Flavor or really Taste question

I am completely new to the game and would really appreciate some advice if you could please.

What is the difference in taste between a 555 and a RV4 liquid ?

I am looking to make a menthol e-cig that kinda tastes like a Salem or Marlboro Menthol analog. So which would be a better start a 555 or a RV4? I want to make my own if the truth be told.

Or would I be better off just going with a rich tobacco flavoring then adding un-flavored PG/VG and un-flavored Nicotene ?

I would like to end up with something like 12% nic finished.

For custom blends like you're talking about, I'd say go to EC Blend and pick yourself out a traditional tobacco-flavored e juice that suits you, and then just add menthol (or cool shot) to taste. Or you might want a little more control over your mix than that, in which case you could "Create Your Own" menthol e-liquid. With discount code "10020", it's just two bucks for a 5 ml. sample bottle + shipping (cheap).

ECBlendChemist_left__69642.1332795117.12

Edited by Rixter

Thank you both, Rixter and mse12. There is just so much out there and it gets confusing even with taking notes. I want to make something close to an Analog, which I know is almost impossible, and spice it up with a bit of Menthol.

I have only been vaping a very short time but my taste buds are trying to make a comeback. The Menthol E-juice I bought just does not have ENOUGH tobacco taste to it to take away the need to grab an analog a couple of times a day. I have spent a nice chunk of money for batteries, some decent ones, along with a good clearomizer.

I am very very close to trying my hand at DIY e-juice, after next payday of course. LOL SO maybe I should just get some small sample bottles first and play around yet for a bit. But I have been bitten by the bug. And am down to 2 or 3 analogs a day.

Thank you both again.

The smokiest ones I have found are Wenston and Hillington Dekang from Ecigbestsave or Litecigusa.Add alittle of a menthol to one of those and you should be ok.All the tobacco flavors from those two are very good and I switch up with them all.

Elixirliquid.com has great tabaccon tastes. Greens is Marlboro Menthol, Reds Morboro Red. Side to side with real thing proper setting it is dead on. THey have other tabacco including na texas sweat blend that taste dead on. Personally I am aimig naway from the real tasting, to keep mind of the cig world and to stick with vaping.

All right thanks for the information guys, I have made note of them. Being new at this all information is helpfull. Bank account is not, but information is. I don't need a bunch of half empty bottles sitting around, LOL

You know...if you don't want to jump in at the deep end of DIY, like Rixter suggested above, try EC Blends. They allow so much customization of their juices that it could ease you into it without having to buy all the supplies a la carte. Their $2.50 for 5 ml is very reasonable for trying new flavors and their shipping is very low.

Thank you Tameiki, I am getting close to trying my hand at DIY jucing very soon and have an idea or two to play with. I do like the idea of mixing boughten E-juices, but I think I am about ready to get wet junk all over the table, LOL. The idea of tinkering just sounds too tempting not to give it a go. I will start small at first of course until I find what I really like.