I Keep Returning To Analogs :-(

After almost three months, even if it were proven analogs and ecigs were identical health risks I would still continue to vape over analogs. I wish I could say I understand, but for me vaping is far more satisfying, calming, and pretty sure I get more nicotine now than before just not all the other garbage.

I struggle however with calling my switch to vaping "quitting smoking" but rather a switch to a much healthier alternative I prefer anyway.

Agreed........and BTW, Go Gators.

Im with beautiful disaster I had a blu and just never bought another pack of smokes.that was just it .I think its because I didnt hype myself up oh im never going to smoke again oh - im quiting what am I going to do = I just smoked the blu liked it knowing full well I could smoke a ciggarette if I wanted one nobody said I couldnt im an adult and I dont have to explain it to anyone. I just genuinely prefer the vaping.I like delicious flavors and like not smelling bad I love feeling good .my car smells good .My hair smells like shampoo. I can use whitning toothpaste and feel like its doing something.This is for me ,and im glad I did it .thinking about smoking an analog tuns my stomach .my husband still smokes and I really cant stand it he smells just like my granddad did when I was a kid.(that and old spice :veryangry: )

my best friend is like mu husband - shes having such a hard time too ,I wish I could make it sink in for them and for you -but you have to just tell your self that you arent quiting youre switching. youre getting nicotine in a much nicer way.just look at it as a swap out stinky smokes for cake scented ones lol

Edited by Christie

• 4 months later...

I hear you. Been vaping for about 2 weeks now and I go 8 mabey 10 hours without a cig. Even though the first one taste nasty and it feels like my face is going to hit the ground. But why? Need to really say good buy to an old and bad friend and not look back.Chewing gum is helpful to me, They when you chew gum it releases those chemicals that help to relax you. Don't give it up and always remember the benefits of vaping, Im going to keep on doing this because I know that Im going to get it. Believe in yourself and be happy that your not at the bottom and just starting like Iam. Hang in there. You will get it like I will. Everyone has there own timing.

• 10 months later...

Cig free 5 weeks today. I gradually cut down to maybe 1 or 2 a day and kept telling myself when this pack is gone that's it, no more. I did this several times and finally it stuck. Now I don't even want one which is shocking to me because that urge was so strong.....and I have a lot of stress in my life that kept me going back.....then one day it stuck. I don't even miss them anymore. You've just got to make it up in your mind that you are going to do this for yourself and your family. It takes a lot of talking to yourself...lol

Good luck. You WILL get there if you are determined.

Dc

You know, I'm really new to vaping exclusively (only a few days), but over the past month, I have been cutting way back on analogs. I've been keeping track of my patterns when having an analog, and then creating a new pattern for vaping instead.

For example, every morning, I would wake up, grab a cup of coffee and a smoke, and head outside to enjoy a few minutes of quiet before I wake up the kids. Now, I get up, grab a cup of coffee, and head to my bedroom for a few minutes of quiet and some vaping. Its totally a mental thing for me.

I hope things have gotten better for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I know, very late to this topic. But this subject is up close and personal to me. I've been vaping exclusively for about 18 months and I still love the smell of tobacco smoke. I think I'm like a dog in heat when I smell someone smoking on the street. Blow it my way!!!!! I also go to the smokers lounge at the airport to get a strong dose of second hand smoke. Sheesh! Here's how strong the addiction is. I finished my last cig 4 may 2013 outside my sig others shop at closing time at 9 pm here in Malaysia. It was an Indonesian clove cigarette, as they last longer than a typical Marlboro Red. I ground it out in the corner of a neighbouring shop's grill. It was there for weeks later :) maybe he doesn't sweep often. Then my addiction kicked in. I started to think, "hey! when it's 12 midnight here, it's only noon in New York and I'm American not Malaysian, so it's still my birthday in my home country so I can smoke 12 more hours". Then at noon the next day I started thinking, "hey! it's midnight in New York, but only 9 in California, and only 6 in Hawaii! That's still in my country so I can still smoke 6 more hours!". Then I ran out of excuses and haven't really looked back. It's truly almost painless once you've made up your mind to do it. I firmly believe the FDA did a stupid thing making nicotine the bad guy when there are so many many chemicals in tobacco smoke that mimic narcotics, bronchodilators, steroids etc. If I'd known to be prepared for that I'd have been less scared of switching to vaping. Just knowing the enemy makes an easier fight. I wish the FDA had fought for full disclosure of what goes into cigarettes and what comes out rather than the stupid nicotine is the bad guy route. It's truly a struggle, but vaping cuts all the corners off and makes it a smooth transition that's also entertaining and fun. I hope you're doing better now.

• 3 weeks later...