New Guy With A Kgo

Joe13

Just bought a KGo to battle cigarette beast.

Dark City Vapors samplers

Ive found the favors left a bit to be desired ... And still trying to get used to the fact that there is no substitute for the burning flavor of a real cig.

So far, Im a bit turn off by the tobacco juices I've tried (DarkCityVapors: Dk mnt blend, mountain 55) .

Mnt 55, is a little closer to what Im liking , that is not too sweet.

I actually quite dig the StrawberryMint, but found the vapor a bit weak ...

Blueberry freeze, jury's out, but right now, it's leaning toward a thumbs down. There's a creamy note that's not to my palette.

So, while its a little frustrating to be only MOSTLY satisfied flavorwise, I love not being a "smoker" .

Finding the right juice is part of the learning curve that comes with e-cigs.Everyones taste is differant,and your taste will change as your body gets rid of the toxins from cigarettes.All juices are not created equal as far as quality from vendor to vendor.I would suggest trying small sample sizes from a few differant vendors.Nicotine strength and PG/VG blends are also part of finding the right juice.Ask alot of questions.This forum is full of great people with alot of knowledge who will be more than happy to help.For me,tobacco europe vt3 from vaporheads.net at 18mg nicotine and 50/50 pg/vg is the closest to a real cig.Remember,everyone is differant.

TRY BOBAS BOUNTY! lol its my crack! if you like to see a tone of vapor go with more VG in the mix. and bobas is 100%VG. now did you just buy 1 kgo batt or the kit? cuz if u r trying to quick analogs u would need a back up. and one kgo would not do it (for me at least!) cuz 3 hours is WAAYY too long to wait for it to charge. now if u had gotten your fix and then it dies then sure i could wait, but that is NEVER the case with me. lol i always go to start vaping and it shuts down quicker than a drug deal in a police station! which in turn makes me turn into the hulk... so i always have a backup and in rare cases i have a backup for my backups lol. just a couple small 808 stick batts. but my main setup if good enough that i havent used the 808's in about a month...

Bobas Bounty.. Oiy.. the neverending ugh. lol! I did like Bobas for a few weeks before I was cured. Ha. Try the sampler packs from http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com . It's a good place to start. Some other vendors (like Halo) also offer group samplers. I suggest you try something close to what you smoked before for starters. I used to smoke Virginia Slims or Misty or More, so myfreedomsmokes' Slims worked very well for me to begin with. But, then I wanted more of a tobacco flavor. Someone on here (mega) turned me on to Dunhill. myfreedomsmokes has a tobacco sampler pack and a menthol sampler pack (about 6 flavors each). I would start there. It took a few months to find the right flavor. Be patient and try to enjoy the process. You Will find a wonderful and satisfying flavor(s) that work for you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Joe13,

I'm new here too. Welcome! I hope you find the juice that's right for you. I've only had the RY4 that came with my initial kit and the pearberry that I ordered with it. I'm not sure that I am tasting much of the "tobacco" flavor in the RY4 but its pleasant.(pearberry i <3 ) I second the tip for ordering samples. I've ordered from nearly every vendor that has them and they should start trickling in soon. Good luck in your search!

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome from another noob!

Juice, I am learning...is an enigma wrapped in a riddle...lol. What one person loves & recommends, another person's taste buds are absolutely insulted by! It's truly personal taste/preference that rules the day it would seem. I quickly got into DIY mixing and, while I probably have a long way to go with it; I am already making stuff that is pretty decent...at least decent enough for me!

Mrs. Savvy mentioned RY4. I love RY4! If you haven't tried it, the best way I can describe it is (to me at least) it's a "caramel-ly" taste with a hint of tobacco at the very end. It's my understanding that the RY's start at "RY1" and depending on vendor, go all the way up to "RY8". The Higher the number - the more caramel taste. The lower the # the more "tobacco-ey". If you are searching for a tobacco flavor with a little something extra you may wanna check the RY's out!

Another one I like to mix (and thought I wouldn't because I'm a guy ;-P ) is Tiramisu! Oh and, you say you like fruits? Try the Tiger's Blood from Totally Wicked's website. It's a combo of strawberry, kiwi and coconut - pretty tasty.

Only advice I can impart when it comes to flavors is try to find at least 3 or 5 you like and be ready to rotate through them. I quickly noticed that after a week or so of one flavor; the flavor seems to become muted. I guess that's because you're taste buds have been bombarded for too long with one flavor? I dunno but, it also could be that my taste buds are not completely back from decades of smoking?

Anyways, welcome once again and enjoy your journey through "vapedom"!