How much is TOO much?

GaGa

Hey everyone so I've had my eGo C twist for 3 days now and have been off analogs ever since! I love it! The only gripe I have is that I seem to be using it A LOT! I have 24 mg menthol v cartomizers that are sold by joye tech, I've already gone through one cartridge and I'm on my second, my boyfriend was also using the first cartridge so I can't say how much I really used but in your opinion what is considered a dangerous amount of puffs? I was smoking for 5 years and the past couple of months I was smoking anywhere from 2-7 cigs a day since September. I have been keeping the voltage between 3.2 -4.0. Any opinions or info is welcome!

Congrats for switching over completely already!! Just relax, and vape as needed. If you get dizzy, just slow down a bit until you can switch to a lower nic strength. I like to have the whole variety of mg strengths at my disposal... sometimes I need stronger, like for work breaks, sometimes I need a lot less, like when chain vaping at the computer. You'll find what works best for you and your system as the days fly by.

Right now, your lungs probably can't yet handle a deep inhale... it's only natural to vape more often, to compensate for that. It all evens out in the end.

@uma thanks for the reply! That does seem like a good idea to have different strengths at all times since I AM chain vaping! It's so much better than having an analog though I can tell. I still feel satisfied, sometimes I do have an urge to have a regular analog but after a few puffs the craving goes away. It's amazing! I'm also VERY excited about the skin benefits as well, I can tell my complexion already looks a LITTLE better, have you had any skin changes that you noticed? I think ill make a post about that too.

You're welcome. :)

Also, if you save your empty bottles, you can mix a 24 with a 0 to suit your "overall" needs. Mark your new bottle, seal it with clear tape, and voila! (unfortunately not all stores carry the flavored 0-mg, but many do, so keep looking if you don't find it).

haha, yes! I hear you on the complexion! I expected to get acme for the first time in my life (chemical changes in the body), but instead I got something else I'd never had before in my life. Rosey Cheeks! What a thrill that was! Because I smoked steadily since age 11 (and off and on trys since age 7), I really missed out on things I didn't know I was missing out on before. I love vaping!!

You're welcome. :)

Also, if you save your empty bottles, you can mix a 24 with a 0 to suit your "overall" needs. Mark your new bottle, seal it with clear tape, and voila! (unfortunately not all stores carry the flavored 0-mg, but many do, so keep looking if you don't find it).

haha, yes! I hear you on the complexion! I expected to get acme for the first time in my life (chemical changes in the body), but instead I got something else I'd never had before in my life. Rosey Cheeks! What a thrill that was! Because I smoked steadily since age 11 (and off and on trys since age 7), I really missed out on things I didn't know I was missing out on before. I love vaping!!

WOW! Steadily since age 11? Off and on since 7?? That's hardcore Uma !!

Edited by DAYVAPE

Since I started vaping I've found I do it much more than I ever smoked. When I switched over I was going through 3/4 of a pack of Marlboro Lights a day. That's why I keep a variety of nic levels available. Like Uma, I vape 24 (very rarely used), but it's very handy when I can't vape as often. Lately, that's been my go-to level. Other times when I'm chain vaping I stay around 6 mg although I do have some flavors at 0 mg.

From what I've read most of us vape more than we smoked. Congrats on putting away the analogs and go get some more juice! :lol:

Congrats on getting off analogs!!! Myself, a 20+ year smoker, I've been off them going on 4 weeks now....and yes, I vape waaaay more than I ever smoked. So much so that the 24-26 mg liquid I started with was making me sick. Needless to say, I am now at 12mg, and happily chain-vaping to my heart's content. As long as you're off analogs, and have found your perfect nic strengths, there's never such thing as too much!! My lungs still haven't recovered to the point that a good throat hit in the morning won't send me into an asthma attack, but its getting there. I'm already looking into getting a VV device (vision spinner 1300 mAh), so I'll be able to design my perfect Vaping day. Again, Congrats on 3-days off the cigs!!! :D

Edited by CascadianExotics

I'm vaping constantly. It seems like much more so than I smoked. My fiancee and I got small cases for our eCigs to make it a little more like a regular smoking experience. That's helped me curb the urge to have it in my hand or mouth all the time, but I still find myself using it far more often than I would have ever reached for a cigarette. The flip side of it is that you aren't tied to the burn duration of a cigarette. So, you take two to five puffs, set it down and do something else before coming back to it for another two to five puffs. If you set an analog cigarette down for this length of time, it will smoke itself and you wasted a cigarette. Therefore, I'm estimating that overall, I'm likely vaping about the same amount that I actually smoked...it's just that it seems like more because my eCig doesn't waste itself or grow shorter over a period of time.

Just over a month now with no analogs and I've been vaping myself silly. Actually have to make myself slow down to avoid the dizziness and inevitable headache. I love it though and will not go back to burning....

My wife told me the other day that the reason that she prefers 18 mg. over 24 mg. is because she loves to vape, and she can't vape as much when she's using higher nic levels. I'm the same way...I just love vaping, and only use higher levels at work when I can't vape as much as I'd like to. It just goes to show you that many of us enjoy vaping more for the taste than for the nicotine.

My wife told me the other day that the reason that she prefers 18 mg. over 24 mg. is because she loves to vape, and she can't vape as much when she's using higher nic levels. I'm the same way...I just love vaping, and only use higher levels at work when I can't vape as much as I'd like to. It just goes to show you that many of us enjoy vaping more for the taste than for the nicotine.

I'm pretty sure I could give my wife zero nic and I doubt she would even notice it doesn't have any.

I second this. I started at 24mg, then down to 18mg, now i'm down to 12 and looking to move down to 8 soon. I love vaping and i just want to watch my nic intake.