Does Amount Of Ohms Change The Flavor Of The Ejuice?

I knew someone would bite. Lol! It absolutely is not the same experience. 28 gauge Kanthal is obviously thicker in diameter. Hence covering more surface area of the wick, which in turn comes in contact with more juice at once. Don't believe me try it. I've done it and the experience is absolutely noticeable. Sometimes we all get caught up in the math when at the end of the day it's something subjective like how we experience 8 watts that throws it all out the window.

That's it in a nutshell. Well said CaseAce!

This only really applies to genesis atomizers when using different gauge wire. When using a low resistance 510 atty or a standard resistance 510 the difference isn't noticeable because it uses the same gauge wire. The only difference is the length (amount of wraps) of the wire.

I knew someone would bite. Lol! It absolutely is not the same experience. 28 gauge Kanthal is obviously thicker in diameter. Hence covering more surface area of the wick, which in turn comes in contact with more juice at once. Don't believe me try it. I've done it and the experience is absolutely noticeable. Sometimes we all get caught up in the math when at the end of the day it's something subjective like how we experience 8 watts that throws it all out the window.

While a larger gauge coil wire has more surface area and vaporizes more juice at any given point in time (which may provide more or stronger flavor due to more juice being heated at once), I don't believe that there is any difference in the flavor between LR, SR, or HR coils vaped at identical power, as stated earlier in this thread:

...yes the ohms do affect the juice. Lower ohms bring out a dominate aspect to a flavor, while higher ohms will give voice to each component of said juice. In other words if I'm using a 1.8ohm single coil and a 3.0ohm single coil and running both at 9w, the flavor will still be different...

:yes

Edited by Rixter

I knew someone would bite. Lol! It absolutely is not the same experience. 28 gauge Kanthal is obviously thicker in diameter. Hence covering more surface area of the wick, which in turn comes in contact with more juice at once. Don't believe me try it. I've done it and the experience is absolutely noticeable. Sometimes we all get caught up in the math when at the end of the day it's something subjective like how we experience 8 watts that throws it all out the window. While a larger gauge coil wire has more surface area and vaporizes more juice at any given point in time (which may provide more or stronger flavor due to more juice being heated at once), I don't believe that there is any difference in the flavor between LR, SR, or HR coils vaped at identical power, as stated earlier in this thread: ...yes the ohms do affect the juice. Lower ohms bring out a dominate aspect to a flavor, while higher ohms will give voice to each component of said juice. In other words if I'm using a 1.8ohm single coil and a 3.0ohm single coil and running both at 9w, the flavor will still be different... :yes
Yes using standard attys, cartos, clearos that use the same gauge wire running at 9w would taste identical. When you start using different gauge wire it is not the case. You could make a 2ohm coil with 32g kanthal and one with 28 gauge kanthal and they taste way different. So much so I could pick them out blindfolded.

I knew someone would bite. Lol! It absolutely is not the same experience. 28 gauge Kanthal is obviously thicker in diameter. Hence covering more surface area of the wick, which in turn comes in contact with more juice at once. Don't believe me try it. I've done it and the experience is absolutely noticeable. Sometimes we all get caught up in the math when at the end of the day it's something subjective like how we experience 8 watts that throws it all out the window. While a larger gauge coil wire has more surface area and vaporizes more juice at any given point in time (which may provide more or stronger flavor due to more juice being heated at once), I don't believe that there is any difference in the flavor between LR, SR, or HR coils vaped at identical power, as stated earlier in this thread: ...yes the ohms do affect the juice. Lower ohms bring out a dominate aspect to a flavor, while higher ohms will give voice to each component of said juice. In other words if I'm using a 1.8ohm single coil and a 3.0ohm single coil and running both at 9w, the flavor will still be different... :yes
Yes using standard attys, cartos, clearos that use the same gauge wire running at 9w would taste identical. When you start using different gauge wire it is not the case. You could make a 2ohm coil with 32g kanthal and one with 28 gauge kanthal and they taste way different.

*NOTE*

Just to be clear, some of the statements in the quote bubbles in posts #30 & #31 were mine, but some belonged to others.

Post is the post in which I replied to CASEACE79's comments and responded to Morandir835's claims.

(I just didn't want anyone to think I was contradicting myself) :no

*NOTE* Just to be clear, some of the statements in the quote bubbles in posts #30 & #31 were mine, but some belonged to others. Post #29 is the post in which I replied to CASEACE79's comments and responded to Morandir835's claims. (I just didn't want anyone to think I was contradicting myself) :no
i got ya Rixter and my post wasn't to call you out but to clarify and reiterate what I and you were saying. And we thought Ohms law math was the most confusing part of this conversation. Lol

I'm still enjoying a great vape while yall duke this out! Here here! Cheers to wire gauge battles! :D;)

That's also it in a nutshell! The Genesis produces wonderful consistent vapor at the basic 32gauge #400mesh and the 30/500 adds a bit more flavor. Every juice is different... and being able to fine tune our attys into our favorite juice... priceless!

They're all good vapes!! Can't argue that. It's just fine tuning from there. No fighting, just experimental brainstorming.

i got ya Rixter and my post wasn't to call you out but to clarify and reiterate what I and you were saying. And we thought Ohms law math was the most confusing part of this conversation. Lol

Oh, I know...I just saw where all the quotes were in one bubble labeled "me" and wanted to clarify. Absolutely no conflict here. :no

I'm still enjoying a great vape while yall duke this out! Here here! Cheers to wire gauge battles! :D;) That's also it in a nutshell! The Genesis produces wonderful consistent vapor at the basic 32gauge #400mesh and the 30/500 adds a bit more flavor. Every juice is different... and being able to fine tune our attys into our favorite juice... priceless! They're all good vapes!! Can't argue that. It's just fine tuning from there. No fighting, just experimental brainstorming.
Funny thing is one of my favorite juices I can't stand in a genny. Good ole carto tank produces the flavor I like for that juice. I can't stand Bobas in a genny. All you taste is the honey note. No spice from the tobacco, no gram cracker. It just doesn't work for me.

Go figure, eh. Have you tried the 500/30 or 500/28 for Boba's yet, at different ohms? A lot of flavors, like tobacco flavors, often taste better in the carto or cart. The Spheroid would be a good RA for BB, I bet. It uses a silica wick which grabs it's juice from a Fluff Stuffed (OMG, I'm using those technical words again! lol). carto. Scott (Igetcha69) has a great review on the Spheroid, and my lack of technical terms will suddenly seem clear.

Go figure, eh. Have you tried the 500/30 or 500/28 for Boba's yet, at different ohms? A lot of flavors, like tobacco flavors, often taste better in the carto or cart. The Spheroid would be a good RA for BB, I bet. It uses a silica wick which grabs it's juice from a Fluff Stuffed (OMG, I'm using those technical words again! lol). carto. Scott (Igetcha69) has a great review on the Spheroid, and my lack of technical terms will suddenly seem clear.
I've tried Bobas on 32g,30g,and 28g but only with 400 mesh. All of which aren't nearly as good as a carto tank. You're right Bobas would probably shine on the spheroid. Holding off on the spheroid till I get my pipe.

It's by Stiff over at vapor wall. Just concerned with the timing of everything. The Orion V3 is soon and he's making a limited run of these that I may or may not make be able to swing. I'm not missing the Orion that's for sure. If not I'll just have to save up for a Gepetto pipe. post-3788-135918068604_thumb.jpg or post-3788-135918070009_thumb.jpg Man is a genius! Vapable art!!!

These past few months certainly have been busy with releases. Too many neat things all at the same time. I feel for you! It'd be a hard call to make. Hopefully they'll space the release in a timely fashion. Speaking of Stiff, did you see his new Poldiac?? I like how he clothed it.

haha, good luck getting your hands on a Gepetto! Better sharpen those ninja skills bubba. :D

Love the claw, and the Frankenstein ones, and so many others. I like seeing the pics, don't think I'd actually buy one... well maybe that Cowboy one... :)

These past few months certainly have been busy with releases. Too many neat things all at the same time. I feel for you! It'd be a hard call to make. Hopefully they'll space the release in a timely fashion. Speaking of Stiff, did you see his new Poldiac?? I like how he clothed it. haha, good luck getting your hands on a Gepetto! Better sharpen those ninja skills bubba. :D Love the claw, and the Frankenstein ones, and so many others. I like seeing the pics, don't think I'd actually buy one... well maybe that Cowboy one... :)
It's like all these mod makers know it's tax time. Lol!!! If I can swing it cool. If not I'm sure the next "shiny" is right around the corner. Some of Gepetto's stuff just isn't me. The devil and horror stuff just ain't my style. I do appreciate it though. It's just with pieces like that I think it should go to someone it fits to truly be appreciated. I'll only try for pieces that speak to me. The two above do. I would love to own either.

• 3 weeks later...

1.8 Cleromizers on a 510 start burning the wick at 4.2. dialing low 3.2-38 usually prduces the best flavor. You do not want to over heat. Sure you can do higher volts and ohms but you burn more juice for the same nicotine requirements. I tried a high volt setting, got some more vap, but went through twice as much juice for the same hit feeling.

2.1 and higher ohm carto's mean you will dial higher.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...