How to fix a leaky T3

Uma

Thanks for posting this, Uma. I have a T3 that goes totally unused because it's leaked straight out of the box and I'm sure this is why.

Come to think of it, I have a T2 that floods easily. Haven't had that problem with them usually, but adding a flavor wick might fix that one.

The video is a little long, but I liked that it was a good over view of the construction of the Kanger Clearomizer, using a 4-40 machine screw for forming a coil is brilliant, and adding a flavor wick to minimize leaking and flooding through coil is also cool. I learned a lot from this video.

All these sound-alike brands/styles, numbers and abbreviations give me such a headache. I'm so glad I discovered the RBA's a few years ago. lol.

Just when I've gathered enough info on a product that's great for taking to the bar, or for getting newbies started up nicely, I run across threads and videos full of gripes and fixes. Then I have to go back to all the newbies who trusted what I had set them up with, and explain how to fix them. I hate hype. Man oh man, Why can't life be simpler?

Now the eVod coils that vapers like to put on their protanks to stop the gurgling, are changing. They aren't making those same eVod coils anymore. Does this mean the fix for the protank will also be changing again?

oops, I'm ranting. lol. But, seriously, when does this ever stop? I feel so sorry for the vendors too, who were stuck purchasing the promised land, only to see V45 come out within a week.

Is the T2 the same thing as the T2S? Does the T2S leak like the T2? Or do I have that backwards? Is there a one that doesn't need a fix? What should I set the noobie up with? I can't go telling a newbie to take it apart and fix it with an extra silica they don't happen to have on hand... I mean, really. I''d really like some honest to goodness honest products to recommend and honestly, I don't know what they are.

I didn't mean to rant in this thread, but seeing as how the FIX is a topic, ... :D

Thank you thank you thank you!! I so hope the ones I just purchased for someone else don't have problems. I get T2s and T2S mixed up, I haven't a clue which ones I bought... oh wait, I can go read the nice print out complete with pictures they sent me. doh. ok. panic is leaving. breathe!

I got the T3 little s. Is there a T3 big S? Is the T3littleS the improved T2little or the T2bigS or just a T2 or none of the above?

Is the T3bigS the improved T3littleS or is the T3littleS the improved over the T3withoutanS?

Is there a doctor in the house?

there are only the T3S and T3. So when you get them pull out the bottom of the tank (it unscrews) and check and see if the coil is removable. If you can unscrew the coil its a T3S which is the newer version. If it doesnt (which isnt a big deal) its the T3. Now you can buy just the base of the T3S as replacements and such. So get a couple of those and replacement coils and essentially without the logo... you have a T3S. the seperate base and coil makes it a smoother changeout for the coils and it helps with the leaking issue. The only thing i haven't run into with these is flooding. I have heard some people complain about flooding in them but i haven't had it happen to me yet. I haven't tried to rewick one yet but i will be rewicking and rebuilding a pro tank coil... so im pretty positive it will be the same way.... since its the same coil... with a smaller flange on the bottom of it. :)

You're gonna be fine Uma. Breathe..... woooosaahhhhh :beer:

I don't have any of these issues with the pro tank, no leaks, no gurgling, no flooding, but the concrete floor will shatter 1 :(

Which is why my KPT stays at home lol. Thing is I have tile and hardwood throughout so a drop at home would most likely be fatal as well.

LOL, I haven't dropped a battery in months, but I bet as soon as I get a protank I will drop it first thing. Murphy's law and all that. I wonder if ibtanked will have new tanks for these in the future.

So far I have only dropped it twice. Not bad for me, I usually drop my PV on a average of twice a day, LOL!