Little Weird And More Then Broken...

To all users of the Joye eGo starter e cig, I highly recommend you to stop using it! Last night, after less than a week of use, I was charging it when the battery BLEW up and caught my living room carpet on fire. My son(8 months old) was less than a foot from the explosion. I'm taking this to the company that makes the eGo ecig and getting an attorney as there is no way it was anything other than a faulty battery. Proof is that even the charger is undamaged, while the battery is a charred mess.

Be safe, fellow vapers.

It did NOT overcharge the battery. That much is clear. I hadn't charged it the night before because I went to my Aunts housewarming party and it died there (which SUCKED because it resulted in me relapsing to analogs), and so when I got home I plugged it in immediately. Explosion occurred within 15 minutes. I'll test the charger to see for sure but the outlet was fine afterwards and it didn't trip the breaker either. Leads me to think it's the battery. If it WAS the charger, I don't see why it would matter, really, since it's also an eGo charger.

I do have pictures of it AFTER the explosion, which aren't with me, but I will post them when I go back home. My brother has the SAME eCig from the same place, so I can take pictures of his and post those as well. After the thing blew, I called him immediately and had him unplug his, which was plugged into his computer. Would be bad if that caught on fire, too... I'll post them tomorrow around 5pm PST (GMT - 7) or maybe sooner.

I will make sure it is made by Joyetech before doing anything else, and will never buy a PV anywhere but direct from manufacturer. Online is better, at least you have the website pinned that way! I bought mine at the B&I, which is a sort of strip mall store thing where each store is separately owned. NEVER trusting that again. 35$ eGo which blew up vs a 60-70$ eGo that doesn't... Worth it.

Well I'll have to figure out the source.. Any ideas where to start? Maybe if I post pictures of the untouched battery? (My brother has the exact same eGo from the exact same store and they are 100% identical) Might give some clues.

You can simply post picture of the battery that is in question. The metal portion and button should still be intact. Normally when batteries "explode" they actually violently vent. Usually through the bottom of the tube (which they're designed to do)

I'm not trying to bust your chops but next time around I'd pick a better place to charge your batteries. Away from carpet and 8 month olds. I know you're upset and we would be as well. Just be glad you weren't using it when it went.

• 2 weeks later...