Question About Atomizers For Ego Batteries

Tam

Okay, so I've been direct dripping for a little while now. So far I've had wonderful luck with all the various atomizers I've used. Just recently I opened up a new Boge 2.0 ohm atty and... the vapor was extremely harsh. The thing popped several times and makes a strange little almost gurgling noise when I draw from it. None of the other atomizers in that pack had this happen.

Does this mean it's a bad one? What are your experiences with bad atomizers and what are some of the "symptoms" of one?

Any information you can give is greatly appreciated. :)

Since you've been dripping for a little while, I figure that you know what you're doing now. If your atty isn't performing like your others have in the past, I'd guess that it's probably a defect and just chalk it up to a bad coil wrap or something funky with the wick. Sputtering and/or poor vapor production are usually signs that you have gotten hold of a bad one (duh), but sometimes you can blow them out (from the threaded end), blot the inside with a tissue, and drip a few drops in to get it going. I've had some strangely performing atties come my way in the past, and if said atty continues to act "contrary" (as we say in the Deep South) and all else fails, I just toss it and grab a new one.

BTW, have you received your 901s yet?

Since you've been dripping for a little while, I figure that you know what you're doing now.

Doesn't matter how long I've been doing whatever, Rixter, I still don't know what I'm doing on any given day. :lol:

Yes, I've gotten the 901s and have used them. They're a bit different from the 510s I've been using. I'm still not sure what I think of them but they've been pretty good so far! Thanks for the rec. They're nice to switch off to...

Ha! I just hadn't found the right combination yet until I tried it again tonight. A 3.5 ohm 901 at 4.0 on a Twist with Sweet-Vapes' 12 mg, 70/30 PG/VG mix of Pineapple Upside Down Cake... OMG. *dies* I think I just found heaven!