What Is The Mod Of Choice These Days?

It's been a while since I bought a mod... Heck, I feel like ive been out of touch for a few months. Anyway... My iPro has been plugging away like a champ, but I am kinda looking at picking up something new. What's the latest favorite? Are people still Gaga over lavatubes? All the shops I go to now seem to be high on the provari, but I seem to recall people weren't too high on that before. Just checking in to see if there was some new hot thing I missed before I decide...

I just got a Sigelei Zmax VV/VP kit from VariTube.com ($89.95 shipped) and I gotta go with that. The kit came with the Zmax body, two 18650 2200 mAh batteries, battery charger, zippered case, 18650 & 18350 battery caps, and a clearo...and no battery rattle. :thumbup:

I almost bought the Vamo, but by the time you figure in two batteries, battery charger, case, clearo, and shipping, the Sigelei Zmax is actually the better deal price-wise.

gallery_15088_188_32992.jpg

Vamo-variable-watt-apv-gunmetal-banner_w

SmokTek's Vamo

Now, if you already have batteries, charger, case, and clearo, Smoktek's Vamo body-only price (with shipping) is $64.50 vs. $72.95 shipped for VariTube's Sigelei Zmax body.

The Zmax and Vamo have the same circuitry and functions, but the Zmax is machined out of solid (vs. stamped) stainless steel, which gives it a very substantial feel, even with no battery in it.

gallery_15088_188_10807.jpg

My two favorites...eGo Pass-through VV & Sigelei Zmax VV/VP.

Edited by Rixter

guess i'll go against the grain and put a vote in for the Provari. i've had mine for months now and love it. i have the mini.

it's not vw but i can honestly say it does everything i want it to do and always leaves me satisfied. the warranty and customer service provape offers are second to none (literally). and that alone in my opinion helps justify the cost of the unit. that being said, i don't think you'll find another mod that's built as solid as the Provari or that has the longevity of it, none of these newer mods have been around long enough to say that for sure obviously but while all the old lavatubes are dying or having multitudes of issues people still have their original v1 provari that they bought 2 years ago.

just my opinion. :)

guess i'll go against the grain and put a vote in for the Provari. i've had mine for months now and love it. i have the mini.

TS_Cadillac-Eldorado-(1971).jpg vs 2010-TAG-Heuer-Tesla-Roadster-2-300x225.

While the Provari is the Cadillac of PVs, the Zmax is more like the Tesla of PVs...and, yes, as a matter of fact, I do want both. :yes

Edited by Rixter

it's not vw but i can honestly say it does everything i want it to do and always leaves me satisfied. the warranty and customer service provape offers are second to none (literally). and that alone in my opinion helps justify the cost of the unit. that being said, i don't think you'll find another mod that's built as solid as the Provari or that has the longevity of it, none of these newer mods have been around long enough to say that for sure obviously but while all the old lavatubes are dying or having multitudes of issues people still have their original v1 provari that they bought 2 years ago.

just my opinion. :)

Exactly, those other devices may 'do more things', or have a few more options... but they just simply are not built nearly as well as the Provari. Not a chance. Therefore, I must second the Provari, especially if you want something that is both durable and beautiful ! You really DO get what you pay for when you are talking about the Provari vs. mod-x.

So I went ahead and ordered 2 VAMOs... one for me, and one for a friend.

The screen on one of them shipped broken (one of the numbers wouldn't light up). Both had the battery/old spring issue. I went out and bought some nipple-topped batteries, so we will see if that fixes it in the meantime.

I emailed Smoktek... so we will see what happens!

I like the Vamo as a first mod. It has the right price point and looks awesome. But you might also consider a bottom fed box mod. The only real advantage is that you don't have to fiddle with tanks because it just uses a juice bottle. I'm sure there are pros and cons to both tube type and box type. I use a Reo Grand box mod and have been thinking about thier VV Reo Grand. It lets you turn the power up and down also. Which ever you get you might also look into rebuildable atomizers. I got one and love it. It helps you get a much bigger hit and when it burns out you just replace the wire.

Bottom fed box mods at Reosmods:

http://www.reosmods.com/

When you're ready for an all Mechanical type Mod, go to MMVapors for the Poldiac. (and all the fun things he's invented/inventing to make it hy and extra gorgeous). It's going to be a household legend in no time at all, mark my word!

Less than $100 compared to what? The provari? The poldiac? The provari is hardly touched in build quality and customer satisfaction. I don't even own one and I know that much. I own a vamo and while a decently functioning mod it sucks in both build quality and my satisfaction at this point. I'm on my second vamo due to the first one falling apart, the vendor replaced it which was good but on this second unit the "gun-metal" finish is wearing off in less than the first week of use. So that's a big fail. I understand the price is the biggest selling point and I'm not arguing that but it can't really compare to the provari just by price tag alone. If I had bought a provari as my first mod I'm 99% sure I would've not bought four different mods. That's just an assumption and I'm not attacking you I just don't see a real comparison between the two. This is just my $.02. :pirate:

As for the poldiac that's like one of the ferrari's of the vaping world. We all look and drool but only a select crowd ever really buy one. Talk to Uma for info on that one as she just ordered hers. :D