Alternative To Atomizers

Hey everybody,

I've been vaping for about 2 years or so and pretty much have just used the same system the whole time. I bought a Riva 510 when I started and upgraded to the ego Twist when that came out. I've been using that with both joye LR atomizers and standard atomizers.

My problem is that after trying many different brands of atomizers I have found that there is little to no consistency from one to another, regardless of the brand. As one starts to die I'll replace it with another and its replacement will either burn too hot, or (more often than not) seem to barely work and not provide a decent throat hit regardless of what setting I have my Twist at. This is incredibly frustrating and I'm about to lose my mind.

I like using atomizers because they allow me to be able to switch flavors very easily and are low maintenance. I've tried cartomizers in the past and really don't care for them. However, at this point I'm willing to do anything that will allow for the best vaping experience, in particular provide a consistently strong throat hit. Any suggestions for an alternative to what I'm doing now would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

When I started dripping I was using joye 1.5 ohm LR atomizers. Have to agree with you: they're not consistent. Then, Rixter on this forum recommended Boge 2.0 LR atomizers and I've been hooked on them ever since. Out of ten only one popped within a day. The others have lasted quite a few weeks each. That might be worth a try?

It sounds to me like you're ready to start building your own to suit. The Rebuildable Atomizers are great, I have the Genesis type (ss mesh wick) and absolutely love it.

There are dripping rebuildables available too. (silica rope)

There are ones like the Spheroid, with carto fluff filler, but the fluff never gets burnt because it never touches the coil. (great for tobacco flavors ).

Even the non-dripping Genesis type attys are easy to change out the juice, with a syringe. Plus you can still drip on them if you want, just don't forget to replace the top cap! ouch!

I gotta throw my hat in the ring with EmpireMods Premium Bridge Free LR901 1.5Ω atties. I've tried 'em all and these always come out on top for flavor and longevity. They're unrivaled at 8 watts (IMO).

From the product page:

Just arrived, these are our Premium LR 901 Atomizers. This is a bridge free atomizer featuring a customized draw and seating for the 1.5ohm coil. This is an exclusive atomizer design to EmpireMods and we feel it is one of the best 901 experiences out there. This atomizer provides incredible flavor for the end user and there is no break in period at all on these atomizers. (Stainless steel finish)

They provide a very consistent vape and they're pretty much the only drip atty I use anymore. Since there's a hole in the side, you need a drip shield. At $7.49 + shipping, they're a little pricey, but I usually get at least a month out of one.

I just wish they made a 3Ω version so as not to push so many amps through my switches. (You hear that, Empire Mods?) :yes

I gotta throw my hat in the ring with EmpireMods Premium Bridge Free LR901 1.5Ω atties. I've tried 'em all and these always come out on top for flavor and longevity. They're unrivaled at 8 watts (IMO).

Which battery do you use these on, Rixter? I bought some from your rec awhile ago and never got them to work like you describe. I'm using them on my eGo twist. Do I need a stronger battery to get the best performance from these? Not sure what wattage a twist produces...

The unit shouldn't matter Tami. Your twist doesn't put out a certain wattage per say. It produces a certain voltage, that combined with the resistance of the atomizer/cartomizer/whatever is what overall wattage your'e vaping at.

For example right now i'm vaping at an even 4 volts on my Provari Mini with a 1.7ohm atomizer and that gives me a total wattage of 9.4some watts.

If i were to use a 3ohm atomizer at say 5 volts my wattage would be roughly 8.3 some watts. I usually like to vape within the 8-10 watt range. Anything more is overkill FOR ME. Remember like everything else with vaping everyone likes different stuff. What works for me may not work for you. What troubles exactly are you having with that specific atomizer Tami? Because like Rixter that's one of my favorites.

Here's a helpful site for you to figure out what wattage your'e vaping at btw if your'e ever curious. All you do is plug in the voltage your'e vaping at and the resistance of your delivery system and hit calculate and it will tell you the overall wattage.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm?E=3.2&I=&R=&P=

It's been awhile since I've used them but if I remember correctly, I just didn't get as strong a vape (flavor, throat hit, vapor) with the 901s as I do with the 2.0 ohm Boge atomizer. I'll play with the voltage on the twist and spinner to see if I just missed my sweet spot. I was still relatively new to dripping when I got these so that might've been the problem right there.

Thanks for the tips, Blu. Good to have you back! :)

Which battery do you use these on, Rixter? I bought some from your rec awhile ago and never got them to work like you describe. I'm using them on my eGo twist. Do I need a stronger battery to get the best performance from these? Not sure what wattage a twist produces...

Actually, with the EmpireMods Premium Bridge Free LR901 1.5Ω atties, you probably shouldn't be using them at much more than 3.5v (about 8 watts). I've tried them on standard eGo batteries (3.7v) and it's a bit too hot for my taste. Like I've said before, I really wish they sold standard and high resistance versions, but all they sell are low resistance atties.

Ikenvape, on the other hand, does sell very good standard and high resistance bridged 901 atties, which are fine by me because I don't mind atties with bridges...you can always remove the bridge if it's not to your liking.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Boge 2Ω & 3Ω 510 atties, but there's just something about the performance of 901 atomizers that's different from 510s (or 306s). Maybe it's the vent hole in the side, but to me, they're consistently the best tasting atties I've tried. I've compared the two side by side many times and the 901s always come out on top.

I've never tried the AVAs or HH-357s because the 901s work so well for me that I can't justify the prices on those.

By the way, are you using a sealed or unsealed 510 to 901 adapter when you use the 901s? I've always used the sealed adapter, and It just occurred to me that it might make a difference in the performance. With sealed, all of the airflow is coming through the side, but with unsealed, you'd be getting some airflow through the bottom, too. Just wondering.

By the way, are you using a sealed or unsealed 510 to 901 adapter when you use the 901s? I've always used the sealed adapter, and It just occurred to me that it might make a difference in the performance. With sealed, all of the airflow is coming through the side, but with unsealed, you'd be getting some airflow through the bottom, too. Just wondering.

I've tried both the sealed and unsealed adapter. Like I said, when I first tried them it was when I was new to dripping so that might've had something to do with what I experienced at the time. I'll give them another try now that I've been dripping for a while to see if I experience a difference. So far nearly all of your recommendations have been great, it's probably just me on this one. :D