e-liquid on hands

Amie

I have been vaping for a week now, I am so excited that I no longer feel the need for a cig. I went to a new vapor store close to my house and the guy quickly mixed my liquid and ran through the procedures of putting it together. A few days ago my mom was asking how it works. Me being a newbie I opened the wrong piece and got it on my hands. I washed my hands within a couple of minutes. I cleaned it up but ended up with some in my mouth as well. The next day I woke up with hives on the back of my legs. I took Benadryl and it went away. Last night my husband and I were on the way to a restaurant to eat, I ran out of fluid and decided to refill in the car. I ended up getting it all over my hands I washed my hand as soon as we got to the restaurant but the liquid was on my hands for a good 5 mins. Pretty much immediately my fingers started to swell a bit. I blew it off until about 5 o'clock this morning when I woke up to my hands itching and swollen. From now on I will ware rubber gloves when refilling liquid. I was just so excited to not be a smoker now I'm afraid that I might actually be allergic and I know nothing else has worked for me like vaping. Has anyone had this type of experience?

I've never experienced any reactions like that. I would proceed with caution. Allergic reactions could end badly. You may try to find out what you are allergic to. You can get both 100% of either pg or vg juices which will hopefully eliminate any reactions.

On the surface, it sounds like an allergic reaction to either PG or VG. I don't know the ingredients in the juice you bought, but don't panic. From everything I've heard, people that are allergic to e-liquids are usually allergic to the propylene glycol in PG-based e-liquids, but can tolerate the vegetable glycerine in VG-based e-liquids with no problem. I've not heard of any cases where a vaper was allergic to both.

From the Electronic Cigarette Weekly article entitled "PG vs VG, what's right for you?":

"As with anything, some people may be allergic to either PG or VG. These allergies are typically very minor and are noticed by tightness or a tingling sensation on the jaw. A small percentage of people, around 2%, develop more serious irritations. If you find yourself having an allergic reaction to one, try the other."

EC Blend has a good selection of All Natural & Organic 100% VG and 100% VG Base juices at very reasonable prices (5 ml. sample bottles for $2 with coupon code) and fast shipping. Use coupon code: 10020 to receive 20% off any e-juice order.

Edited by Rixter