Vamo Variable Power, Vv Apv, Rev.2 - Chrome

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved mine today, no bueno.

After over a hour of fighting with it I have actually got it activate about 4 times.

Freshly charged AW IMRs and IMRs read 2v or lower.

No matter what the resistance on the atty or carto, get error code for short.

As I have basically tried everything possible, I think I got the "Dud".

I will have to wait till after Xmas to hear back from them.

alekos:

some of units had a bad spring inthe tube carefully stretch spring ( I broke the solder connection on mine when I tried it ) but even if you break solder connection you can still streach spring and it will make good connection . that is prolly your units problem , fix that and enjoy, I set mime on rms at 12 watts . Good luck

Mine came with a extra spring, so I installed.

After putting in a fresh battery I could get maybe 2 or 3 activations. Then the unit would not fire, Check battery level....1.2v or similar.

Check battery with multimeter 4.2v. Then no matter what battery you installed it would read low voltage.

Give it a hour or so with no battery and you could put in a battery and get a couple puffs.

If you checked resistance with Vamo it would read correctly, then the next activation or maybe 2 the unit would show atty as being too low.

Same thing...give it some time with no battery, and it would act normal for a minute.

I think I just got the dud.

The vendor had me send it back, (now I just hope it will act up for them.)

There is always going to be some small failure rate with equipment, so it is no reflection on the vendor.

I ordered the gun metal one and just received it in the mail. This thing is beautiful. :)

I'm going to order one myself...

Just curious though... is the gunmetal really as bad as everyone says when it comes to fingerprints??

Other than that... you're liking it thus far, correct?

I just read a very informative review about the Vamo/eGo Bamboo/Vision APV by Steve K here. He mentions some major differences between single and stacked battery operation.

Vamo-review-full-body-300x179.jpgvamo-review-short-mode-300x199.jpg

(Excerpts from the review)

"To be honest, this device is at its best with two batteries...

...With dual batteries, the Vamo has to pulse everything to bring the voltage down which means my rudimentary test gear can’t pick up readings, so I’m going with how everything feels to me. Still, I’m pretty confident this device is working as it should...

...Running dual coil cartomizers at high voltage is no problem with this device, which seems to be the case with many dual battery devices. The thing didn’t really even break a sweat pushing a 1.5 ohm dual coil at 5 volts...

...In short, it’s a night and day difference between single and dual battery modes on this device...

...The Vamo has a number of battery configurations it can use, but unfortunately, only one of those configurations actually works well. Still, it performs quite good if you are comfortable with dual battery devices"

It isn't really clear to me if he's referring to a single 18650 vs stacked 18350s, or if he means a single 18350 vs stacked 18350s.

Has anybody here tried one of these with stacked 18350s yet, and if so, did you notice any substantial performance difference?

Edited by Rixter

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines