Did Pics

Uma

MM logo stands for Metal Madness, the official name of the DID's store at e-vape.gr The nice logo is now on all his attys. :) The special inscription "To my friend" and his signature, is only on special editions to those who have helped posters get their attys up and running, or, like me, who love them so much and have become non-stop chatterboxes about them lol.

post-1865-0-64126700-1347046008_thumb.jp

Edited by Uma

Sounds interesting and it looks good. I'd like to here a review. It's Greek to me at this point. No pun intended. My questions are how much juice does it hold. What resistance(s) does it come with, how is the flavor and vapor production and how much does is cost......

Good idea! I'll try later to get another thread going with all the particulars, including the tutorial videos.

As for your questions:

Regular DID holds 3.0ml (it's a 3.5ml tank, but you need air space)

MINI DID holds 1.8ml (it's a 2.0ml tank) and costs

They are both 87euros (about 103 bucks).

They come with wire and SS mesh... enough for about 8 wicks ... and the wicks last months! Coils vary from user and juice, but most coils, after you have the hang of it, last a few weeks to a few months. (like a good 306!).

The resistance is up to you! The fewer the wire wraps, the Lower the resistance.

The fewer the coils, the hotter the vape. The more the coils, the cooler the vape. Provari's, and other VV's, like a lot of wraps. Mechanical mods enjoy fewer wraps.

Flavor and vapor are outstanding!! But, as with ANY genesis type of atty, it will vary with your wrap of the day. :) UNLIKE store bought attys, where you are stuck using the wrap of the day atty, these you can uncoil and wrap it up better! Or re-oxidize your wick better, or season it...

They are built to last for forever, unlike the store bought attys that last a few days to a few weeks. (a few months for some, but seldom considered an avg).

They do have breakable pieces, such as the center post can break because they are thin (as with any genesis attys!). Always having an extra one or two on hand is good. Spare nuts too. You are now a DIY-er!!!! DIY-ers always have extra parts on hand.

and yes, you can also purchase the clear tanks if wanted.

The DID wicks tremendously well. The best wicker out there! It has a large wicking hole. This allows for wicks inside of wicks, called double wicking... etc... even the regular wick wicks fantastically. If it doesn't, it's user error! There are checklists for users... is the wick touching the sides of the hole? The cap? The bottom of tank? (you want a NO or you need to correct that minor detail)....

It's all a fun learning curve.

The cap is twisted on, you'll never lose it!

wow.... okay... ask a girl a simple question and you get the book!! lol.

I'm such a chatterbox!!! Sorry!!!

I'll contain myself in the next posts! (I hope)..

Scott (igetcha69) has a review!!! Here's the link:

NOTICE... when Scott starts to put it together, in his right hand he holds a stem that he will screw into the base. NOTICE that the stem has a tiny o-ring on each end of it. VIP to know where those tiny o-rings go...

see! my promised post, short and sweet, just like me. lol

Edited by Uma

I like the way it's assembled. The coil material looks pretty durable. The coil material I got with a rebuildable atty a couple of years ago was very brittle and kept breaking when I tried to make a coil. Wasn't easy to work with. This looks much better.

I saw where ECF has banned negative supplier reviews related to rebuildalbe attys, stating that they are for experienced users with a general knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a multi-meter. I got the impression that there have been some damaged PVs from people using rebuildable attys. I would think a protected mod like the Provari would be okay, but on an unprotected mod, use some caution... don't just put it together, roll a coil and slap it on.

I'm embarrassed to say... I was completely unaware of this.

haha, don't be embarrassed! They're new to the scene this year. So many new gadgets, it's hard to keep up! These are so popular today, not just because they're readily available on his website, but because they perform wonderfully. Already peeps are drilling a 2nd hole so they can do a U-ey wick set up, and others have replaced the nuts with springs so they can do a twisted coil wrap... they're versatile to the modder, and quite perfect as they are for the rest of us. They are now the favorite copy of the Chineese too, buyer beware! Even the copy's are selling like hotcakes. (but they don't have twisted caps neener neener).

Put one of these original babies on a Caravela, and like one poster said, it turns a work horse into a Dressage horse! Made for each other. P+ is a perfect match too and so forth. (they come in satin and in polished). The pics on the net are beautiful!!! Especially Dspins pics. Absolutely beautiful! Eventually you won't go a day without seeing at least one pic of these, somewhere in some thread. You'll be in the "know" now. :)

Great Thread Uma !!!! 3 years later, and I can still feel like a noobie. Love the pics :yes

new stuff to figure out, I love new stuff.

Thanks Kitsune! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I found these during my last FDA panic attack. When it's not the FDA, it's the politicians! These are the beast, great way to beat the Zombie attacks, Armageddon. And, a nice everyday vape too anyway. I'm so glad I found it. The biggest problem with them? Ya' can't just have one. They're like potato chips... gotta go back for more! One for each juice. lol. oy!

I like the way it's assembled. The coil material looks pretty durable. The coil material I got with a rebuildable atty a couple of years ago was very brittle and kept breaking when I tried to make a coil. Wasn't easy to work with. This looks much better.

I saw where ECF has banned negative supplier reviews related to rebuildalbe attys, stating that they are for experienced users with a general knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a multi-meter. I got the impression that there have been some damaged PVs from people using rebuildable attys. I would think a protected mod like the Provari would be okay, but on an unprotected mod, use some caution... don't just put it together, roll a coil and slap it on.

The SS mesh wick is Food Grade or Corrosion resistant material only. I believe they call it T-304 and T-316. Those two are the safe, and easy to work with SS meshs. The sizes we get are 325 and 400. The 325 has fewer threads, for VG, and the 400 count is great for PG, but they both wick well for either one, to be honest! It doesn't really matter which one is used, in most cases. And, it's never brittle. The only way to make it over brittle is if it's torched too hard, like with a powerful torch. We use the stovetop or small kitchen Chef's torch types to torch the wicks, and they oxidize beautifully.

Using a Multi-Meter after torching the sheet of mesh being used, will assure a perfect setup. I haven't used one yet, but plan to. So far, I just re-torch if I get any shorts. You can tell a short, by lack of vapor, flavor, or a metallic taste. Sometimes, just turning the wick a bit, will get the coil off the hot spot.

Most mechanical mods now have the fire safety springs. If your coiling shorts out a mod, it will collapse the spring. (even Store Bought atties will occasionally short out and collapse a spring!). Just re-torch the wick, re-coil, re-spring the mod, and off you go!

(a good DIY'er will always have extra springs on hand! I better go get me some!)

The Provari is excellent. It won't work if you're using more amps than it's capable of. It will give you the error codes and what not. It's a great one for teaching one how to make the perfect wick and coil. Once it's working on the Provari, it can be used on anything with a safety spring.

They've come a long way! They're so easy-ish to set up now, and some, like the DID, are true workhorses, worthy of it's popularity.

(beware of copycats! but even those will probably be decent-ish lol).

oops, another book. sorry!

I'll do better next time. Promise!!

And, I'll be carefuller which mods I put it on. Thanks for the headsup!! I doubt if my little Twists are strong enough... amped high enough... oh dear... good thing I have a Roller coming!

Edited by Uma

Here's a tutorial on how to oxidize the wick, using the Jack Frost method.

A lot of people use only this method, and a lot of us use this method before moving on to the oxidize/quench steps that Scott (igetcha69) teaches on his other videos (Hellfire video).. Using the Jack Frost method, and then moving on to the Scott's Basics method, might be overdoing it to some, but not to me! I like over-doing it. :)

Well, fooooey, the Chineese now do a copy with the twisted lid too. Be on the alert for copies. The airhole doesn't line up with the wick, and they are chrome covered brass, no seriel number or signature, etc.. The real DID's are solid SS and the airholes line up beautifully, and have a seriel number and perhaps signature.

Just a headsup so you don't overpay for a cheap knockoff.

I can't believe I didn't see this till now...

been away for a few days, gottsa catch up!

Uma, you're an amazing lady for all you do

also, did recently notice a Smok version of the DID. don't think Id make that leap...but who knows. Maybe someone will be brave enough to give it a try

Edited by Jdog

Hey JDog!!! You're the amazing one! You started off with the tiniest of beasts ever, yet stuck it out til you mastered it. I learned on the regular sized DID, thank God! After my dexterity kicked in though, the Mini became my favorite. It rocks!!

I joined a co-op for some of the wannabe dids, (affectionately called duds lol). They will go in my Apocalypse stockpile. They are close enough to the DID (but not quite!!!) to vape well, but with the Lead Based brass, I certainly wouldn't want to use them on a daily basis. They'll do in a pinch though, in emergencies, and for anybody who wants to learn the ropes of oxidizing and coiling to see if it's for them or not.

I'm going to try the #500 mesh next. The 500 is getting great reviews, especially when combined with the 30 gauge wire. (on all genesis attys, not just the DID's). Hopefully it'll make my Zen sing like my DID. That's the funny thing about the genny's... they take turns being a p.i.a. and a great vaping beast. They all have their quirks, and they all seem to take their turns at being good or bad, depending on the wrap of the day. But, with that said, I must admit, that so far my DID's are always great!!! They're the ones for me and my style of prepping I guess. :)

Pictures!!! Show us your pics!!

I was asked, in the Status area on the front page of the forum, to show pics of the DID, and so I did, and therefore, the reason for this recent thread. Those that asked haven't appeared yet lol. Go figure! But, when they do show up, it'd be great for them to see the DID on different setups.

Speaking of different setups, I have a ROLLER incoming!!! (by Atmizoo). I can't wait!!!! All mechanical, telescopic, lifetime warranty, and a top side button that makes the SB envious. :) As soon as customs lets go of it,... I'll post some pics!

time to go remove my latest wick, dryburn the coils, retorch the wick, reinsert and try a new juice. :) Love the pink spot vapor juices the most so far, but dang the Irish Cream by Altcig.com rocks too. Can't wait to DIY my own flavors and try those.

Post pics or it didn't happen. :D

WOW! that's what the roller looks like?! *grabby hands* i'll definitely be keeping an eye on that site for later...

yeah, i totally realized after watching videos that the size of the mini was what was giving me the most trouble. classical me though, but i got it now and i'm looking to get another one (different though, still looking..) although i love the mini! it's so good for how small!

its been so long since ive used a tank... i feel like i hardly see my e-juice anymore. although gotta say it's nice to not have to carry around bottles anymore :)

haven't tried any new mesh/wire. I'm thinking of getting some of the 30 next time i get supplies...

i don't get the #s of the mesh at all.. what's different about the 500 compared to what comes with the atty's?

yes i know! i need to take pictures, i've been horrible at remembering things lately... O__o