Best E Cig Starter Kit?

GaGa

i posted a topic in the new members forum before and i had gotten some pretty good answers but i thought this might be a better fit for my topic. so can anyone give me some e cig brands that are high quality and that have from your experience tasted very close to the same as an analog? ive learned that it will never be exactly the same but being a newbie and not wanting to make my own liquid i just want some good suggestions, and what i should look out for and not purchase. ive been looking for a starter kit similar to V2, but ive heard V2 is not the best. any information will help thanks :kiss:

Welcome to VaporTalk!! Let me first say that there really aren't any e-juices that will taste like a true analog. Though, there are some terrific tobacco flavors out there. Believe me, after a couple weeks of vaping all sorts of delicious liquids, you really won't miss cigarettes all that much. As for an e-cig that is close to an analog, there are many options to choose from. Most commonly recommended would be a KR808 or a 510 kit. I believe both come in both automatic and manual (push-button) versions, as well as two and three piece setups. There are plus and minus aspects to both. If you like ease of setup, and no fuss with your device, then the 808 would be a good choice for you. If you like to tinker with things, then get a 510. Do some research, soul searching, and ask a lot of questions. You may find that neither will suit you, and wind up jumping feet-first into the world of Vaping, and buying an eGo kit, or a mod of some sort. This forum is filled with friendly and knowledgeable people ready to help you whenever you need.

When my fiancee and I recently made the decision to quit analogs and go over to eCigs, I did a lot of research. The "best" eCig for beginners is what you are comfortable with and what you need to help you get away from the "real thing." To that end, I wanted something that was close to the feel of a real cigarette, had a PCC (Portable Charging Case...both for charging batteries and for the habitual feel of having to open an actual cigarette pack for my cigarette), something that produces good vapor/flavor, has options, and is overall reliable. Initially, I was glamored with all they media hype of the Blu Premium Starter Kit. Luckily, I kept my wits about me, continued my research, and found a better option for us. We decided to go with a DSE901 Pro kit with PCC from AquaVapor and ordered them with manual batteries. The choice to go with the manual batteries was because we wanted to be able to try direct dripping with less worry of damaging the battery since we're newbies at this (automatic batteries are not sealed). The DSE901 will use cartridges with atomizers, cartomizers, drip tips, and even a tank/atomizer combo...so the choices for options are all there. The size is similar to a real cigarette, the PCC feels like a pack, and the unit has a good history of being reliable. There's a lot of information out there and it really just comes down to going through it all, watching the video reviews, and separating hype from reality. It took me a good couple of weeks to go through it all.

Thanks everyone for your answers!

@JeffB I'm looking for something that does resemble a cigarette, I've noticed that the suggestions people are giving me, while I will consider it seem to be large and I wasn't expecting that. And as far as flavor I smoke menthols so that's what I think will taste the best to me

@arnold I live in the US

@cascadian thanks for the honesty :)

@synther yes thank you I've been getting those answers very often. You do bring up something that I do not quite understand though, you said you were turned away from the Blu e cigs like I was to the V2, why is it exactly that people seem to turn away from them? Is it the taste? The quality if the main stream e cigs that resemble actual cigs just don't work as well? I'm just trying to learn as much as possible before I make a purchase

GaGa, normally it's the battery life that's the turn off. I have found some batteries that are really descent from Smokeless Image and is called the Volt. I have the 78mm batts and I'm getting 3 to 4 hours of vaping which is not bad for a cig look-a-like. I believe they are 320mah :cheers:

i am a newbie, been vaping for a month today! i got an egoC twist 1000mAh (big, long lasting battery)and a couple clearomizers. i was actually looking for something that resembled analogs in feel, look, and taste as well, but i was talked into the kit i bought. i have to say, i do not regret the purchase one bit. i enjoy the convinience, just fill it up, charge it for a couple hours, and im vaping the day away. theres a ton of flavors out there, you can add menthol to any taste u like. i hope u find something that fits your taste and lifestyle!

@cascadian thanks for the honesty :)

@synther yes thank you I've been getting those answers very often. You do bring up something that I do not quite understand though, you said you were turned away from the Blu e cigs like I was to the V2, why is it exactly that people seem to turn away from them? Is it the taste? The quality if the main stream e cigs that resemble actual cigs just don't work as well? I'm just trying to learn as much as possible before I make a purchase

The turn off for me was the battery life, as Viper Ron stated, but also a lot of the reviews that I had read on the quality of the overall kit. I've heard that the rubberized tip that holds the Blu battery in place in the charging pack wears out and you can no longer charge your battery. Also, Blu markets their cartomizers as being disposable. In reality, you can refill them but from all the reviews that I read, you can only do so about three times due to the poor quality of the atomizer inside the cart. The only option with the Blu eCig is the automatic battery, which in addition to not being sealed I find to be harder to draw on than a real cigarette. You have to take a long and slow drag to get good vapor on an automatic battery (says the guy that is vaping on an automatic battery Fifty-One Duo right now...). With a manual battery, you can press and hold the button to heat up the atomizer for a second before you take a drag on it, which produces good vapor and you don't have to suck your face inside out to get the vapor you wanted in the first place. All of this combined sold me on the DSE901 over the Blu, and at about $25 cheaper with the discount code through site that I got it at.

The only option with the Blu eCig is the automatic battery, which in addition to not being sealed I find to be harder to draw on than a real cigarette.
With a manual battery, you can press and hold the button to heat up the atomizer for a second before you take a drag on it, which produces good vapor and you don't have to suck your face inside out to get the vapor you wanted in the first place.
Synther made a lot of good points. The manual button does give you more control. However.... Analogs and E-Cigarettes are similar in the "cigarette" part of the name only. After that, its apples and oranges all the way. Drawing on an e-cig utilizes a different technique, and requires a bit of practice. This is a big reason a lot of people return to smoking....they just do not get the hang of it, and give up before they even start. (Don't get scared just yet...this is something you will get accustomed to after a couple days, and will become practically second-nature after that.) There are some good articles on this, and "the other forum" regarding the proper inhalation technique required for vaping. The articles cover the spectrum of drawing vapor on both a manual as well as an automatic battery. In short, it is up to the end user, and the use of proper inhalation technique that make all the difference in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gaga,

I am new to both this forum and vaping. I started vaping about 3-4 weeks ago after much time spent doing research about which products had the best feedback. After all my research I decided to go with Green Smoke. This product is a bit more expensive as far as cartomizers go however, I do love their product (flavor, vapor, and decent lasting battery) not to mention customer service is awesome! I have ordered from them 3 times, and received the products very quickly, usually within 4 or so days (I live in the US so if you reside elsewhere I don't know how long shipping will take).

I, just the other day, ordered some adapters from V2 (which means I can use my Green Smoke batteries) and I am going to try their cartomizers and e-juice. I also plan to order the mentol e-juice from vapor talk as I have found a lot of really good feedback about this particular (menthol) product.

I hope this has helped you a little with your journey into the world of Vaping.

• 2 weeks later...

i got the inferno kit from volcano. it's nice but looking back i would have went with a 650 ma twist, a real small ego batt, mini vivi nova and charger and a bottle of juice for the same price. it's basically the same but with a better tank and a variable voltage battery. then i'd have something tiny to throw in my pocket instead of taking off the tube tank and throwing it all in an altoids tin.

Hi Gaga. You looking for e-cigarettes right? Its a good alternative of smoking. I want to suggest to vapor couture its best for women. Energy power and alternatives are designed to go with, but of course you can mix them if you so wish. Energy tip even has an fashionable look, with a faceted amazingly style in several different shades. generally e-cigarette is not so thin and light to the get in touch with, and we can know how this product was designed for the women market.

• 4 months later...

i posted a topic in the new members forum before and i had gotten some pretty good answers but i thought this might be a better fit for my topic. so can anyone give me some e cig brands that are high quality and that have from your experience tasted very close to the same as an analog? ive learned that it will never be exactly the same but being a newbie and not wanting to make my own liquid i just want some good suggestions, and what i should look out for and not purchase. ive been looking for a starter kit similar to V2, but ive heard V2 is not the best. any information will help thanks :kiss:

We started with the V2 and found the hit just wasn't enough...moved to Ego Twist and LOVED it. I stayed with the egos adding the E-cab mod for when I go out (fits great in pocket or purse!) and hubby moved up to the Vamo. Lots of Ego kits in the market place here! It took me so long to find a juice though. I finally found Blue Ice from Baker Vapor (great prices!!) and that is my go to flavor, but I also love the raspberry lemonade! Now I have about 30+ bottles of flavors I tried and didn't like but use them to let people sample when we are at a flea market or other venue to sell or I let friends try so they can sample flavors!

I was able to get a nice ego kit , two e cigs with clearos for 29.99 and I've had them almost a year now. On the analog type, I use the V2 and refill the carts. I prefer a protank or nice clearo for all of my vaping paraphernalia but I do think you need to have at least one analog kit. That's when I take one to the doctors office . Sometimes price is not equal to quality. Sometimes it is. That's the hard part of being a newbie and I've done this for almost a year and I'm STILL newbie. I'm seeing more and more sites take pay pal now so that should really raise some sales.

Edited by jeffb

Many of the people I have turned onto E-cigs (actually ony two) seem to like the mini Ego's. You can get a kit for around 30 bucks that includes 2 450 mAh batteries which are greater capacity than most stick batteries yet are still compact. The kit in this link also includes clearos:

http://www.valuevapor.com/VV/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1365