An Evening With Some Classics

I was helping my daughter with her essay about Susan B. Anthony tonight and we both needed a break and a bit of a laugh. My memory decided to cooperate tonight... I just KNEW there was a School House Rock song about sufferage. Youtube to the rescue! God, I miss the good cartoons and things like school house rock.

Thank god for the internet, because I really feel like my kids are missing out when all that's available on Saturday mornings is crap like "Regular Show" and "Annoying Orange." Oh, and lets not forget "Adventure Time." The cartoons really suck nowadays. To make matters worse, my cable provider did away with Boomerang. At least they used to air old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry. I loved those when I was a kid!

What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? Anyone remember School House Rock? What was your favorite?

• 2 weeks later...

Roadrunner!!! LOL! I like Foghorn Leghorn also. :)

I remember Schoolhouse Rock. Don't remember many of the toons... Scooby-doo, etc.

My kids can't believe that we could only watch cartoons on Saturday morning when I was a kid.

What a hoot, remembering back.

The Roadrunner had me laughing out loud so many times over the years.

I thought the Jetsons were pretty cool, futuristic, but hardly ever laughed out loud.

Scooby Doo was always fun and adventurous.

The Flintstones was a must watch! But I don't know why. It just was.

In all honesty though, I couldn't wait for the toons to finish up on Saturday mornings, because the shows I really wanted to see followed. You know... all the great westerns like Trigger, Buttercup, Champ, .... errrr, I mean, Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Audi Murphy, .....