a permanently smoke-free man. This eGo Twist is twisting me totally away from those terrible analogs. And I am SO thankful (my family is, too).

Which clearomizer are you using? The gurgling is a flooded airhole. I hardly ever have this happen with Kanger clearos but when I used Visions it happened all the time. It will severely diminish the amount of vapor you get and can ultimately kill your battery for good. Usually all you have to do is blow really hard in the mouthpiece then swab it down to remove the excess liquid. I would suggest a Kanger T2 if you like a top wick or a T3S if you like a bottom wicking clearo. The T3S sometimes will leak a tad when hitting it, the T2 never does. I make no attempt to keep my clearomizers in an upright position and always have 4-7 filled in my case on their side for days at a time. The Vision clearos are the only ones that have ever leaked in my case.

Which clearomizer are you using? The gurgling is a flooded airhole. I hardly ever have this happen with Kanger clearos but when I used Visions it happened all the time. It will severely diminish the amount of vapor you get and can ultimately kill your battery for good. Usually all you have to do is blow really hard in the mouthpiece then swab it down to remove the excess liquid. I would suggest a Kanger T2 if you like a top wick or a T3S if you like a bottom wicking clearo. The T3S sometimes will leak a tad when hitting it, the T2 never does. I make no attempt to keep my clearomizers in an upright position and always have 4-7 filled in my case on their side for days at a time. The Vision clearos are the only ones that have ever leaked in my case.

I don't know which Clearomizer I have. The little instruction card left much to be desired, as far as such info is concerned. I am hoping, however, that the attached photo will offer a bit of clarification to any readers of this posting. One thing that I did find is that my kit is an eGo C-Twist, instead of (what I had thought was) an eGo Twist. Now, of course, it is possible that they are both one and the same. That, I don't know.

post-25506-0-50258500-1374699215_thumb.j

You know what? Your mention of 'gurgling' brought something to mind; something that I'd thought was normal. Each time that I depress/hold the button - in preparation for a drag - I do get a gurgling sound. In fact, on each successive action I will get that same sound, though not quite as pronounced as on the precedding time. Again, I thought that this was characteristic of proper performance. ).

The "snap,crackle,pop" when you trigger the battery is a good sign. That means its cooking the juice and giving you vapor. The gurgling is more something you would get when you draw on the mouthpiece. Its like when you're at the end of your soda thru a straw. That's a leak and that needs to be fixed before continuing to vape. Pull it apart. Blow thru the mouthpiece into a napkin. Dab up the juice. Dab the top of your battery and try it again.

But you mentioned the "snap crackle pop" diminishes as you vape. That tells me your vaping faster than the juice can wick. With the clearomizer you have (CE4 style), you may need to tip it to keep up juice flow.

Also, it is my opinion that I get the best performance from the ce4 with a low resistance coil (1.8 ohm).

You're probably going to start customizing your set up. You can pick juices that have a 60/40 pg/vg ratio. That should help juice flow. You can play around woth draw speed. How tou pull on the mouthpiece has a great deal to do with satisfying vapor. And dont be afraid to swap out coils. Thicker juices can gum up a coil pretty fast

If I were you I would drop the CE4 and go straight to the Kanger T2. You will definitely notice an improvement in performance. For now, play around with what you have. You'll learn a lot.

The "snap,crackle,pop" when you trigger the battery is a good sign. That means its cooking the juice and giving you vapor. The gurgling is more something you would get when you draw on the mouthpiece. Its like when you're at the end of your soda thru a straw. That's a leak and that needs to be fixed before continuing to vape. Pull it apart. Blow thru the mouthpiece into a napkin. Dab up the juice. Dab the top of your battery and try it again.

But you mentioned the "snap crackle pop" diminishes as you vape. That tells me your vaping faster than the juice can wick. With the clearomizer you have (CE4 style), you may need to tip it to keep up juice flow.

Also, it is my opinion that I get the best performance from the ce4 with a low resistance coil (1.8 ohm).

You're probably going to start customizing your set up. You can pick juices that have a 60/40 pg/vg ratio. That should help juice flow. You can play around woth draw speed. How tou pull on the mouthpiece has a great deal to do with satisfying vapor. And dont be afraid to swap out coils. Thicker juices can gum up a coil pretty fast

If I were you I would drop the CE4 and go straight to the Kanger T2. You will definitely notice an improvement in performance. For now, play around with what you have. You'll learn a lot.

The gurgling that I get doesn't go away. It will lessen, a bit, with each draw (during a vape session), but never does it drop completely out. I have followed your suggestions on how to cure a leaky situation, but that hasn't brought about any change. Both of my units are exhibiting the very same conditions, and methinks that there may indeed be something wrong with the units, themselves. I do know that there is certainly something going on with the charging mechanism and/or batteries. According to the instructions, the light on the battery is supposed to blink 3-4 times when it is in need of a charge. That, it does do. However, the USB connector's lamp is supposed to illuminate red, which it does not. As soon as this connector is married to power (whether via the wall wart, or direct connection to a computer) its lamp will shine green - whether a battery is attached, or not. It is only supposed to show that color when the battery has reached full charge.

I am about to make another call back to Liberty, and make some arrangement (hopefully) to get this matter very satisfactorially resolved.

CE4s just do that, I cant stand them (no offense to anyone that likes them). If I were you I would order some Kanger T2s (Ego CC longwick clearomizer is another name for it). They are the best TopWick clearo on the market in my opinion. They never flood, and are easy to fill. I mostly use the T3S now but still go back to my trusty T2s from time to time.

I get my T2s from Veteran Vaper through the marketplace here and the T3S from Sweet-Vapes.com

CE4s just do that, I cant stand them (no offense to anyone that likes them). If I were you I would order some Kanger T2s (Ego CC longwick clearomizer is another name for it). They are the best TopWick clearo on the market in my opinion. They never flood, and are easy to fill. I mostly use the T3S now but still go back to my trusty T2s from time to time.

I get my T2s from Veteran Vaper through the marketplace here and the T3S from Sweet-Vapes.com

I'd like to add a rec for the new Vision Victory to the list of really good clearomizers. I know you don't care for Vision products outside of the Vision Spinners, Bcarter, but these don't have the usual gurgling or any of the other problems associated with Vision clearos we've all experienced in the past. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if you decide to give these a try. So far I've been very pleasantly surprised by this little workhorse -- to the point that I've been putting down my direct dripping in favor of these at times, which never happened before. :)

I'd like to add a rec for the new Vision Victory to the list of really good clearomizers. I know you don't care for Vision products outside of the Vision Spinners, Bcarter, but these don't have the usual gurgling or any of the other problems associated with Vision clearos we've all experienced in the past. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if you decide to give these a try. So far I've been very pleasantly surprised by this little workhorse -- to the point that I've been putting down my direct dripping in favor of these at times, which never happened before. :)

Looks like a metal tip, any taste like we experienced with the KPT? That is my only concern before ordering a few to try.

Looks like a metal tip, any taste like we experienced with the KPT? That is my only concern before ordering a few to try.

Surprisingly enough I haven't had that problem with these. I'm not sure which online vendor to get these from. Will send you one in the mail, B, so you can try it out. If you don't like it, just pass it on to someone else. :)

What color would you like? I'm on my way to go to that store anyway.

Edited by Tameiki

My charger stays illuminated green when nothing is hooked to it, I believe thats normal. You mentioned yours is green when not in use but hooked to a power supply, I have multiple chargers and all mine are green unless I'm charging a dead battery.

Surprisingly enough I haven't had that problem with these. I'm not sure which online vendor to get these from. Will send you one in the mail, B, so you can try it out. If you don't like it, just pass it on to someone else. :)

What color would you like? I'm on my way to go to that store anyway.

I would like to try 1 lol.

My charger stays illuminated green when nothing is hooked to it, I believe thats normal. You mentioned yours is green when not in use but hooked to a power supply, I have multiple chargers and all mine are green unless I'm charging a dead battery.

Thanks for your mentioning what you did. There were two issues, mainly, that I had with my units: (1) was the 'always green on' charging lamp condition, and (2) that gurgling sound upon each of my draws. As I think I mentioned, earlier, my kit came with three Clearomizers. Two of them were disposables, and the third is a permanent one - allowing for wick changes (of which a spare wick did come with it). Just yesterday, I forewent the disposable clearomizer that I had been using, and attached the permanent one to the battery. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the gurgling, upon draws, had totaly stopped. Now, I seem to get nothing but what I should have been getting all along. Though my TH's aren't totally consistant in their strengths, I AM getting much better out of my vaping than I was. So, that concern is all but eliminated. With you divulging that your charging system behaves much in the same manner as mine, I think it is safe to rest assured that - just maybe - I am paired with a properly functioning vaping kit.

So, I will finish up these analogs I bought, and get back into the swing of battling them again.

Do you take lung hits or draw into your mouth and then inhale, also the more you vape the less noticeable the TH will be. I have some juices that to me they no longer have a strong TH but when a smoker wants to rest drive my rig they say it is harsh. What nicotine level are you using?

Do you take lung hits or draw into your mouth and then inhale, also the more you vape the less noticeable the TH will be. I have some juices that to me they no longer have a strong TH but when a smoker wants to rest drive my rig they say it is harsh. What nicotine level are you using?

No, i don't do lung hits. I draw into my mouth, and inhale as my mouth leaves the mouthpiece. I started with one of teh sample bottles that came with my kit, and they are all 18mg. Just yesterday, however, I opened up the 24mg USA Tobacco flavor that I had bought (extra) and gave it a go. Not much difference to me. I think that I have had this kit about a week, now, and you may not believe it when I say this - but I hadn't even completed that one 3.7ml bottle. In fact, I poured the balance (about a fifth of that bottle remaining) into the 24mg bottle, after using some of that one in my clearomizer. I hadn't fooled much with it because of gaining information that using it, in the state that I had presented, might damage the units.

Of course, the juice (from what I have been able to gather, here) I am using could, very well, play a large role in the scheme of things. another thing, is my adjustors. On the bottom of each of my two batteries there is an adjustor, and they range from 3.2 to 4.8. In all honesty, I can tell no real difference betwixt the minimum and maximum settings. Maybe it will work for me ( for a while) owing only to the fact that I am new to vaping. But I do (as soon as finances permit) want to get into a REALLY GOOD portable vaping system. I am now exerting myself towards researching these things much better/deeper, in hopes of being very well armed to make a GOOD buy on my next purchase.

i have a battery like you do but when i used the ce4 clearomizers the juice would taste burnt above 4.2v. with the kanger protank i can go higher but im using a 2.5ohm coil. takes more power to get the coil hot. wow 3.7ml lasted you over a week? i burn that in a day easily lol. i never cared much for the tobacco flavors.i have also had juice from some companies it was just vile and then other companies it was so good i used the whole bottle in a matter of days. in the last 14 hours i have used about 1.8ml in my kanger protank and refilled my ce6 clearomizer 2 times. the ce6 holds about 1.6ml, so i used 3.2ml in it plus the 1.8ml in a protank in 14 hours lol. what ratio is your juice. mine vary between 50/50, 70/30 pg/vg, to 95/5 vg/pg. the more pg the more throat hit but your nic level has some to do with it.

i have a battery like you do but when i used the ce4 clearomizers the juice would taste burnt above 4.2v. with the kanger protank i can go higher but im using a 2.5ohm coil. takes more power to get the coil hot. wow 3.7ml lasted you over a week? i burn that in a day easily lol. i never cared much for the tobacco flavors.i have also had juice from some companies it was just vile and then other companies it was so good i used the whole bottle in a matter of days. in the last 14 hours i have used about 1.8ml in my kanger protank and refilled my ce6 clearomizer 2 times. the ce6 holds about 1.6ml, so i used 3.2ml in it plus the 1.8ml in a protank in 14 hours lol. what ratio is your juice. mine vary between 50/50, 70/30 pg/vg, to 95/5 vg/pg. the more pg the more throat hit but your nic level has some to do with it.

Yeah, I figured that my very minimal usage would get a chuckle out of you :). But it IS the truth. I surely didn't want to risk damage to any of the components by drawing through a defective clearomizer. believe me - had everything felt right with my vaping sidekicks, I would have gone through much, much more than that little 3.7ml bottle. Regarding the tobacco flavor, I didn't want to move too far away fromt he tobacco taste that I was getting from analogs. I knew that there wasn't going to be an exactness, between the tobacco flavored juices and the real tobacco taste of a cigarette, but the closer I could remain TO that taste (at least for a while) the better.

The pg/vg numbers that you asked about are not listed on ANY of my bottles, and I most certainly won't be going back out to the reservation to replenish my juices. There is a vapor lounge not far from where we live, and it is there that I will be making such purchases. I am sure that they will have juices with their property ratios listed.