How to clean the Viva Nova Tank and parts

• 1 month later...

Thanks girls,

I keep getting a very nasty taste after using my tank for very long. I think it is because I just keep adding juice to the tank when it gets 1/4 to 1/2 way down. So I am going to try to vape my juice all the way down and then clean it out. I did not know if it would hurt it to take it all apart and possibly water getting into areas it should not be in. So from what I understand I can take it completely apart, run hot water all over it, set it to the side to dry then put it back together and fill back up with juice and I'm ready to go. Does this sound right. Should I make sure everything is completely dry before putting it back together? I'm thinking about going back to the C4s for a while. Especially with wanting to change flavors frequently. Maybe dedicate a different color C4 for each flavor to help keep track of what flavor goes in each C4. When I do this and I am ready to change flavor should I vape all the juice from the C4 I am using then just rinse it out without taking it apart ( if you can )and set it to the side until I want that flavor again. Will that hurt the C4 in anyway? Have a GREAT weekend.

If you're wanting to change flavors a lot I'd go with a Kangor T2 (aka eGo 2.4 ml CC clearomizer - the CC is for changeable coil). Those are the easiest to change things around that I've found and love. The Veteran Vaper sells them. You can get the replacement coils in long and medium wick. With those all you have to do is take out the coil, rinse the tank, put in different coil, fill and vape.

With a CE4 you can remove mouth piece, drain old liquid, rinse with water, let sit overnight (or longer) to dry, refill with e-juice and vape. Keep in mind that CE4 wicks will retain a bit of the old flavor so, if you're changing flavors I'd suggest using a similar one so it won't clash.

If you like changing flavors a lot, instead of wasting juice, why not keep several different clearomizers around filled with different liquids and just change those instead of the liquid inside? Or better yet learn to direct drip. :)

Any delivery system will be fine with a water only rinse... in fact, this is the only method I know of for cleaning any delivery system. You don't want to really use solutions as they can make differences in flavor AND you don't really want that stuff in your lungs anyways.

When I clean my Vivi Nova though, I usually squeeze dry the parts in a towel, especially the wick... sometimes the flavor can be a little weak with the first few vapes if the wick has water in it. Just make sure if you do this it's a towel with no lint or shedding so you don't get fibers all over your parts.

If you change flavors very frequently though you're right about the switching out CE4s thing. I mostly change flavors using my Vivi Nova, but that's because I vape the same flavor throughout most of the day. If you change flavors more frequently than this, it would be a lot less hassle for you to just keep different flavors in different disposable cartos/clearos and switch them around.

Tameiki ,

Do you have any problem with airy hits with your Kangor? I was going to order 1 but when I read up on others reviews I saw quite a few people speak of experiencing Airy hits. If I remember right the Kangor had a couple of other new things about it I had not seen before like Unbreakable glass and filling juice from the bottom. I might have this mixed up with another unit but I am curious as to yours and others opinion on the filling from the bottom feature and the unbreakable glass feature. My Viva Nova has been great but if I buy another one I am going to get the smaller one. Too late on using the C4s though because I found a whole sale site that had a good deal on a box of 12 different colored C4s and ordered them so I could keep my flavors separated with different colors. As cheap as they are I think I could use one until it burns out, then just throw it out and start fresh. I have not even looked to see if they do have replaceable parts. I hope yall are having a great Fathers day.

Do you have any problem with airy hits with your Kangor?

The Kangor T2 has two small holes in the bottom part of the unit. You can easily cover one with a finger or a piece of tape and it will make the draw tighter. I think what you're referring to, though, is the Kangor Pro Tank. The biggest complaints on the Pro Tank was the airy draw.

If I remember right the Kangor had a couple of other new things about it I had not seen before like Unbreakable glass and filling juice from the bottom. I might have this mixed up with another unit but I am curious as to yours and others opinion on the filling from the bottom feature and the unbreakable glass feature.

It's the Pro Tank that has the Pyrex tank. It's not unbreakable because Pyrex will shatter if dropped or banged on something hard enough but it's more durable than plastic and a little harder than regular glass. The T2 that I was talking about has a plastic tank and fills from the top. The wicks are also on the top like the Vivi Nova so you have to tip it to keep the wicks wet once your juice level goes down a bit. The T2 holds 2.4 mls of juice. The Pro Tank fills from the bottom and has the coil at the bottom. Both types have their appeal. Hmmmm. I like them both actually. My T2 I prefer for the mojito and a couple of other "lighter" flavors while I like the heavier, "darker" flavors like coffee, chocolates, etc. in the Pro Tank. Your mileage may vary. :)

Too late on using the C4s though because I found a whole sale site that had a good deal on a box of 12 different colored C4s and ordered them so I could keep my flavors separated with different colors. As cheap as they are I think I could use one until it burns out, then just throw it out and start fresh. I have not even looked to see if they do have replaceable parts.

CE4 is a disposable unit so it's use it then toss when done. There are no interchangeable parts on CE4s. It's the CE5s that have the replaceable coils and tanks and... :)

Edited by Tameiki

Thanks. The CE4 sounds like they are going to make vaping, or at least changing, a lot easier for a little while. If they vape good I may just stick with them. There are so many delicious flavors I'm like a kid in a room full of candy. LOL