Need Help Choosing An E-Cig - Not Mixing My Own

JQueen21

Okay Guys, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger here......... I've got all the items in my basket - I'm going with BLU's suggestion of the E-GO starter kit that he earlier me linked me too, I'm getting 4 additional cartomizers, and I'm ordering all my juice from Jeffs suggestion at sweet vapes.

I did order a vision cartomizer - at sweet vapes - I went with the LR

Any additional info or advice or any additional accessories I need to order - SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE !

OH and btw Poppa, = how did you know I was JQ - that is too funny, cause I am JQ to a few of my friends..............

don't worry about priming. we were discussing tanks in that thread. it's my personal opinion that you should stay away from tanks until you get the basics down. both the clearomizer and the cartomizers that come in your kit are simple, effective options for newbies.

carto tanks are simply not.

everything looks good, i think you'll be very happy with your starter kit :)

post when you get it and we'll walk you through filling your first cartomizer

Also note:

A lot of people automatically assume "tank" implies a "carto-up-the-center".. I view them as simple as eGo "tanks"; and ranging to as complex as a Vivi [mini]-nova, Vision Version Two/Thor (clearo), or the Vivi Tank.

Hi JQ! Welcome to VT. :)

You're getting a lot of great advice from the guys. I'm still fairly new to all this, too, but with everyone's help here I'm coming along. I think. LOL!

The eGO batteries are probably going to be the most satisfying to you as a beginner. That's what I started out with. Having lots of backups is almost essential if you're wanting to get off the analogs (regular cigarettes). The Vision Stardust V2 clearomizers are probably going to be the easiest and most convenient for you to use imo. I prefer the ones with the longer wicks. You fill it up with e-juice, screw it onto your battery, wait a few minutes so the wicks can soak in the juice and start vaping. You won't have to keep filling it up as often as you would most cartomizers. I tried carts shortly after I started and much preferred the Startdust for the convenience and ease of use. Of course you might like the carts better.

Everyone has things they prefer. As you experiment with stuff you'll find what works best for you.

Sweet-Vapes has wonderful tasting e-juice. Their sample packs are a great way to get started to find out what you like. The longer you vape, you'll find your preferences for flavors will change as your tastebuds come back to life. I started out with fruit flavors but am now hooked on the coffee (Sweet-Vapes' Starbuckets Mocha is to die for!). Their Black Cherry flavor is nice and clean with just the perfect amount of sweet to make it interesting. And this is from someone who normally doesn't like cherries. Their Glazed Blueberry Donut was so good when I got the smallest size that I quickly ordered the 30 ml bottle.

Rixter recommended EC Blend brand Chocolate Malt to me and I'm definitely hooked!

As for nicotine content, this is just my personal opinion but I think it's better to get a higher mg and vape less than to get a lower one and get frustrated because you're having to chain-vape due to not getting enough nicotine to satisfy your craving. I smoked a pack a day of Marlboro Lights (Kings) for years and started out with 24 mg. Not too long after that I went down to 12 mg. Now, I have everything from 0 to 24 but mostly 6 and 12 mg.

As for PG/VG ratios -- that's just a personal preference, I think. Too much PG gives me a sore throat so I go a little lower, mostly 50/50 PG/VG mix or 60/40 PG/VG. I've tried the 100% VG but don't care for it as much. The more VG content, the more vapor you get. The more PG content = more flavor coming through but a stronger throat hit.

Oh, and once you get the juice? You can use it right away, but if it doesn't taste good to you, just let it sit (this is called "steeping") for awhile then come back to it. As the juice ages a few days to a week or so, the flavor will change. Whenever I get something I'm not crazy about right off the bat I let it steep a bit and I usually like it a lot better after. Sweet-Vapes' Dulce de Lece was like that. When I first got the sample sized bottle I didn't like it at all. After a week or so went by I tried it again. Now, I'm going to have to get a larger bottle of it and let it sit. :)

Whatever you do, just ask questions. Everyone here is great about answering and giving really good advice. Once you get a little experience under your belt come back and we'll talk about direct dripping... :laughing:

Thanks Tameiki for the great advice. - It's nice to finally get a "womans" opinion on all of this. (no offense guys, you have totally enlightened me !!!)

I was going to order an assortment of the sweet vapes juice. I thought I'd try a couple 70/30, 60/40 and 50/50. I was going to get an assortment of 18mg, 12 mg and maybe one 6mg. My BF is coming along for the ride with me on this one, actually he was the one that told me about the e-cig, I didn't know anything about it and since he is computer illiterate I have been doing all the research. He smokes Marlboro Mediums and Camel Wides, I think 24mg will be too much for both of us. I don't want anything that's going to make me choke or have a sore throat. As for the steeping - do you let it sit in the bottle or in the cartomizer ? -

How did you all of you do when you first started all of this? How long did it take you to get used to the vaping ? How much of an adjustment was it for you ? I've read stories that at first people vaped and smoked, but did not smoke as much and then of course they slowly weened themselves off the analogs, which is what I've always been taught that it is healthier for you to slowly ween yourself off than to just go cold turkey, that's why I have never quit the analogs, there is no way I could just go cold turkey.

Thanks Tameiki for the great advice. - It's nice to finally get a "womans" opinion on all of this. (no offense guys, you have totally enlightened me !!!)

:)

I think you're doing the right thing in trying different strengths and mixes of PG/VG to see what you like better. If you have the money for it, I'd pick one flavor and get different nic and PG/VG levels. That would make getting the mix right for you much easier rather than to do it on different flavors. Then, when you figure out what works for you -- go nuts and try all kinds of yummy juice.

When steeping you just leave it in the bottle and let it sit in a cool, dark place. They recommend you shake the bottle at least once a day. Some people prefer the taste of unsteeped liquids. Others prefer it after a few days while others prefer to let it sit a week or more. It all depends on what you like as well as the liquid itself. I think with e-cigs and e-juices, it all depends on your preferences. What one person likes another will not.

When I first started I smoked some, vaped some. It took a little getting used to but by day five I put the analogs aside and haven't looked back since. There are still five packs of smokes in my fridge that I've never touched. Having them there makes me feel a little better -- like if I want to smoke I still can but it's not absolutely necessary and I prefer now to vape.

There's a learning curve to vaping and I'm still fairly new to all of this myself discovering new things all the time. The folks here at VT have been a great resource for all sorts of information and so nice about it, too!

Good luck with everything. I hope you stick to it while you're going through the trial and error phase, it's definitely worth it. I feel so much better now. :D

Oh, and one more thing. I read somewhere that

24 mg = full flavor

12 mg = lights

6 mg = ultra lights

I don't know how accurate that is but it gave me a starting point in nicotine strengths. The reason I keep so many different ones around is when I'm vaping a lot I'll switch to a lower or 0 strength so I don't get too much nic. You'll know it's too much when you get dizzy and maybe even a headache starting. :)

Edited by Tameiki

I am going to do my best to stick with it. I just have to have patience with it and not get frustrated because I'm new at this and I know I have to give it some time. You guys make it sound so easy. Its not me I'm worried about, its my BF, - he has not patience sometimes when it comes to certain things. - (like most men - HA !!! ) I gues that's why I'm a little anxious about the whole thing, I don't want to get aggravated and say the "heck with it" and go back to analogs. I have got to quit. Period, no ifs ands or "butts' about it. I wish I would have known about this a long time ago, but I am so grateful now that I do know and I am really excited about it.

if your bf doesn't take to it he doesn't take to it. my wife never did. she can't stand it. just remember that vaping is not smoking. it gives you a different hit, a different satisfaction. but if you want it to, it will work. you just have to stick with it and remember that you don't want to go back to smoking.

Amen to that ........ He may do better at it than me because hes wanted to quit smoking more than I did.

do you guys have any other favorite sites to buy juice . ?

http://www.thevaporroom.net/

this is my personal favorite. and honestly the only place i buy juice from anymore. it's the best i've ever had. every order is mixed when you place the order not beforehand sitting on a shelf. they source and mix 100% in the U.S.

new customers get a free 15ml, every order new or old gets 3ml for free. and if you order from their "flavors of the week" you get a 30ml for $10. so on your first order you can get 48ml's of juice for $14 with shipping included, and be able to try at least 3 diff types of juice.

I stopped buying premade juices, and stocked-up on nicotine, pg, vg and flavors: both companies offer flavors and I stick to tobacco-like tastes/scents.

Some recipes are here.

Yes. I too prefer a higher nicotine-content, as it slows my vaping and battery-life is extended. (mind with you, I have no plan to reduce nicotine to zero: any reductions in my recipes are experiments with flavor/bite or necessity).

do you guys have any other favorite sites to buy juice . ?

Other than Sweet-Vapes, I've recently started buying juice at EC Blend and, like Blu recommended, The Vapor Room. I really like both of the latter sites a lot!

Very glad you are giving all this a try, you really won't be sorry. The 'Guys' have given you excellent advice. As a fellow girl vaper, you will very soon be on the right track !!!

Once you get started, don't stress about smoking. If you need to smoke....smoke. The worst thing we can do to our selves is add any undue stress and anxiety. Let things take their natural course. I was one of the fortunates that was able to quit as soon as I started vaping.

Relax, Enjoy, Vape :wine:

My package should be here today - they sent a couple of sample juices with it but my juice order won't be here till Thursday - So I will holler at you guys when it gets here - I'll be so glad, cuz I'm smoking like a chimney today - - :wallbash:

Love the wine glass emoticon - since I am a wine connisuer myself........

Thanks for turning me on to the EC Blends site - prices are cheap.............

Have you ever tried the cocktail flavored juices - thats interesting..............

Don't beat yourself up too much for going back to analogs. Just jump back on the wagon when you get your order. :)

As for cocktail flavored juices, when I first started my constant was the Mojito flavor from the local brick & mortar store. It didn't exactly taste like a mojito but it was good. Then, I ordered some from Sweet-Vapes (both the regular and extra flavor versions) in 12 mg, 50/50. The lime came through much better. I still like it today but I'm hooked on the coffee flavors and chocolate malt from EC Blend these days. Despite my attempt not to buy anymore e-cig related stuff until after my trip this coming week I caved and ordered a large bottle of cranberry from The Vapor Room. They're sneaky and sent me a sample bottle of it in my last order. It's wonderful stuff... :D

How much juice do I put in the cartomizer....... ? It's fairly large - I think it said it would hold 4ml - ? (no instructions in box of course)

I don't know if I want to try this sample juice they sent, I may just wait till the good stuff comes from sweet vapes this week. I'll just to have keep on smoking for a few more days...................

Theres a little button on the side - is it supposed to stay lit when you vape, do you hold the button down continually when you inhaling - how does that work, - Maybe the batteries are charged - CLUELESS here ! Be patient with me as I learn all these things.........