V² / R = P

Rixter

Using the formula V² / R = P, where V is voltage, R is resistance, and P is power (in watts), what wattage do you prefer to vape at on your favorite juice delivery devices?

I know that for me, it depends on what I'm using as a delivery device. 8.88 watts is just right for my 1.8Ω Vision V2/V3 Clearomizers (4 volts), 7.7 watts seems to be the sweet spot for my 1.5Ω AMG Hybrid Uni atty by Vapage (3.4 volts), and my 2Ω Smok Tech 510 atty provides its best performance at 8 watts (again, 4 volts). My Boge 2Ω and CCV (Smok Tech) 1.7Ω Resurrector cartos both like 3.7 volts, but that puts them at 6.85 watts and 8 watts, respectively, which seems like a pretty big power difference.

I don't know why different juice delivery devices work best at different settings (maybe it's in my head :ermm: ), but when I start messing around with voltage settings, I always tend to go back to those listed above because they work best for me.

So how about you?

Here's a handy little online calculator that does the math for you if you're the curious type. Just enter your device's voltage and your carto/atty/tank's resistance, click the "Calculate" button, and the wattage and amperage will be displayed. It might make things a little easier to figure out what products will perform the same as what you already have, especially when it's time to buy new gear that performs like your favorites. It's also handy when trying to figure out what to set your variable voltage devices at to match other PV's performance. Edited by Rixter

To the high-watt vapers: What kind of atty/carto/tank are you using and how many coils does it have...simply out of curiosity? (jeffb...I already know you're a Vision Clearo guy)

Edited by Rixter

An experienced vaper once explained to me that when figuring power (wattage) on dual-coil delivery devices, you have to divide your power in half because you're splitting the wattage across two coils, hence a cooler vapor but twice as much...sort of like vaping from two low power setups at once. A dual-coil setup utilizing 9 watts is like taping two 4.5 watt PVs together and vaping them at the same time. Here is a link to the explanation back when I thought I knew a thing or two. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/298257-my-head-spinning-help-me-youre-my-only-hope-5.html#post6148777

Anybody that vapes at less than 8 watts should be ashamed to call themselves a vaper. :lol:

Sometimes it only takes just a caress if everything is as it should be.Rambo always got the job done but he looked like Hell at the end of the movie.

Anybody that vapes at less than 8 watts should be ashamed to call themselves a vaper. :lol:

bah! jeffb is a hater.

truth be told everyone is different, there was a lot of talk going on awhile back about how the "magic number" was like 8 or 9 watts, but really whatever works best for you is what the magic number is. i'll take my 6 watts and be happy with it :)