Bat volts vs coil head ohm

Ok so the batteries I have from our first kit (Joye Ego) are probably over two years old now, and I seem to experience less life, I mean they still work but seem to lose full vape power before half way done. So, I'm looking to get a new battery, but am thinking of upgrading maybe to a twist battery. Thing is, I've been ready to also get a bunch of 1.8 ohm coil heads, but I need a bigger vape than I'm getting now with the 3.2 volt batteries with the 1.8 coil heads. Would it be okay to get the twist bat and up the voltage a bit with the 1.8 heads? I don't want to burn the head out at that ohm.. Or should I try a higher ohm head and turn the voltage up a bit?

The Twist and the Vision Spinner are much the same battery. The main difference I've found is that you can actually *see* the numbers and where the indicator is with the Spinner. I would suggest that.

Right now I have one of my Spinners topped with a 1.8 ohm atomizer. I like to start on the lowest setting and gradually up the voltage so I don't pop the atty with a too high voltage right at the beginning. My sweet spot with this particular juice I'm using now is right around 4.3 volts. My two cents. YMMV :)

Thanks Tameiki. I didn't know you could go that high with volts thru a 1.8 ohm head. So yeah looks like I'll give it a try. I'm thinking I'll get a better vape turning it up a notch or two.

Just keep in mind that you'll want to start low and gradually go up. You might still pop the atty if you're not careful. :)

Oops. No. Sorry! I got this thread confused with the direct dripping one.

These are direct dripping atomizers. Brian has the 1.8 ohm Vivi Nova coil here: http://www.theveteranvaper.com/vision-vivi-nova-long-wick-replacement-coil/

The Veteran Vaper store is excellent and the customer service is even better! Sorry about the mix up but are you sure you don't want to try direct dripping? You can actually change flavors easier this way. :D

To prevent coil burnout, "safe" vaping occurs between 4.5 and 8 watts. If you want to know where to set your voltage, just find the square root of the product of the wattage you desire times the carto/atty/tank's resistance.

For example, if you want to vape at 8 watts, and have a 2Ω cartomizer, just multiply 8 by 2, and you get 16. The square root of 16 is 4. You need to set your variable voltage device at 4 volts to achieve 8 watts.

Using your 2.4Ω heads, 8 watts will occur at 4.4v on your PV (2.4 x 8 = 19.2...the square root of 19.2 is slightly less than 4.4...4.38 actually).

It sounds like a lot of math, but it gets easy once you've done it a couple of times. If math isn't your strong suit, by all means, use a calculator, or just click here. :thumbup:

Edited by Rixter

Ah ok... Yes I used to drip when I first started with the LR atomizer, and I loved it. Just couldn't do the constant dripping every few hits.. But it's a great vape! Wish I would have known about Brians site earlier, I would have ordered the 1.8 heads. I just ordered five 2.4 heads, but with the variable voltage on the new bat I'm hoping for a decent vape with them. But thanks a bunch for your help and supplying those links, appreciate it! I bookmarked Brians site. ;-)

The lovely thing about drip shields is that it's very forgiving to people who consistently over drip like I do. I can put six drops in and, although it gurgles a little, it vapes for more than just a few hits. When it seems to be going dry I just suck without pushing on the button to draw the excess liquid back into the atomizer so I can continue for several more hits before dripping again. :D

You'll love shopping with Brian and The Veteran Vaper. Anything you need, you just contact him and he's there.

Right now I have one of my Spinners topped with a 1.8 ohm atomizer. ...

...My sweet spot with this particular juice I'm using now is right around 4.3 volts.

10¼ watts! You go, girl! :thumbup:

Yes, the light stays on while charging. Also, another nice thing about the Spinner vs. Twist is that when you get the 15 flashes from the button telling you your battery's dead? On the Spinner you can click it five times to turn it off. On the Twist...it's deader than a doornail and won't let you turn it off to charge... :)

Very good.. So now the led light is not lit... Does that mean it's fully charged? Because the regular charger light that turns green when fully charged is flashing red-green-red-green.. Never seen my charger do that?

For some odd reason the Spinner blinks like that when it's almost fully charged. I usually go by the light on the charger (a/c adapter). When it goes a solid green then I know it's fully charged. :)

Ok well what I was wondering was... It's hard to go by the charger lite when it flashes green and red, like I said, my wall charger shows solid red when charging, and solid green when my regular 650mah bats are fully charged. When I went to charge the new spinner, the LED button remained on (which you said was normal) but then it went off a few minutes later. Then my wall charger light flashed green and red, which I've never seen before.

Anyways, I took it off the charger (I'm assuming it's fully charged) and am using it now. So far so good, got it set right between 3.3 and 3.8 volts, with a 1.8ohm

coil head... working good!

Ya, my Spinner charger flashes also. It even turns orange between the red and green all the while flashing green. I just wait until it is a solid green no flashing to unplug. I have found no rhyme or reason to the Spinner button light, it's on when I plug it in and random after that whether it stays on or not and for how long.

Good info ninjabat Thx. Now I'm thinking my new spinner wasn't fully charged when I used it for the first time.. That's Ok, I'll just leave it on the charger all night tonight and see if it's a solid green tomorrow. Got it set between 3.8 and 4.3 volts now. Even better vape! Afraid to go much higher with this 1.8 ohm head. But this is definitely better than the fixed 3.2 volt stock bats. Thing is, my ecig is WAY longer with the 900mah Spinner.

You are welcome 2bsmoke4ee!! Yes, they aren't full but mostly charged when you get them I think, maybe it depends. I honestly don't advise leaving the battery charging overnight. They usually only need 3 or 4 hours and could be a hazard if over-charged. Glad to hear you like the variable voltage, it's awesome being able to add more volts to fix a lame throat hit. Best of luck to you on yer vaping journey!!