Help? Please?

Borisvongoo

My daughter recently bought me a few disposable ecigs and I really enjoyed them over regulars cigs. Since then I've tried a cartomizer and liked it more. I'm torn between what to buy. Should I get an e cig kit like Blu sells, a cartomizer or atomizer or ? I want to get completely away from reg cigs, I like the option of refilling instead if having to buy new cartridges all the time but I don't have enough info or experience to make a decision. What would you recommend? Can I get set up for less than $100? I smoked about 15 reg cigs a day, are e types about the same cost as smoking reg cigs once I'm set up? Thanks for any info and recommendations on soecific types and brands!

I would get an Ego battery and charger or an Ego pass-through, some 510 refillable cartomisers a couple of 510 drip tips and an assortment of eliquid.If you still have a little left a Vision Clearomiser or a Vivi Nova would pretty much have you all geared up.

I started on this kit and was literally off analog cigarettes in three days. That was last Feb. and I haven't looked back. It satisfied not only the smoking urge but felt like a cigarette in my hand.

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/PRO-DSE901-Electronic-Cigarette-with-PCC-Bundle_p_146.html

Just this week, I decided to upgrade to an EGO battery and the vapor is much much more satisfying. However, it doesn't really feel like a cigarette in my hand and I don't know that it would have worked for me as well when I started.

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/eGo-eCig-Mini-Kit.html

Both of those kits are well under $100. I generally buy a 100ml liquid sample pack in 10 different flavors about ever 6 to 8 weeks. When I smoked, I rolled my own and figured it out to be about $0.68 per pack. With vaping I have figured it to be even cheaper at about $0.33 to $0.45 per pack (depending on my vaping habits).

You're a lucky mom to have such a thoughtful daughter. I'm glad you liked it enough to start researching for something that is more suiting to your needs.

The suggestions suggested are good ones.

I switched to vaping 3 years ago, with the eGo and today I use the eGo Twist and the Vision Spinner. They're all great little batteries. The Twist & the Spinner lets you dial the power up for more ooomph whenever you want to. Tork it or mild it, either way. You can vape your eliquid at 3.7volts (mild-ish) clear on through the numbers til you reach 4.8volts. Most of us prefer 3.8volt or 4.2, depending on our eliquid at the moment, or the time of day.

I like the Viva Nova clearomizer thingie on mine. It's easy to fill, provides great flavor, and you can get replaceable coils for when the coils give out on you. Great little gadget that holds quite a bit of eLiquid to get you through many many hours without having to refill.

The ProTank is a good one too.

I use to enjoy the Boge Cartomisers. You can even get these pre-filled at places like eCigXpress.com (they have empty ones too, for you to put your own flavors in).

The cartomisers are pretty easy to use. I always dreaded refill day though. Oh, it wasn't hard to do, I just wished to spend my time doing other things.

Today I spend hours with the RBA. Close your ears, you don't want to hear about these yet. But when you're ready for them, there's nothing better.

Egos are great for beginners... I definitely second that recommendation! Another device I would recommend is the Totally Wicked Tornado, or the Titan Tank if you are fond of the ecigs that look just like real cigarettes.

I also highly recommend Totally Wicked as a vendor to those that are just getting started with vaping. Their customer service will pretty much go to the ends of the earth to make sure you're able to get exactly what you need and get it working. I bought my first APV from them and it came with old school drip atomizers. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get them working. They ended up sending me a clearomizer and adapter for it free of charge just to make sure I was able to use my device. Their tech support is top notch as well, and warranties are fulfilled in house so you don't have to wait a long time for shipping to a Chinese manufacturer.

Any of the above options can be done for significantly less than $100.

Please don't go the Blu route. IMHO Blu is a total rip off. Their juices don't have any throat hit and taste awful, and the prices are seriously jacked up.

+1

You really don't want to hear about rebuildable atomizers (RBAs)....they've ruined my life, and they'll ruin yours too!!!

I havent gotten there yet, if I ever do. I am very very fond of Kanger T2s for cost and ease of filling, size, and cost of replacement coils.

A couple of Spinner batts (I perfer 1300mah) a charger, a couple of Vivi Novas and some juice. Simple easy to use, welcome to the wonderful world of vaping :cheers:

My next purchase will be a VV SmokeTek Winder battery. :) As well as a CE4/CE5 drip tip adapter and a cowboy skull metal drip tip. :P

+1

You really don't want to hear about rebuildable atomizers (RBAs)....they've ruined my life, and they'll ruin yours too!!!

:lol: Have you become an avid collector my dear? You're in good company. Can't wait til my Nahual is finished! :)

I havent gotten there yet, if I ever do. I am very very fond of Kanger T2s for cost and ease of filling, size, and cost of replacement coils.

Take your time. Once you start in, there's no going back. Except, of course, you'll keep the Clearo's for taking to the bar or anywhere you don't want to lose your precious babies. And you'll need to vape one while you're setting one up... unless of course, you have a fine collection of RBA's ready to vape while you're changing one out. Hey! I resemble that remark! :D

:lol:  Have you become an avid collector my dear?   You're in good company.  Can't wait til my Nahual is finished!  :) 

Mmmmmmaybe......:lol:

I blame you for this, you know. When out & about and people ask about my RBA, I tell them Uma made me do it!!!

:p