Ready to invest in quality e-Cig, Thoughts?

Hey everyone,

I started using one of the many cheap e-cigs available recently, just to see if it was something I thought I could legitimately see myself curbing my smoking habit with. After a few weeks, I've decided I really enjoy it and I'm ready to invest some money into a good quality e-Cig. I've tried doing some research, but find myself getting more confused as there are so many options out there for batteries and cartridges and atomizers. I figured I'd describe what I'm looking for to some folks who know this stuff inside and out (since I don't have hours of time to do what I imagine would be the necessary research), and get an idea of what you guys would recommend.

First of all, as I said I'm ready to dish out some money for good quality. I'd like a battery that lasts a long time. From what I've read, having variable settings is good for customizing the experience. Am I wrong here? Also, I'd like a set-up where I can get different flavors of e-Liquid and fill it up. Not sure what the range is as far as how long you have to go between filling the cartridges, but the longer the better. Something that I would be able to get an adaptor for (to finish the cartomizers I got with my cheap e-cig) would be ideal. The most important thing though is quality.

Ideally, I'd like to get everything I need in one place too, whether its an online store or a specific brand. If you guys know of any particular shops that you've had good experiences with, I'd love to give them my business.

Any suggestions you guys have would be great, and thanks in advance for sharing your experience and vape wisdom. Please forgive my lack of knowledge. Heh.

The only online vendor I've pulled that off with successfully with without any complaints about anything I ordered through them was Totally Wicked (http://totallywicked-eliquid.com). That was also the vendor that got me started with vaping before I knew anything about e-cig forums, and they were extremely helpful, to the point of sending me free products when I had issues with the ones I bought and it became obvious that I just couldn't get the hang of it at the time due to being so new to vaping.

What kind of APV are you looking for? If you're looking for something small and more cig-like, you might like the eGo Spinners, which allow you to adjust the voltage.

If you don't mind a larger device, there's an entire world of APVs out there to suit any need and any budget. Rather than list them all, or list my preferences, you're really best off listing a few you're interested in here and seeing what others have to say about them that have tried them. Personally I find these are a lot cheaper to maintain after the intitial purchase than the standalone batteries like eGo, and also carry a lot more features and variety.

As for a delivery system, look for rebuildable tanks and/or cartomizer tanks if you're wanting to pack the most juice... these vary from 2.5ml to a whopping 5ml. The initial investment for the tank can get pretty high, but the reward is reaped in how cheap it is to replace their coils forever afterwards.

Welcome to the forum, and the beginning of your new life!!!

Being new, getting everything from one vendor is attainable, though highly unlikely. Yes, you can get reasonably priced starter kits that will come with everything to get you started. However, you're going to need a few extra things to keep you going, and give you the best chances for success.

Juice, for instance, is highly subjective. You are going to want to buy way more than you need. And, you're going to want them in a variety of flavors, and nicotine strengths to find what you like. Trust when I say that you really do not want to face the prospect of staring at your last 1ml while you still haven't received confirmation your next juice order has even shipped.

My best advice is to:

1) Do your research, and do not be too hasty with your first purchase

2) Buy more than what you need to start

3) Always have a backup or four

4) Learn to properly draw off your e-cig

5) NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!

Hope this helps!!!

My best advice is to:

1) Do your research, and do not be too hasty with your first purchase

2) Buy more than what you need to start

3) Always have a backup or four

4) Learn to properly draw off your e-cig

5) NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Number 3 above all else. Whatever can fail will fail eventually, sometimes prematurely. Vape supplies aren't like cigarettes. You can't just drive to any store at any hour and buy more. Semper paratus and enjoy the future!

When you do find a juice you like get lots of it. Im sitting here looking at 70+ ml that I cannot use yet as it still needs steeping to be usable. Try to find juices that are pre steeped if possible. Having lots of juice around that you cant use is hard. The nic is calling but having little to feed it is a bad day.

My shipment should have been friday of stuff I know I can vape now but it wont be here until monday now. Hurting weekend for sure.

Whatever you get as you learn you will get more and different equipment anyway so just get what you need to start. Thats the most important thing. Staying off tobacco. Thats the only important thing here in the first few days. Welcome!

Welcome to VT!! Congrats on making the switch over from nasties, you've come to the right place to help you with your journey into the life of the non-smoker!

For now, you just want to concentrate on getting an eCig that is more powerful than your beginning one. The one you have right now is probably a 3.3volt style. They're great for starting out, or when you have a cold, but otherwise they leave the Vaping ex-smoker still needing more ooomph. The Variable Volt eGo Twist or the Vision Spinner either one is the one I'd recommend. The Spinner has larger numbers, is easier to read the voltage dial, so I put more emphasis on it, otherwise they're about the same thing.

You will need at least 2 batteries and 1 charger devoted to the the Spinner.

The Variable Volt, aka VV, lets you dial your power from 3.3volt clear up through to 4.8volts. Even us old veterans of vaping have these in our arsenal, because they really do work great, they're easy and affordable to replace when they get lost, broke or dead.

Start every new to you flavor at 3.3, and gradually increase the volts until the flavor is there. Every flavor enjoys a different setting, yet they are all mostly okay, of course, at any one setting.

The iTaste VV version 3 is also a contender for beginners ready for VV. It's brand new on the market though, so I can't truely recommend it, I don't know how long it will live,... but with that said... get one! lol. It even has Variable Watt (VW)

But, you'll need to learn what VW is and you're still learning VV ... but they are both really easy to learn once you dive in to learn them.

VV= variable volt... you can dial your volts, increase or decrease your oooooomph to suit. These work best with a high resistance OHM coiled atomizer, and okay with the standard OHM coiled atomizer. (or cartomizer or clearomizer). The ooomph will gradually decrease as the battery dies out, ready for recharging.

VW= variable watt. ..you can dial your watts, increase or decrease your oooomph to suit. These work best with well, just about any OHMs you give it except anything below 1.2 resistance I believe it is. (need that clarified). The oooomph stays put, does not lessen at all as the battery is dying out, until the last 2 puffs. It's good from start to finish. The VW will adjust any atty/carto you put on it, to vape at your preferred setting. (8 watts is a popular setting but by no means the setting for everyone. Some like 10, some like 20)).

The VV gives you a headsup as the battery is dying, the VW gives you steadyness til the last puff.

The ITaste VV version 3 also has VW... it's up to you to power select any time you want. Choose the VV or select the VW, or switch back and forth throughout the day as you change atomizers/cleromizers/cartomizers.

Confused already? I bet you are! Just get the Vision Spinner kit or the eGo Twist kit, vape, get used to the VV, and then while you're relaxing with your new preferred power for your flavor & or vapor, you can contentedly research for your next choice. The choices are endless.

Or, you can just jump to the best VV ecig out there called the Provari, vape happily away while you research vw, vv/vw, nivel, dna12, dna20 and gawd knows what will be out next. :) (it really is the best, in craftsmanship, menu readout, safety features, customer service, etc).

TheVeteranVaper at

While I was there, I saw the EVIC... yet another nice one. ... new this past year, but pretty darn popular and cool.

VaporTalk just opened an Amazon type of marketplace, where many Vendors are joining together for one stop shopping. Keep checking back, they will grow and grow until one day they will be a household word. :)

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/

There are of course, tons of Vendors to shop with. I don't know who has the best deal at the moment.

A few of the popular vendors out of hundreds is:

MadVapes, CherryVapes, CarolinaVapes, Gotvapes, Sweet-Vapes, AvidVaper, electronicstix, cloudsofvapor,

etc...

You can google reviews of each vendor too, and get a balanced idea of how well any misunderstandings were handled or not.

All of this is too much for one post. But, you said you don't have time to research. I laid it out, in one post so you can easily find it again when you're ready. I apologize if this is way too much too soon.

I am a huge fan of the new eVic. I very much enjoy that you are able to adjust all of the settings. Yes it might be a little bolky but I like that because I feel like im not going to break it like some other products out there. Its also very nice because you can use virtually any cartomizer or clearomizer will fit into it. So far out of the 80 I have tried to fit in there, there only one it will not recognize is the green, from greensmart. But besides that one I have not found another yet that it wont recognize. Also it is very technical, when it comes to the computer part of the device. So you plug it into your computer to have it record the days information, and it comes with a pleathera of info. It will tell you everything from how many hits a day you take, what time of the day you like to smoke the most, even the second intake of every hit you that take. All in all its a great device. You can find them on the internet anywhere from $70.99 plus s&h to $104.99 plus s&h. Depending on the shipping you pick, it can take anywhere from 7 days to overnight shipping. Or if you are impatient like me and dont feel like waiting on the shipping, you can always go to pretty much any of your local smoke shops. I would call them first though to make sure they have the product. Now going to a smoke shop your probably going to end up paying a little more. Anywhere from $100-$150. It was most defiantly worth it to me though. Anyways I strongly reccomend the eVic, it gives you great vaping flavor along withe great vaping expierence.

as much as i love my evic i would NOT recommend it for your first foray into the ecig world. The cheap disposables are a different animal then the regular manual ecigs. i would recommend you start with something like the ego twist or a vision spinner or even just a plain old push button battery and a clearomizer. I like the ego but i learned quickly that if your not careful it will burn the crap out of any wick regardless if there is juice in there or not. so that being said im off to rewick my protank atty. LOL!

+1 iMedic.

PS. I forgot to mention that even thought the Provari is VV, it also has a Power Watt Chip of some kind in it that keeps the VV steady the whole battery life through. (the geeks can fill you all in on that, I just know that the strength never weakens as the battery is dying towards a recharge).