Questions about 306 atomizers

Okay, Kitsune recommended 306 atomizers to me so I ordered some from Brian at The Veteran Vaper. They came in today and...I'm a little confused. That's not so unusual but here goes.

The 306 has a little rubber cap on the top with a tiny little hole. Okay, so I pop that out and there's another...something with a tiny little hole under that. This is good so the juice doesn't come back up.

My question is this: how I do drip with these? The second thing inside won't come out -- unless there's a trick I don't know about. Is it supposed to stay there? The juice kind of just sits there until I blow into it to force it down.

I did get it to work and it's wonderful but I would like an easier way to drip into these things. Help?

As an aside, Brian sent these out to me very quickly with the same excellent customer service I've come to rely on from him. He even had a note inside (typed because he says his penmanship isn't the best. Jealous, Jeff? :D), giving me an update on an eGo 1000 mAh Twist I'd bought and had a problem charging. For those who haven't read that review from me, I bought the Twist and it charged okay the first time but wouldn't connect the second. When I contacted Brian about it he sent out a new one with a new charger immediately without me having to send him the old one first. Inside the new package was a return label to send the defective-to-me Twist and charger back. At this point we didn't know if it was the charger or the Twist. I was willing to wait while he tested them and then replace the non-working one but he wouldn't have it and insisted on sending me brand new ones while keeping me apprised on what he found out. The Veteran Vaper store is wonderful. Brian is even better! :D

Never mind. Brian just got me going. It seems like the outside cartridge was being stubborn and wouldn't come off. It's working like a charm now! I think I just found the perfect atomizer. Will probably be ordering more of these from Brian soon-ish. :)

It is hard to get those off at first.Don't push it all the way back on cause it doesn't get easier.

Yeah, I got the first hand experience in how hard it is to get off. Lol. Killed one of the 306 drip tips trying to "make it fit" into the cartridge once I popped the rubber tip off. :lol:

Thanks for the tip on not pushing the drip tip all the way back, Mac!

The 306 definitely provides the most aggressive vaping experience of all the drippers I've used. I use the XL Delrin 306 drip tips that most places that sell 306s have, and then you can use your drip shield with 'em, too.

As far as getting the original plastic covers off, always screw the atty onto a battery first, and then gently twist the cap off clockwise and discard it in favor of a 306 drip tip (it's really just a shipping protection cap anyway, and don't pull it straight off...you could pull the atty's metal body off of the threads...done it myself)

Enjoy your new toys, Tam. :thumbup:

The 306 definitely provides the most aggressive vaping experience of all the drippers I've used. I use the XL Delrin 306 drip tips that most places that sell 306s have, and then you can use your drip shield with 'em, too.

As far as getting the original plastic covers off, always screw the atty onto a battery first, and then gently twist the cap off clockwise and discard it in favor of a 306 drip tip (it's really just a shipping protection cap anyway, and don't pull it straight off...you could pull the atty's metal body off of the threads...done it myself)

Enjoy your new toys, Tam. :thumbup:

Thanks, Rixter. I got several of the Delrin XL 306 drip tips with the atomizers just so I'd be ready.

Great tips for getting the pesky plastic covers off. Thanks again! :D

LOL, sorry about that Tam....should have warned you. I had the exact same problem, can't believe I didn't think to let you in on the secret.

How are you liking it now that you have figured out its secret?

LOL, sorry about that Tam....should have warned you. I had the exact same problem, can't believe I didn't think to let you in on the secret.

How are you liking it now that you have figured out its secret?

So far, out of all the different atomizers I've tried, it has the smoothest vape -- although I think I vaped the first one to death between yesterday and today. :(

I'll definitely be getting more from Brian. Now that I know what to do with the outer cartridge and how to remove the darned thing, the five I initially ordered aren't going to be enough. LOL!

Thanks for the excellent rec, Kit. :)