Igo-L Dripper

mse12

i really like it. Only problem is im having troube tracking down silica in a reasonable length for the price. Im NOT going to pay 20 for a 2ft section of it. lol thats just plain ridiculous!

Can't quite follow what you are saying, lotsa silica wick on eBay at good prices.

This seem decent:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3mm-High-Quality-Silica-Rope-Wick-Temp-Res-1600-C-Perfect-for-Attys-Wholesale-/111118122684?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19df27febc

15' of 3mm wick + 10' of 32g Kanthal for $10.80 shipped. Should put you at ~ 60¢ a rebuild.

More options.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.Xsilica+wick&_nkw=silica+wick&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Hope I don't have to do any drilling, but then again, I like a good stiff/tight draw. 

*That's what she said* :lol:

Congrats on your purchase!!! These drippers are great for getting your feet wet into the world of RBA's.....

On a side-note, I got my second coil build up and running. Think I'm getting better at it, because it only took me two hours, four attempts, about 6-inches of Eko-Wool, and my Igo didn't go flying across the room more than once!!!! :D

Seriously, if I have to do any drilling, I am just gonna throw the darn thing in the garbage or give it to someone else and perhaps get a Bulldog, Phoenix, or something else. Or else stick with my regular tanks and clearos.

Edited by ArnieH

They are great but there is a learning curve. I had to buy some 2X reading glasses and THEN I could see the posts really good!

I know a lot of you guys don't like ECF but there is a thread over there about building micro-coils that I read(long) and learned A LOT about coils and wicks. I'm using plain 100% pure cotton wicks now. They work fantastic and can be changed in minutes.

I liked this so much I bought a Duece Dyno for $18? and it has thumb screws (still need to snug w/pliers) and 2 neg. posts for dual-coils!

Here it is on my new Kamry,

post-25132-0-84995700-1374527473_thumb.j

Dana

Edited by moses195

Ok, here's my noobie impression of the IGO L. First time dripper here.

Nice box, almost as nice as the Protank box. Included was the IGO L, what looked like two O rings, and 4 peices of wick which were already wrapped in coils (2 wicks each), and a tiny screwdriver.

The connection is a sealed one. Testing the built in coil on my multimeter gave me a reading of about 1.7 ohms which is close to the 1.6 advertised by Fasttech. The included drip tip is cool. There is only one air flow hole, but not a problem for me.

At first I tried it in my mechanical mod (with low a low battery at 3.58 volts), not much happened vapor-wise. But when I hooked it up to a fully charged VV Ego everything was good. It seems to like higher power/voltages..

Vapor production: Excellent, better than my tanks/clearos

Throat hit: I did notice a more intense throat hit with my 50/50 juice than I usually get with my tanks and clearos. So that is good.

Flavor: From what I had read about dripping, I was expecting an extravagandza of flavor, but it was more like a little fart. Same flavor/taste that I get with my tanks and clearos.

Does seem to be a more intense vape overall. Being new to this, I put to much e-liquid in at first and got gurgling, flooding, leaking through the air hole. But after I removed the excess and the atomizer was "primed", 3 or 4 drops is all it takes to top up and re-saturate the wicks. Any more than that seems to flood it.

Overall I like it. A nice toy. :yes How useful is it? Well it is useful for tasting/sampling juices, either other peoples or your own DIY. And a VV/VW device seems to suit it so you can find the "sweet spot". I still prefer my tanks though, but when I have the time I can have the luxury of a drip.

Now, need to figure out how to open this sucker up, let me check on this thread and I beleive Pbusardo has a vid on it,

Edited by ArnieH

Screw it on your mod and twist clockwise on the top of it to get it to loosen and pull up. It's only held together by o rings. :)

Thanks, it looks like the very bottom comes off, the rest of the unit looks like it is a single solid piece.

• 4 weeks later...