Does Amount Of Ohms Change The Flavor Of The Ejuice?

It would seem like the higher ohms like 2.4 and 2.8 make the juice have more of a menthol taste instead of the other flavor I have in the ejuice. I got down to 1.8 and I don't taste as much menthol as I did and the coil is really crackling unlike the other 2 I had in it. I am on 4.1 volts now and I don't get a burnt taste either are the atomizer heads possibly labeled wrong?

I think you thinking Volts. The higher the Voltage The hotter the coils or heating element gets. Most standard batteries are 3.7 (I think, somebody will correct me if I am wrong).

at 1.8 you wouldn't get much heat and less flavor.

For me I find that 4.8V is my sweet spot.

Yeah its a combination of ohms and volts they work in conjunction with each other to provide a good wattage to vape at. Different juices perform differently with different wattages..... ( did I use differently too much? :D)

Yeah I went as far as 4.2 but then it tasted badly burnt. Not sure what the deal is but I thought the highest you should get 1.8 is 3.8 from what I read. Am I wrong or is it just that the atomizer head in the clearomizer isn't working properly?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I went as far as 4.2 but then it tasted badly burnt. Not sure what the deal is but I thought the highest you should get 1.8 is 3.8 from what I read. Am I wrong or is it just that the atomizer head in the clearomizer isn't working properly?

Volts and Ohms determine Watts and Amps...Amps are what kill the atty if they get above the 2.5 range.

Watts = Volts x Volts / Ohms

Amps = Volts / Ohms

Actually Willmon (guessing sir by the avatar) yes the ohms do affect the juice. Lower ohms bring out a dominate aspect to a flavor, while higher ohms will give voice to each component of said juice. In other words if I'm using a 1.8ohm single coil and a 3.0ohm single coil and running both at 9w, the flavor will still be different (this is why variable wattage isn't a set it and forget it deal that it's been hyped up to be). It's part of why dual coils where created, they give you the vapor production and throat hit of a low ohm carto, with the flavor profile of a medium to high ohm carto.

hello willmon22 , in fact, the ohms does not effect the flavor taste.if it is small ohms and high voltage, it will produce more flavors and each hale you get more flavor and more nicotine and so you will a different taste. but it is only a difference of strengh of the taste.

I've always played around with different ohm levels with different flavors. I know some juices do not "like" lower ohms (chocolates and cinnamons in my experience) but it's always nice to play around with the different voltage and ohm ratings to see where your "sweet spot" is. I found my sweet spot is at 4.8V with 3.0ohm cartos. I like the soft throat hit with plumes of vapor and flavor :).

• 5 weeks later...

Coil ohms is only one part of the equation. Ohms and the voltage combine to heat the coils to a certain wattage. If you push a 1.8ohm coil to 8 watts it will be the same in my experience to pushing a 3.0ohm coil to 8 watts. The amps will change between the two but the end result, atomizing the liquid will be the same. Just my 2c. I don't have the experience to notice any small differences. A good vape is just that, a good vape. Regardless of how it gets there I'm happy.

If you push a 1.8ohm coil to 8 watts it will be the same in my experience to pushing a 3.0ohm coil to 8 watts.

Exactly. There might be more wraps in a 3Ω coil than a 1.8Ω coil, or a different type or gauge of wire, but I can't tell the difference in the two when the wattage is the same.

I couldn't disagree more.

The fact is that 8 watts is 8 watts is 8 watts...no matter how you get there. I've done side-by-side comparisons over and over again, and there simply is no detectable difference.

Take two identical VV batteries and put a Boge 2Ω carto on one set to 4v, and put a Boge 3Ω carto on the other one set to 4.9v, and vape the two rigs side by side. They taste the same, they sound the same, they vape the same, they consume juice the same. I've done it too many times to believe otherwise.

There is nothing magic about it...it's simply V² / R = P...nothing more.

Fewer coil wraps, produce a faster vapor.

More coil wraps produce a more flavorful experience, but takes longer to heat.

Are you suggesting that one may out-wick the other by design, providing more liquid through the coil and resulting in stronger flavor? I'd buy that in theory, but I still can't tell any discernible difference in taste or performance between them when equally powered. With the right juice, I get excellent flavor from both setups, but no difference in flavor between the two. :smoke:

Here's a question. If you have the same wattage output using 28 gauge Kanthal as using 32 gauge Kanthal is it the same experience? Of course I'm talking about genesis atomizers in particular.

Nope, because the 28gauge is thicker, which changes the Resistance.

Are you suggesting that one may out-wick the other by design, providing more liquid through the coil and resulting in stronger flavor? I'd buy that in theory, but I still can't tell any discernible difference in taste or performance between them when equally powered. With the right juice, I get excellent flavor from both setups, but no difference in flavor between the two. :smoke:

The lower 28 gauge wire is thicker, there is more material for the juice to hang up on and linger, which keeps the flavor coming at ya, and the wick wetter as well. The 500 mesh has a stronger matrix which attracts and holds more liquid, so your mesh wick is always wet too. Taste is subjective, but, there is a slight difference for most vapers. If not today, then maybe tomorrow. Our tastebuds are always changing on us.

I think there are too many variants playing into this. Juice, device, wire gauge, wick size, wick material, battery output, etc...let's all just enjoy a great vape! :D

Very true and :vapor: :cheers: I'll drink to that.

Edited by Uma

Here's a question. If you have the same wattage output using 28 gauge Kanthal as using 32 gauge Kanthal is it the same experience? Of course I'm talking about genesis atomizers in particular. Nope, because the 28gauge is thicker, which changes the Resistance. Are you suggesting that one may out-wick the other by design, providing more liquid through the coil and resulting in stronger flavor? I'd buy that in theory, but I still can't tell any discernible difference in taste or performance between them when equally powered. With the right juice, I get excellent flavor from both setups, but no difference in flavor between the two. :smoke: The lower 28 gauge wire is thicker, there is more material for the juice to hang up on and linger, which keeps the flavor coming at ya, and the wick wetter as well. The 500 mesh has a stronger matrix which attracts and holds more liquid, so your mesh wick is always wet too. Taste is subjective, but, there is a slight difference for most vapers. If not today, then maybe tomorrow. Our tastebuds are always changing on us. I think there are too many variants playing into this. Juice, device, wire gauge, wick size, wick material, battery output, etc...let's all just enjoy a great vape! :D Very true and :vapor: :cheers: I'll drink to that.
I knew someone would bite. Lol! It absolutely is not the same experience. 28 gauge Kanthal is obviously thicker in diameter. Hence covering more surface area of the wick, which in turn comes in contact with more juice at once. Don't believe me try it. I've done it and the experience is absolutely noticeable. Sometimes we all get caught up in the math when at the end of the day it's something subjective like how we experience 8 watts that throws it all out the window.