New to E-cigs and wasting money

I made the decision to quit smoking about 2 weeks ago. I went to the local convenience store and bought a couple NJoy Kings and was amazed how well they worked but it quickly became apparent that this would be an expensive way to do it. Then my wife and I both went to the local cigar shop and each bought a "Topaz" starter kit with two batteries and 6 cartridges, chargers, etc... We were "advised" this was the best available and I find that hard to believe. Battery life is fine, for now, but the cartridges leak fluid in my mouth. These are Topaz 18mg nicotine cartridges that they said I could refill by prying the end out and using the liquid I bought. This does not work and when I refill these that clearly look like they are made to be disposable it tastes like burning cotton.. My wife is going back to buy the clear cartridge that holds the liquid they sell today to see if this works better but I have a feeling I am wasting money.

What advice would you give me? I want to quit smoking and havent had a cigarette in over two weeks but have spent over $150 on stuff that works ok but leaks disgusting liquid into my mouth even when taking long slow drags and holding the device completely vertical.

Sorry if my question is redundant but havent found specific info in any of the threads on either of the two forums I have looked at all day looking for advice. I do not want to waste any more money on sub-par products.

I always hate seeing these threads because I feel bad about the amount of money people spend. Unfortunately most retailers are pretty uneducated when it comes to e cigarettes. A couple things, are the ecigarette are least working for you? Meaning, are they satisfying your craving?

I would suggest getting an eGo Twist. This battery lasts upwards of 12+ hours and the voltage can be adjusted. (higher voltage means stronger vaper, great for when you're drinking or first thing in the morning) As for what to use to hold liquid. I would go with a Viva Nova if you don't' want to deal with constantly filling or the leaking issue. You may also want to look into cartomizers. They've been around for a while, but they still work great (I've been using cartomizers for almost 3 years and still haven't switched to anything else) How to fill a cartomizer: here. Lastly you'll want a charger: here

So checklist

1. eGo twist

2. Cartomizer or Viva Nova (your preference)

3. Charger

Also when you're checking out you're welcome to ask for a sample bottle of any e liquid and we'll usually throw it in ;) This code will bring down the price 15% also: WG8848K907UY

Lastly if you feel like getting really crazy, you can always look at the eVic (what I use but a bit cumbersome) > http://www.vaportalkstore.com/joye-evic/

Hope that helps!

Yes they are definitely satisfying me. I have now been over two weeks without a cigarette after smoking a pack and a half a day for over 25 years! I actually prefer the fast delivery to am actual cigarette. Just want to buy a quality piece that will last and give good service.

I agree qith Christopher those would be very good purchases .The problem with off brand stuff is you just don't know what to get and we cannot find some of them like Topaz to help you out.It is very likely that Topaz is made by Joye or Kanger and you can get better atomising devices to use on the batteries you have.Hang in there and get the good stuff from a reliable vendor VaporTalk store would one you can trust.

Is the EgoC worth that much more than the Ego T? Like here is 2 EgoT kit with 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers,3 10ml bottles of juice, and all charging accessories for $38.99. I dont want to disparrage the site or what it offers but that just seems like a very good deal.

https://www.vapedudes.com/Ego-Tank-System-1000-mah_p_41.html

Is VapeDudes a reputable site?

After attaching the clearomizer to these cheap batteries I have I definitely like that better, but still want to upgrade as I know these are short life batteries from my research.

Alsowhat is PG/VG ratio and how does that matter?

Yeah i felt the same when i got back into vaping 3 months ago with the blu disposables and then the blu kit i bought, at 15 bucks a pack of cartos that only last an hour it was a waste, had to refill em, still use the blu kit here and there mainly the wifey uses it, but yeah do your homework before you order, i know this site has some good deals on quality products from what ive just seen.

After attaching the clearomizer to these cheap batteries I have I definitely like that better, but still want to upgrade as I know these are short life batteries from my research.

Alsowhat is PG/VG ratio and how does that matter?

pg/vg ratio is how much of the base is used, i think, i always go with 50pg/50vg or 60/40 or just straight 100%vg, seems like vg creates more vape, while pg creates more of a throat hit, most sites standard is 50/50 or 60/40, hope this helps...

Is the EgoC worth that much more than the Ego T? Like here is 2 EgoT kit with 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers,3 10ml bottles of juice, and all charging accessories for $38.99. I dont want to disparrage the site or what it offers but that just seems like a very good deal.

https://www.vapedudes.com/Ego-Tank-System-1000-mah_p_41.html

Is VapeDudes a reputable site?

I read a good thread on here about making sure any vendor is a secure vendor, i think its under the thread "protect your information" make sure they have the credentials/logos on the bottom of the page of the homepage of the site or take it a step further and ask them if you dont see it.

I read a good thread on here about making sure any vendor is a secure vendor, i think its under the thread "protect your information" make sure they have the credentials/logos on the bottom of the page of the homepage of the site or take it a step further and ask them if you dont see it.

just checked it, it seems legit. you gotta be on the lookout tho bcuz there is soooooo many e cig sites out there now.

What Chris said and also what he recommended you get but... instead of the eGo Twist I would suggest getting a Vision Spinner. The Spinner is basically the same as a Twist except you can see the numbers of the voltage indicator much easier. They have 650 mAh, 900 mAh, and 1300 mAh batteries. You'll also need a charger to go with these (usually sold separately but very affordable).

The PG/VG I use most often is just 50/50. More VG means more vapor, smoother hit, but also thicker. Too much VG or 100% VG could clog your clearomizer or tank system you're using. PG is a better carrier for flavor and also gives you more throat hit when you inhale.

The Vivi Novas are great, and if you don't want anything that holds that much liquid - just get the Mini Vivi Nova. A CE4 (aka Vision Stardust) is also good. Kangor's T3 or MT3s are what's called "bottom feeders", these have the wick on the bottom and both are very good and easy.

Welcome and good luck! You'll get lots of help here from a bunch of friendly people. Feel free to ask questions, someone will answer. :D

just checked it, it seems legit. you gotta be on the lookout tho bcuz there is soooooo many e cig sites out there now.

I've bought from VapeDudes before and never had any problems. :)

For $39 for that kit with 3 10ml bottles of any flavor can I really go wrong? I mean it may not have some of the bells and whistles but it seems to have good reviews and I could get the wife and I both a set for the cost of one of the others.

Is this a decent model?

eGo Tank System - Now with Ce4!

Includes your choice of 3 10ml bottles of eCat

1.Ce4 Long wick Clearomizer/Atomizer: 2 pcs
2.Battery: 2 pcs - 1000 mah
3.USB adapter:1 pc
4.Wall charger:1 pc
5.10ml needle tip filling bottle: 1 pc
6.Collector's Gift Box
7.Instruction Manual:1 pc

For $39 for that kit with 3 10ml bottles of any flavor can I really go wrong? I mean it may not have some of the bells and whistles but it seems to have good reviews and I could get the wife and I both a set for the cost of one of the others.

Is this a decent model?

eGo Tank System - Now with Ce4!

Includes your choice of 3 10ml bottles of eCat

1.Ce4 Long wick Clearomizer/Atomizer: 2 pcs
2.Battery: 2 pcs - 1000 mah
3.USB adapter:1 pc
4.Wall charger:1 pc
5.10ml needle tip filling bottle: 1 pc
6.Collector's Gift Box
7.Instruction Manual:1 pc

That looks like a decent starting place but I'd still recommend a variable voltage battery like the Twist or the Spinner. If you're going to upgrade to a better battery now, you might as well go a step farther because if you stick with vaping -- you're going to wind up getting a variable voltage battery somewhere down the line. Usually much sooner than you think. :)

With vv (variable voltage), some juices taste...okay... at the 3.7v that the kit you're looking at has. Turn up the voltage and the difference in flavor could knock your socks off, it's so good.

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=54&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=84

That link takes you to Sweet-Vapes.com. Many experienced vapers on this site buy from them. I've bought many, many bottles of juice from them and know that they're a trust-worthy site. Yes, the price is a bit more but you're also getting more with this set up.

Good luck with your choices! There are so many different things to choose from. :D

seems like a good starter kit for a new vaper, (not too complex and a good price) you will definatly want to order bottom or top coil/wick clearomizers/tanks, tanks that use atomizers can get pretty messy. that way you can fill em up screw it on and your vaping steady for hours without refilling, they come in 1.6ml all the way to almost 3ml, or higher, im still kind of a newbie myself. good luck n happy vaping :cheers:

seems like a good starter kit for a new vaper, (not too complex and a good price) you will definatly want to order bottom or top coil/wick clearomizers/tanks, tanks that use atomizers can get pretty messy. that way you can fill em up screw it on and your vaping steady for hours without refilling, they come in 1.6ml all the way to almost 3ml, or higher, im still kind of a newbie myself. good luck n happy vaping :cheers:

Is the CE4 clearomizer this one comes with a good one? It doesn't use an atomizer the clearomizer replaces the standard atomizer if I read it correctly. There is a note in the description that says they replaced the standard atomizer with the CE4 because it works much better.

Is the CE4 clearomizer this one comes with a good one? It doesn't use an atomizer the clearomizer replaces the standard atomizer if I read it correctly. There is a note in the description that says they replaced the standard atomizer with the CE4 because it works much better.

CE4s are good, just be sure to keep the wicks wet by tipping a little when the juice level goes down. After all the different clearomizers I've tried and liked I still go back to the CE4 periodically. :)

Tanks usually use cartomizers not atomizers. Atomizers are used for direct dripping. :)

yep but the ce4 is a disposable, you will get 7-14 days out of it, maybe more, its good for starters, the ce5, now that one you can buy replacement wicks for at about 2.50 or 3 bucks a pop instead of replacing the entire thing, my set up right now and ive been vaping and analog free for 3 months is the same type of e cig your talking about buying except my battery is a 900mah and charges with a usb, for that price thats a good deal. i paid a little more for mine, if you do have the money tho you might want to check out a ego twist bcuz it goes higher than 3.7volts it can go to 5volt witch can increase flavor/vapor production a little more, personally i like 3.7volts i think its perfect for me and keeps the analogs away, hope this helped ya...

Ok ordered that kit for my wife and I from VapeDudes along with a lot of flavors, found a great deal on Ce4 clearomizers at Sun-Vapers (ordered last night have tracking number already), and ordered the wife and I each a 1300mah spinner and charger, and a few more flavors from Sweet Vapes.

I think we are set, thanks for the advice! Just using this mall garbage until my others arrive will be brutal lol.

Edited by bcartervol98