Pretty Disappointed With Cartomizers... Need Some Advice

AR7K

Hello.

I've recently got several of these cartomizers:

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-mega-dual-coil-cartomizer-emdcc-black/

and I've even made a topic about how it tasted kind of burnt and really harsh here.

Well, because it tasted so harsh and burnt even after a long time of vaping after dripping several times, I figured it could be the flavor (since this was a high nicotine tobacco flavored juice I've never tried before) so I tried cleaning it by bathing it in hot water and letting it air dry for a few days to change the juice flavor. Then I put in some familiar juices I've tried before (cola) and tried vaping with that, but now, it tastes so stale and dry. In addition, the vapor is warm which just tastes disgusting. Also, I'm not getting a whole lot of vapor production. This has taught me that cleaning a carto is a bad idea and I should probably not do it like I do it with my atty.

I should probably crack open another one just to give it another chance since so many people have said that cartomizers, specifically this one I've purchased are great, but I just find the taste so bad, bland, and unsatisfying compared to the regular atty and I feel like I'm wasting my juice just to experiment with it.

My questions are, can you just drip a different type of juice if you want to switch up flavors (I have heard the mixed juice tastes pretty bad)? How do you know when it's time to drip more juice? Lastly, how can you tell when the carto is dead and needs to be switched?

Sorry for the long text, but I would appreciate some help. I would love to get used to using a carto just because of the conveniency.

Thank you and have a good day.

Hi, I have used these a few times but have not experienced anything like a burn taste from them, i have used them on a ego type battery as well as a VMod V2 in unregulated mode, what voltages or watts are you putting though them,

Carto`s and indeed tanks can taste horrible if you don`t let the old flavour finish, i personally would use a new Carto for a new flavour, especially if a tainter juice has been put in it (Menthol, some chocolate, chilli chicken and Diablo Loco to name a few) .

For Carto`s best practice is keep topping up every 10+ tokes, depending on the size of the carto, that way its always topped off, although one that takes as many as 40 drops should last a fair few tokes before becoming "dry", it all depends on your "Vaping" style and how often you take a toke, not very helpful but everyone has a different method of enjoying the act :) .

you will be able to tell when the carto is dead..it will not work..lol, but usually you will notice a "Drop Off" in performance well before the actual carto goes dead on you, although not always.

I didn't read your whole thread because I just got to the office and I haven't had enough coffee this afternoon, but I did see your using Dual Coil. Those are meant for high voltage devices and do not work well at all on a standard eGo (not enough voltage to power them) Instead you'll want to use either an LR boge cartomizer or Standard Resistance Cartomzier on the eGo. You'll notice quite a bit difference :)

What you need are these: (I'm using these right now actually)

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/boge-510-cartomizers-matte-black/

or these: (These burn pretty hot and will tear through liquid quite a bit faster than the ones above, so be sure to keep an eye on that when using them)

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/boge-lr-510-cartomizers-matte-black/

Thank you so much for the advice.

I guess I'll try the Boge cartos.

Give another EMDCC a try. They hold about 90 drops... any more and it will flow out the bottom. If you get the same experience and don't like them, shoot me an email or PM and I'll give you a store credit and you can order some Boges to try (I think I know who you are, but want to make sure the right person gets the credit). I've used them on a regular eGo battery and they work fine. They will drain your battery faster though, and if you have an old battery it will really drain it fast. However, as Chris mentioned, I like them best at round 4.1-4.4V. When I use a new one, I'll start off at 3.5-3.7V and then crank it up to 4.1ish after a few hours of use.

I've used eGO carts. I know the burning taste you're talking about. It may be from the carto being so big and it holds so much that if part of the polyfill isn't saturated, if will burn and that taste is almost impossible to get out. I used to just pour tons of liquid in the carto and wait for the polyfill to soak it up. I'd then take really light puffs just to make sure and then add a few drops just to be safe. I will also go back and add drops every few hours from heavy vaping.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IMHO, I think that the Boge LR510 cartos tend to have more of a burnt taste faster than the EMDCC. I've never had a burnt taste with the larger carto. Probably because I realized that if I didn't allow it time to cool off & wick up more liquid, I would burn the atty up in it. So after I wasted about 6 Boge, I opened two of the larger ones & I rotate them. So far, so good. I haven't burnt it up yet. I'm having the same problem with tanks too. So I'm just using the EMDCC's for now.

I just now found a vape that I like enough to try to put in the Vivi Nova, but I don't want to waste the juice if I mess it up. (This Dragon Blood is liquid gold.) So I'm holding off on it for now.

That burnt taste sure is discouraging isn't it?

Good Luck!