Igo-L Dripper

mse12

Well NO thanks to Uma, lol, I have caught the RBA bug. Tonight I ordered an IGO-L dripping atomizer. This thing appears to have potential. Stainless steel construction and for under $20...actually make that less than $15. Really? Ha! This should be fun! I plan to set up a silica loop wick on it and we'll see how that goes. Anyway it should be here in a few days and as always be ready for pics and questions. Happy Vaping! B)

If anyone's wondering why I've not updated this please ask the lovely USPS sorting facility in Brooklyn NY...it sat there for what appears to be almost 3 full days before moving....not cool. :wallbash: Hopefully will have this in my hands this time tomorrow.

Well I finally received this after what felt like an eternity. This is just an ultra quick first impressions before I go into work tonight. When I have time I will post pics. Well I made two trips to the mailbox today before finding my package waiting on me. Talk about stalking the postman...lol. Well I opened everything up and the igo-l was there in a tiny clear plastic baggy. No box even..ok, no problem I did only pay $13 so that's fine. This thing seems pretty small. The width and height are great though once I strapped it onto the device. My new "gyro" drip tip seems to complete the look fairly well. After washing it up in hot water and drying it I was off. I had a silica loop wick setup with a new coil in less than five minutes. I metered the new coil and was kinda sad to see it only coming in at 1.0ohm. Oh well no worries. I added juice without the cap on and it was firing like a champ. I did several burns with the cap off to make sure all was in order. After being satisfied with the vapor production and coil I slapped the top cap on. First drag and wow does this thing need to be drilled out! This hole is far smaller than what I'm used to with my AGA-S. I don't even know how small this hole is but it makes for a seriously stiff draw. Definitely ok to vape but I really prefer a larger hole/less restrictive draw. Well these are my first impressions. I've dripped upto about 11 drops at a time with no ill-effects. I have been adding about 5-6 each time to top it out. :D I urge anyone wanting a super cheap dripper to check this out. For less than $15 you can't honestly go wrong, even with the small hole. I look at $5-7 atties that I've purchased in the past and just laugh because I know those days are well behind me now. I hope to set this up with a braided ceramic wick in the next few weeks so we'll see how that goes. Like I said earlier I will post pics when I get the chance! Happy vaping, and happy b-day VT!

Edited by mse12

Here are the promised pictures. I apologize about the quality of the vapor production ones. I'm using a long exposure time with a low iso and small aperture. This provides the desired result but the focal area leaves a little to be desired. Enjoy the pics. I welcome any and all comment/questions. :D Click on the pictures to see the bigger ones. These are taken with it on a puresmoker Legacy standard. The coil is sadly only like 0.8 ohms...not good for me, lol between that and the tiny air hole it's like a throat hit from the Hulk. :2guns:

post-14739-0-85646900-1358453983_thumb.j

post-14739-0-48524700-1358453986_thumb.j

post-14739-0-29880900-1358453981_thumb.j

post-14739-0-24810300-1358453982_thumb.j

This one below shows the difference in air hole size between the Igo-L and the AGA-S...while very small difference in appearance there is a HUGE difference in performance.

post-14739-0-34133600-1358453979_thumb.j

post-14739-0-57913300-1358453990_thumb.j

post-14739-0-58384200-1358453993_thumb.j

Edited by mse12

Well I did find the drill bit I needed for this! It is a 3/64 and now the draw is right on! Sadly I drilled the one hole and busted the bit. That sucks but at least I know what size. I guess they weren't kidding when they say it's made of SS. :D

• 3 weeks later...

My IGO-L is dead. It suffered the same fate as my AGA-S. Delrin melts at 347o. The positive post is obviously housed inside a delrin sleeve on this model. It was a fantastic dripper and I'm sure there will be a new one in my future.

• 3 weeks later...

Talk about me being an instigator! Look what's on my Poldiac today, thanks to you. lol.

post-1865-0-54808700-1361812326_thumb.jp

Hopefully my delrin won't melt too soon. Shame they do that. :(

I am liking how easy it is to taste test flavors. I still need to buy a diamond drill bit to enlarge the airhole. (thanks for the tip!).

I have a feeling that I'll be saving up for an eBaron Spiral Drip Genny sometime this year.

Talk about me being an instigator! Look what's on my Poldiac today, thanks to you. lol.

Hopefully my delrin won't melt too soon. Shame they do that. :(

I am liking how easy it is to taste test flavors. I still need to buy a diamond drill bit to enlarge the airhole. (thanks for the tip!).

I have a feeling that I'll be saving up for an eBaron Spiral Drip Genny sometime this year.

Any drill bit will work. It just takes time and a gentle touch. I used an old generic bit that worked like a champ. Just put a very minimal amount of pressure and run the drill slower. It'll cut through it I promise.

Good to know that even the regular bits work for that.

I watched the VapingGeek video (Dimitris) where the guy drilled out his cap's airhole and the amount of vapor released afterwards was so sweet. Hopefully they'll make the airholes larger in the future runs, but for now at least there is an easy fix.

I know right. I love my Poldiac!! I got it from MMVapors.com. The Drip Tip was a surprise find at DiscountVapors.com (where I got the IGO-L). I must say, though, that DV is really stingy with their silica and wire. Need binoculars to find it lol.

• 3 weeks later...

These are a great little cheap $14 dripper, great for learning the ropes. I think PBusardo has a review on them.

The delrin will melt when introduced to heat above, say 375(?), so be careful when drying the parts before use. I believe MSE used a toaster oven, and it was a bit too hot.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked one of these up and been enjoying it so far. I've built 5 coils, the first 2 "worked" but weren't enjoyable at all. I had hot spots all over the place and my coil was sitting way too far away from the posts.

My last 2 coils have performed great, starting to get the hang of it i think. I have noticed it seems to gunk up quickly, 3 or 4 days if that's all i use. Have you experienced that all Uma? I'm using nichrome wire, i don't know if switching ti Kanthal would make any difference? Who knows.

Once i have the wrapping and building coils down i think i'm gonna pick up an AGA-T+ or maybe a DID. Still not sure, gotta do more research on what else is out there, but i think i like the look of the AGA-T+ better than any of the other gennys i've seen so far, which isn't many lol

I've only wrapped once so far, just received it not too long ago. Yes, they gunk up fast, no matter the wire, it's the nature of the beast. But they're easy to rinse out, carefully dry burn, and you're set to go. There are tons of video's on youtube for cleaning the dripper type (silica rope) rda's. Shoot, some peeps even set them up with mesh wicks. Very versatile.

If you go the SS mesh route, be sure to get the Genuine DID (the D16 is the most popular one, but they're all great). from MMVapors.com Check out the "clearance" space for "blemished" mark down ones if you aim to save a penny.

If you can't yet afford the genuine, then I would recommend the AGA-T+(2) or the RSST (AC9 clone) either one. The RSST has a thin top cap, gets really hot when chain vaped, but otherwise is a great little atty! The AGA-T+/2 is usually great... every batch can be different, it's always a crapshoot, but so far, they are all vapable, workable and are touted as SS material.

(don't get a did clone, you'll cuss it all the way to the bin. They are known to have crappy insulators, wobbly center posts, chrome plating over brass, and so on and so on).

Oh, if I heard right, the RSST, can be refilled using the typical long nose bottle, instead of the syringe. btw. :)

In any case, no matter which one you get, you'll love it! There's a lot to be said for self-sufficiency in times like these. :)

Edited by Uma

Thanks for the advice! What's the D## mean for the DIDs? Looking at MMvapors and all i'm seeing is the D20 and D16. They're a little more pricey than i'd like, but we'll see if i can convice myself to spend that much by the time i finally pull the trigger :-p

The D stands for DID, and the # stands for the diameter size.

DID = D20, it was the original one he first introduced to the market. It's a great one for learning the curves on, it has a large 20mm diameter, and is roomy enough for big knuckles and klutsy newbies. It holds a lot of juice, 3.5ml. This was the first one I ever bought, and it's still in my daily rotation. It is a slightly cooler vape than the smaller ones, which is great for certain juices, times of the day, and during colds and flu's. The wickhole size is a nice 3.5mm. This wicks awesomely!

D16= the Temon atty. This atty was built with the Temon in mind, and looks fabulous together. (Temon is one of his small 14**** size mod holders). It has a great warm vape, is easier to set up than the D14, a little bit tighter space than the D20, and is a huge favorite with all the vapers who've tried it. It's comparable in vape to the coveted and hard to get HellFire attys, yet easier to set up. That says a lot! It looks nice on all mods, and holds 3.0ml of juice. The wickhole diameter is 3.4mm, just as nice as it's bigger D20 brother for all your wicking pleasures.

D14= the Mini DID. The Mini DID is the smallest of the family, at 14mm diameter. It fits the Twists/Spinners beautfiully, yet also looks nice on all mods. It has a beautiful warm vape, juice tastes great, and the wickhole is a nice 2.8mm believe it or not, on the tiny 14mm size base. (most tiny gennies like this avg 1.8-2.1). I'd be lost without my Mini, I really love it. It holds 2.0ml of juice. It is a lot smaller than the others, less roomy for learning curved newbies and big knuckles, but once mastered, it's a piece of cake. It has a thumbscrew refill screw, which can be replaced with a flat screw for big knuckles or flat ribbon wire, or just because. I prefer the thumbscrew myself, because it makes it easier to refill on the go. (no tools needed).

Gemini = D14 but with a larger juice tank. It will hold 2.5ml of juice. It's almost the transformer of the family, because the tank can be put on upside down or right side up. This one looks great on the larger mods, like the Poldiac or Roller, or what have you.

D22= the next one to be released soon. 22mm, with SS cover over a pyrex tank. (that's all I know so far, and everyone's on pins and needles awaiting it's arrival on the shelves).

The DID series is Stainless Steel, safe for all juices. You can also pick up glass/pyrex tanks from IbTanked and also at MMVapors if preferred. All wickholes are aligned perfectly away from the negative and positive post both, for fewer hassles with hot spots. The AIRhole in the top cap is precision drilled so that it always lines up with the wick. The caps are twist on, and won't come off at whim. They're great for travel and at home both.

I sound like a saleslady lol. But, I do love the DID series, they're built like a tank, and will outlast whatever I put it through. Yes, they're a bit pricey, compared to the china productions, but they are built to last. You still need to change out the insulators from time to time as they wear out (once a year or so), but overall, they're indestructable.

The China productions, AGA-T+/2 are a lot cheaper for learning the curves on, and should hold up to daily wear and tear pretty well now that they are made out of SS. The insulators are stronger than when they first came out, but they're not top quality by any means. (expect to replace those right away). The wickholes are small, and most vapers are drilling them out larger in order to get a better vape. (easy to do). You'll probably want to pick up a couple of SS washers at size 2.5mm I believe, in order to lessen the top coil hot spot. It used to be difficult finding the spare parts for these, but gradually more and more vendors are finally carrying some. (hoosiervapes ie).

The DID (MMVapors) will be less aggravating to set up without hot spots and dry wicks than the AGA-T+, but the AGA-T+ will be cheaper to learn on. It's a tough call. Either one can be a great big pia on any given day, lol, but the DID has fewer pia days because it is more precisely thought out in terms of spacial relations, wick sizes, airhole size, ...the whole 9 yards. BUT, you can, like I said, find a fix for all the AGA-T quirks on youtube, so... .. have fun!! Get both. You know you will anyway. :D

Edited by Uma

That's a great plan! and yes, you'll be wanting more than one, trust me. :)

There are so many great attys out there, and more and more coming out every day. It's almost impossible to stay off a "list" when one grabs our attention. Being able to sit back, relax, and vape through the decision making processes.

Want to feel better? One of the ones that I super drool over, the Kayfun III es, and the mini version too, is $250.00!! Crazy stupid expensive. But, next year, there will be more versions of it, and just as many prices. In the meantime, I sit back and relax with a great genny on a great mod. Life is good even when it's aggravating. :)

I got my IGO-L the other day and was waiting for a few more parts before i put it together. Cleaned it up and built a sad looking coil, that came out to be 2Ω. A little higher then i wanted, but that's ok its on my 1300 Spinner for now as my Vamo is still "awaiting fulfillment" :( Seems to be doing well at 4.8v, monster vapes, the hole does need drilled out tho. One tip for drilling it out, go slow, light pressure and use Veggie oil as a lubricant. Gonna go hunt down some 100% cotton yarn and play with that as a wick. No dry burns, but I cant seem to find silica wicks anywhere and im not sure i want to use em anyway.

• 3 months later...

Just bit the bullet, and went to my local vapor lounge, and picked up an Igo-L.....

Of course, I cannot leave well enough alone, and drilled out the air hole to 5/64".....seems to have cleared up any inflow issues caused by the hole sitting lower than the wick.

Honestly, I'm fairly happy with the purchase, and now need to get better at working in such a tight place. My first RDA build vaped well (3/2 wrap of 28awg kanthal for 0.8 ohm), but looks pretty sad, LOL!!!

I bet your wrap was better than mine, LOL!!!! When it comes to Genny's, it has become so easy to wrap a beautiful coil. But, when it comes to RDA's......I have soooooo much to learn.

BTW: the W is SWEET!!!! I almost bought one because it looked so good on my Sigelei #8.....maybe once I master the Igo-L......

haha, don't feel bad guys, RDA's are a p.i.a. for me to wrap too, for greatest production. I can get half/arse just right though! ::pat self on back:::

I ran across a nice picture tutorial on an RDA. I think it's for the bottom fed ones, but it should still work just great for the regular.